Sign in to follow this  
Strike

School shooting solution

Yea it’s rifles that look like they are from the movie commando as opposed to something Elmer Fudd would use.

"Looking Scary" doesn't seem like it should be a criteria. There has to be something else other than that as a reason.

"Looking Scary" doesn't seem like it should be a criteria. There has to be something else other than that as a reason.

Dont know anything about looking scary or criteria. I was just trying to help visualize what an assault style rifle is.

Dont know anything about looking scary or criteria. I was just trying to help visualize what an assault style rifle is.

we should ban those scary looking guns in video games too

we should ban those scary looking guns in video games too

No, those are awesome, especially the laser ones.

I'm open to the discussion of banning more weapons, but I'm struggling to determine what "assault style rifle" is. Is it scary looking rifles? Any semi-auto rifle? :dunno:

Look up the AR15 then look up the Mini 14. They're trying to ban the former but the latter is still perfectly legal, for now.

If you can find where "common sense" or "sensible" gun laws can differentiate between the two as far as danger to the general public, please explain it to me and the rest of these idiots. TIA

Clips over a dozen rounds seems a good start.

Well kids, Trump is on the record today as saying he wants to take the guns first then go to court and pursue due process second. He's also said that he's going to stand up to the NRA. Of course, he did something very similar about DACA period when the cameras are rolling he says that people like, then completely backtracks 12 hours later. But remember that he said that. And hold him accountable.

Can you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if Obama said anything even close to that? Take the guns first go to court second and then pursue due process? Holy hell!

Obama didn't do anything so you can't really compare the two. Where were you 2009-2016?

Obama didn't do anything so you can't really compare the two. Where were you 2009-2016?

Do you only listen to Trump's talking points? Because that's exactly what he was trying to sell. Of course, there is actually a Congressional Record out there the documents things. Obama tried to send through comprehensive gun control legislation after Sandy Hook. Do you not remember that? Perhaps you should research that.

And again, Trump hasn't done anything either. At least nothing he hasn't done before. Bloviate and lie. Then retract and deny. Then pass the blame. We'll see if this is any different. Will probably know within 24 hours. Or by tomorrow morning's tweets. I guess it all depends on what Fox and Friends tells him tomorrow morning.

Trump says Florida police should have taken away the Stoneman Douglas shooter's guns "whether they had the right or not."

interesting take

Do you only listen to Trump's talking points? Because that's exactly what he was trying to sell. Of course, there is actually a Congressional Record out there the documents things. Obama tried to send through comprehensive gun control legislation after Sandy Hook. Do you not remember that? Perhaps you should research that.

And again, Trump hasn't done anything either. At least nothing he hasn't done before. Bloviate and lie. Then retract and deny. Then pass the blame. We'll see if this is any different. Will probably know within 24 hours. Or by tomorrow morning's tweets. I guess it all depends on what Fox and Friends tells him tomorrow morning.

Poor Barrack. Couldn't get anything done. Except what he wanted done. Bathrooms got taken care of somehow. And he had an attorney general, DOJ, FBI, ATF at his disposal. God forbid he stepped up enforcement of existing gun laws. But then we know who would have been getting collared, and as we know from this Florida massacre, Barracks strategy for reducing the number of minorities arrested was to simply not arrest them.

Poor Barrack. Couldn't get anything done. Except what he wanted done. Bathrooms got taken care of somehow. And he had an attorney general, DOJ, FBI, ATF at his disposal. God forbid he stepped up enforcement of existing gun laws. But then we know who would have been getting collared, and as we know from this Florida massacre, Barracks strategy for reducing the number of minorities arrested was to simply not arrest them.

What's this "Enforce existing gun laws" you're talking about? This is interesting. Can you explain more? Like, are you saying we already have gun laws on the books that aren't enforced?

Is this a new idea?

What's this "Enforce existing gun laws" you're talking about? This is interesting. Can you explain more? Like, are you saying we already have gun laws on the books that aren't enforced?

Yup. Investigations not launched, resources not sent where they are needed.

So AR's with detachable magazines are perfectly legal to possess in California? I've been told otherwise.

yes as long as the clip doesn't exceed the state limit which I believe is 10

Maybe only I find this interesting. 7 out of the top 10 mass shootings in America have occurred in the last 10 years.

Though you'll hear a lot of numbers thrown around, this is the most conservative set of Criterion to arrive at this metric of any other metric.

At least for innocence dead. Not counting games shootings or domestic violence. And not including the shooter himself. And last, not counting casualties meaning injuries no matter how severe they might be.

So, for example, you can find statistics like there is a mass shooting in America every 1.86 days. That's if you throw in the shooter as one of the body count. Also include everything that I've excluded above. And also include wanted to include some idiot who twist her ankle running away from the shooter or some overweight security guard having a heart attack running away from the shooter. To them it's all the same.

Still, seven of the top 10 all occurring in the last 10 years. And just a rough math check comes to about 250 victims spread among those seven incidents. That's pretty crazy.

No agenda, just FYI.

ETA, 146 total incidents that meet that stringent Criterion over the last 50 years.

I don't want mentally ill people to be having guns," he said at a freewheeling White House meeting on school safety. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

This is worth memorializing. This is the first president in American history to propose Siezing Guns first then going through the process of obtaining justification via due process for doing so.

And the gun nuts were worried about Obama? Jesus. The Republicans are having a collective stroke right now.

yes as long as the clip doesn't exceed the state limit which I believe is 10

I think you're mistaken. If your rifle has any of the features that make an AR an AR, it must have a fixed, 10 round, magazine. Period. If you want to have a detachable magazine, your rifle has to be "featureless".

I'm open to the discussion of banning more weapons, but I'm struggling to determine what "assault style rifle" is. Is it scary looking rifles? Any semi-auto rifle? :dunno:

Google assault weapons ban and read their definition.

I think you're mistaken. If your rifle has any of the features that make an AR an AR, it must have a fixed, 10 round, magazine. Period. If you want to have a detachable magazine, your rifle has to be "featureless".

What is this babble? If your rifle has any feature that make it armalite?

What is this babble? If your rifle has any feature that make it armalite?

No, features such as a pistol grip, collapsible stock or flash suppressor among others. They aren't unique to AR's (the platform) but they are common features of the AR. If you have any of those features on yours, it cannot have a detachable magazine in the state of California.

No, features such as a pistol grip, collapsible stock or flash suppressor among others. They aren't unique to AR's (the platform) but they are common features of the AR. If you have any of those features on yours, it cannot have a detachable magazine in the state of California.

But those have nothing to do with each other.

But those have nothing to do with each other.

I'm just telling you what the law is, I didn't say it made sense. :D

A few years ago California banned detachable mags on AR's. They passed legislation that required the use of a tool to detach the magazine. They called them bullet buttons because you could use the tip of a .223 round to push the button to detach the magazine. The state didn't like that so they outlawed bullet buttons and changed the law so you now have to partially disassemble the rifle to swap mags. This is typically done by pulling the rear takedown pin to separate the upper from the lower to access the magazine. If you want to keep the detachable magazine you have to remove the pistol grip, flash suppressor, collapsible stock, bayonet lug, and whatever other arbitrary feature they deemed illegal.

Or you could just buy a Mini-14 instead and enjoy your detachable magazine without having to change anything to make it compliant.

A few years ago California banned detachable mags on AR's. They passed legislation that required the use of a tool to detach the magazine. They called them bullet buttons because you could use the tip of a .223 round to push the button to detach the magazine. The state didn't like that so they outlawed bullet buttons and changed the law so you now have to partially disassemble the rifle to swap mags. This is typically done by pulling the rear takedown pin to separate the upper from the lower to access the magazine. If you want to keep the detachable magazine you have to remove the pistol grip, flash suppressor, collapsible stock, bayonet lug, and whatever other arbitrary feature they deemed illegal.

Or you could just buy a Mini-14 instead and enjoy your detachable magazine without having to change anything to make it compliant.

I guess I wasn't aware of it then, my buddy bought an AR-15 at the deadline and I just assumed it was a standard one, and after you said that I am not going to mention what I have just in case

I guess I wasn't aware of it then, my buddy bought an AR-15 at the deadline and I just assumed it was a standard one, and after you said that I am not going to mention what I have just in case

I'm sure he bought the legal version at the time. He'll have to install something like this if he wants to remain compliant. For now.

This is the dumbest part of many of the "assault weapons" bans. :thumbsup:

This is the dumbest part of many of the "assault weapons" bans. :thumbsup:

Agreed. The words "common sense" or "sensible" certainly don't spring to mind. :D