Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

So I went to my first pot dispensary

You are such an Obama and Trump apologist

That's the beauty of being registered "no party preference". I get to hate and love both parties at the same time. I can even throw shade at Sho/Wiff and FF/RHR in the same thread, if I feel so inclined. Although, I've learned avoiding the threads all together is the best way to have a productive day, and internet friends from both sides of the political spectrum. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

That looks very interesting,tell me more

getting 2 acres, and building a 166,000 sqft facility right now

what is awesome about this place is well everything

for example

right now we pay around 27 cents kwh for electricity, in this park its 6 cents

the entire park is set up on a reverse osmosis system, which is insane

security is around the clock armed guards led by former seal team 6 dudes, and included as part of the HOA (we pay about 18k a month for our small facility in security right now) HOA fees are 6 k a month

there is going to be the first co-op dispensary, each company inside the walls will have a spot to sell their goods

can do cultivation, manufacturing and distribution all in one location

its seriously the best design I have ever seen, and could be the first place to have a net zero capabilities for growing

• Like 1

getting 2 acres, and building a 166,000 sqft facility right now

what is awesome about this place is well everything

for example

right now we pay around 27 cents kwh for electricity, in this park its 6 cents

the entire park is set up on a reverse osmosis system, which is insane

security is around the clock armed guards led by former seal team 6 dudes, and included as part of the HOA (we pay about 18k a month for our small facility in security right now) HOA fees are 6 k a month

there is going to be the first co-op dispensary, each company inside the walls will have a spot to sell their goods

can do cultivation, manufacturing and distribution all in one location

its seriously the best design I have ever seen, and could be the first place to have a net zero capabilities for growing

Nice,good luck :thumbsup:

So how does it work in Cali? I will be there sometime next year, and I really want to hit up a dispensary. Can you just roll up, or do you have to have a card or something?

So how does it work in Cali? I will be there sometime next year, and I really want to hit up a dispensary. Can you just roll up, or do you have to have a card or something?

Yoy just bring a valid ID. If you also have a medical license, you dont have to pay the approximately 15% tax. Thats the only difference between recreational and medical here.

Yoy just bring a valid ID. If you also have a medical license, you dont have to pay the approximately 15% tax. Thats the only difference between recreational and medical here.

So they're basically incentivizing people to concoct a medical rationale for their use? If legit, fine, but I'd prefer they just sell it for people to do as they please, with prescription stuff obtained through different avenues.

So they're basically incentivizing people to concoct a medical rationale for their use? If legit, fine, but I'd prefer they just sell it for people to do as they please, with prescription stuff obtained through different avenues.

Yah, I dunno man. The feds could always remove it from the schedule, and everyone would reap the financial and medical rewards, without needing some silly doctor note.

• Like 1

As i stated in my OP the recreational line was far more busy than the medicinal.

Yah, I dunno man. The feds could always remove it from the schedule, and everyone would reap the financial and medical rewards, without needing some silly doctor note.

I have no problem with that, as I think MJs abuse potential is pretty low.

As i stated in my OP the recreational line was far more busy than the medicinal.

That's good, but I wonder if everyone has caught on that a doctor's rx garners a 15% discount?

That's good, but I wonder if everyone has caught on that a doctor's rx garners a 15% discount?

I see your point,we were just visiting Vegas and wanted an edible so the 15% was no big deal.

It also gets you added to a database, and we all know how much the fed cares about our constitutionally protected privacy rights (they dont).

I guess it also matters how much you do. I smoke very infrequently, and spend maybe 200$ a year on herb. One of the little pens filled with the concentrate every couple months. Paying a doctor 100$ for a rec to save 30$ would be dumb.

It also gets you added to a database, and we all know how much the fed cares about our constitutionally protected privacy rights (they dont).

I guess it also matters how much you do. I smoke very infrequently, and spend maybe 200$ a year on herb. One of the little pens filled with the concentrate every couple months. Paying a doctor 100$ for a rec to save 30$ would be dumb.

Basically if 15% of your purchases exceeds your co-pay, you might try it. Especially if you already have to see the doctor. ED drugs are famous for "oh by the way" requests at the end of clinic visits, and I wouldn't be surprised if medicinal MJ follows suit.

Good point about the database though. As an aside, the medical MJ license is separate from the DEA, and a lot of doctors avoid getting it to avoid being inundated with recreational users. Kinda sucks for those with a legitimate reason to use the drug.

Yep,when we got our packet of edibles my name and info was on a stamp attached to the envelope.Looked just like a prescription tag.

Making edibles is easy.

Boil down bulk buds in high proof liquor ( everclear?) to extract THC

Strain the reduction to remove bulk pulp.

Use this reduction to make gummys or brownies. Candy molds and mixes are available online.

Explained to me by gummy maker.

Making edibles is easy.

Boil down bulk buds in high proof liquor ( everclear?) to extract THC

Strain the reduction to remove bulk pulp.

Use this reduction to make gummys or brownies. Candy molds and mixes are available online.

Explained to me by gummy maker.

ask the gummy maker if he homogenizes. If he doesn't then hes amateur

if you have ever had an edible and that first bite you feel nothing then another bite absolutely destroys you, its cause the product is not homogenized

also doing it with bud is a major waste

can get same extraction levels off trim

Yep,when we got our packet of edibles my name and info was on a stamp attached to the envelope.Looked just like a prescription tag.

And that's just a little database at the specific dispensary. Your data is fine, unless they sold it to someone else, or the feds raided that specific locations.

When you get a medical MJ license, you're added to a giant database that covers the entire state. It is supposed to be protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), but since the fed doesn't recognize MMJ, the security and privacy of that data has always been an unknown.

Just roll up.

I now work part time doing campus security at one of our countries elite snowflake factories. I never used to care about pot. I lived below a guy for 15 years who blazed up everyday. He asked me if I cared and I said no, just not if he saw I had company. Now being in these dorms, I see the amount of weed being smoked and it sickens me. Every dorm, every floor, every night. If these young people don't think abusing pot has any affect I have a few people I went to HS with they shouid meet. They were burn outs then and their even more burnt out now. The easy access to pot will have an affect on all of us down the road. Book it.

I now work part time doing campus security at one of our countries elite snowflake factories. I never used to care about pot. I lived below a guy for 15 years who blazed up everyday. He asked me if I cared and I said no, just not if he saw I had company. Now being in these dorms, I see the amount of weed being smoked and it sickens me. Every dorm, every floor, every night. If these young people don't think abusing pot has any affect I have a few people I went to HS with they shouid meet. They were burn outs then and their even more burnt out now. The easy access to pot will have an affect on all of us down the road. Book it.

Darwins theory

The strong and level headed will rise to the top

Its been pretty easy to get, etither illegally or via fake medical for quite awhile now.

I know several burn outs, but I also know some highly successful daily weed smokers. I dont know how they function on that sh!t, but they do.

Maybe being a burnout requires a general lack of drive and motivation to begin with?

Its been pretty easy to get, etither illegally or via fake medical for quite awhile now.

I know several burn outs, but I also know some highly successful daily weed smokers. I dont know how they function on that sh!t, but they do.

Maybe being a burnout requires a general lack of drive and motivation to begin with?

I was about to reply pretty much the same thing,having been in advertising sales most of my life I cannot begin to tell you how many successful business people I've met who smoke on a regular basis.

Like any alcohol/drug, I don't think it's good for a high school/college aged kid. When used in moderation by an adult, it's fine (just like alcohol). Needing to take any sort of mind altering chemical to get through your day to day life is bad, period.

Like any alcohol/drug, I don't think it's good for a high school/college aged kid. When used in moderation by an adult, it's fine (just like alcohol). Needing to take any sort of mind altering chemical to get through your day to day life is bad, period.

I agree. But some people who used alcohol didn't like it or just weren't susceptible to being alcoholics. Now that weed is mainstreamed and accepted, we will have more people addicted to it. That will become their substance of choice. Bottom line, more people addicted to getting high to go along with the alcoholics that exist. I'm not saying to ban it. Not at all. I'm just saying there will be an affect to society.

I agree. But some people who used alcohol didn't like it or just weren't susceptible to being alcoholics. Now that weed is mainstreamed and accepted, we will have more people addicted to it. That will become their substance of choice. Bottom line, more people addicted to getting high to go along with the alcoholics that exist. I'm not saying to ban it. Not at all. I'm just saying there will be an affect to society.

Having been a tobacco and weed smoker most of my life I personally have no addiction to pot as I can go weeks without it but take a flight to Vegas like I did last week and I'm craving a cigarette by flights end.Not saying this to be argumentative I just don't see pot as addicting as being a smoker of both it and tobacco.

Having been a tobacco and weed smoker most of my life I personally have no addiction to pot as I can go weeks without it but take a flight to Vegas like I did last week and I'm craving a cigarette by flights end.Not saying this to be argumentative I just don't see pot as addicting as being a smoker of both it and tobacco.

For you, but others that might not have otherwise will become addicted. I drank all the time for 25 years and would never have said I was addicted. Not even close. Doesn't mean that I didn't know any alcoholics.

A lot of heavy users show symptoms of withdrawal from MJ though. Irritability, hard time sleeping, lack of appetite etc.

It's definitely no where close to as additive or dangerous as alcohol though. Nobody dies from MJ withdrawal. That's like comparing hand grenades to nukes.

A lot of heavy users show symptoms of withdrawal from MJ though. Irritability, hard time sleeping, lack of appetite etc.

It's definitely no where close to as additive or dangerous as alcohol though. Nobody dies from MJ withdrawal. That's like comparing hand grenades to nukes.

I'd say not as dangerous, except the lung cancer, but can be addictive. We will find out in a few years the extent of it I guess.

I'd say not as dangerous, except the lung cancer, but can be addictive. We will find out in a few years the extent of it I guess.

Now that I've tried both I much prefer the edibles,if I could get those all the time I could give up the smoking with no problem.

Now that I've tried both I much prefer the edibles,if I could get those all the time I could give up the smoking with no problem.

Makes sense. Has to be healthier. And you don't smell like crap.

Makes sense. Has to be healthier. And you don't smell like skunk

fixored :thumbsup:

Weed is not addictive. Addiction means your body goes through withdrawal if you dont have it. Theres nothing about weed that does that. This is not new info, surprised it has to be said.

I see some replys in this thread acting like weed is the hot new drug on the streets and we dont know the effects of it. Really strange, kind of twilight zoneish.

Weed is not addictive. Addiction means your body goes through withdrawal if you dont have it. Theres nothing about weed that does that. This is not new info, surprised it has to be said.

I see some replys in this thread acting like weed is the hot new drug on the streets and we dont know the effects of it. Really strange, kind of twilight zoneish.

Well, that's not true. But points for saying it so matter of fact like.

Well, that's not true. But points for saying it so matter of fact like.

Its very rare and in peoples heads if they are addicted to weed. Its not in same ballpark as nicotine, cocaine, heroine etc. Its just not a thing people call addictive unless they are like that dad from footloose who things dancing is the devil.

Anyone here who smokes will laugh at the notion that its addictive.

• Like 1

Its very rare and in peoples heads if they are addicted to weed. Its not in same ballpark as nicotine, cocaine, heroine etc. Its just not a thing people call addictive unless they are like that dad from footloose who things dancing is the devil.

Anyone here who smokes will laugh at the notion that its addictive.

It's addictive for some people, just like alcohol. And Facebook. It's not evil. Nice try.

It's addictive for some people, just like alcohol. And Facebook. It's not evil. Nice try.

Fine, thats true. I need to broaden my definition of addiction as it can take more forms than just the heroin type one which might be more like dependency.

I go to Denver all the time. I would go to a dispensary, but fear of being added to a database and of course the common random drug testing at my company are both strong deterrents.

Maybe one day.

If you can be addicted to sex and gambling you can be addicted to anything else. That being said I do love the occasional joint.

I used to be a daily smoker. As in, if I wasnt at work, I was high. That wasnt good. I was using it to numb me out to my problems and get through the day. No different to how many people use alcohol.

Even in China, I smoked a lot my first two years. Have hardly at all though this year. I do miss having it occasionally. Dont have any desire to do it all the time again though.

Scored some when I was in Laos on vacation. Was nice to just chill with a nice little high.

But there is no physical addiction to it whatsoever.

I used to be a daily smoker. As in, if I wasnt at work, I was high. That wasnt good. I was using it to numb me out to my problems and get through the day. No different to how many people use alcohol.

Even in China, I smoked a lot my first two years. Have hardly at all though this year. I do miss having it occasionally. Dont have any desire to do it all the time again though.

Scored some when I was in Laos on vacation. Was nice to just chill with a nice little high.

But there is no physical addiction to it whatsoever.

For you. I drank 5 days a week in my 20's. Wasn't physically addicted either. Others are. Obviously some people are addicted to Pot. Who would ever throw millions of dollars away to smoke pot? Pro athletes do it all the time. Tell me they aren't addicted. And I'm not talking them having a bad night and having an unlucky test date. They know the test is coming and still fail.