Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - TE Mike Gesicki, Dolphins

Gotta think if he gets 100 targets, he's catching 80 of them.

All my research on the kid says his, wingspan/catch radius, and his hands a great. I believe Engrams hands was his flaw coming out of college.

I think like Phinfan said. Maybe starts alittle slow, then as the season roles on. Just becomes a ppr freight train down the stretch.

It normally takes a couple years for TEs to pick up all their blocking and receiving responsibilities. It's normally a complex position. But, since it's fairly well known this guy is more a pass catcher and not much of a blocker I wonder if Miami just uses him as such. Hopefully their oline is better than where they are being ranked right now.

Gesicki's measurables are off the chart, all in the upper percentiles. Amazing catch radius and he's really worked on his hands after some early struggles at Penn State. His blocking leaves a lot to be desired but he just doesn't drop passes (like Evan Engram last year).. He's an immediate red zone threat at the very least. I'm not sure what his snap count will be due to being a rookie and the fact he can't block (like Evan Engram last year) but if he gets Engram usage and targets (Landry is gone and Miami lacks firepower) then he becomes a weekly TE starter due to TD potential alone. Jimmy Graham is being considered by most as a top 6 TE merely for his TD potential with Rodgers in the redzone. I'd much rather have Gesicki at his current ADP. However, if he shines in the preseason his ADP will skyrocket. I don't usually like to roster two TE's unless there's a late round dart throw a la Julius Thomas and Travis Kelce from years prior. Gesicki is worth a late round pick, hopefully his hype train stays in the station a little while longer.

Gesicki's measurables are off the chart, all in the upper percentiles. Amazing catch radius and he's really worked on his hands after some early struggles at Penn State. His blocking leaves a lot to be desired but he just doesn't drop passes (like Evan Engram last year).

Yeah, Engram needed 115 targets to get 64 catches. I have much higher hopes for Gesicki.

Because if this post I'll be drafting gesicki in one of the last rounds of the draft as my 2nd TE. I've never drafted a TE early in any draft ever to begin with.

My 1st TE will be Njoke. 60 catches should be very reasonable considering he caught 32 and played in every game last year as a rookie. Now give him two accurate QBs in his 2nd year he should be able to double his catches and tds despite the increased target competition. I don't trust that Gordon or Callaway can finish the season there.

Either way I'll be counting on one of njoke or gisecki to bust out.

Tyrod isnt accurate.

Also Gesecki must have turned it around quick. All the talk during mini camp was that he looked totally lost out there.

• Like 1

Sorry, I should've been more specific. Tyrod is a more accurate passer than both Kessler and Keizer in terms of completion percentage based on last years stats.

In addition, Baker is probably the most accurate out of all three, and we expect him to be starting sooner rather than later.

For the reason mentioned above , along with the fact that Njoke is going into his 2nd year, I expect an increase in both targets and completions.

Sorry, I should've been more specific. Tyrod is a more accurate passer than both Kessler and Keizer in terms of completion percentage based on last years stats.

In addition, Baker is probably the most accurate out of all three, and we expect him to be starting sooner rather than later.

For the reason mentioned above , along with the fact that Njoke is going into his 2nd year, I expect an increase in both targets and completions.

Yeah they will go up for sure. Not sure I would think about 1TE no matter how late you get him. DeValve is pretty good for them. They switched in and out a lot Jarvis and check downs to RBs should eat up a ton of short targets. Not sure if the Browns will be winging it around a ton this year. Tyrod isn't a volume passer and not sure they thrust Baker in and make him wing it 40 times a game.

So much for hype train in 1st preseason game. Only going off of lack of any stats as I did not see game. Was he out there and just not targeted?

So much for hype train in 1st preseason game. Only going off of lack of any stats as I did not see game. Was he out there and just not targeted?

He looked good on the routes I saw him run, He ran a route into the endzone and was overthrown. He ran a great route and almost one handed it. They threw another one to him but it was a bad pass.

He looked good on the routes I saw him run, He ran a route into the endzone and was overthrown. He ran a great route and almost one handed it. They threw another one to him but it was a bad pass.

thanks for the info

Yeah they will go up for sure. Not sure I would think about 1TE no matter how late you get him. DeValve is pretty good for them. They switched in and out a lot Jarvis and check downs to RBs should eat up a ton of short targets. Not sure if the Browns will be winging it around a ton this year. Tyrod isn't a volume passer and not sure they thrust Baker in and make him wing it 40 times a game.

DeValve is not in the same league as Njoke.

I like what I saw in the first preseason game. Both qbs seemed more accurate than last years browns and it was nice seeing both hit Njoke with a TD. I will continue to draft this guy late and load up on rbs early.

DeValve is not in the same league as Njoke.

I like what I saw in the first preseason game. Both qbs seemed more accurate than last years browns and it was nice seeing both hit Njoke with a TD. I will continue to draft this guy late and load up on rbs early.

Didnt say hr was in Njokes league

Didnt say tyrod wasnt a better QB than the grabage thr Browns trotted out last year...

But ive watched Tyrod for the last 3 years. He is a WR/TE killer.

So where was Gesicki against CAR? He must be trying to keep a super low profile so that his ADP doesn't start to rise.

So a lot of hype around him has died down as he has had a very quiet preseason through two games. But practice reports are still glowing with news he's working after practice with Tanny in the redzone and Kenny Stills saying he catches the ball like Jimmy Graham. The Miami D is also apparently raving about him. So why has he not flashed in the preseason yet? Are they keeping him underwraps for the regular season? Are they purposely keeping him in to block to work on that during the preseason? Is he still the best late dart throw at TE over guys like Austin Hooper, Ben Watson and Ricky Seals Jones? I still want to believe.

I'll take Austin Hooper over him, but think he is right along with RSJ and better than Watson in my ranking. Dart throw is a good descriptor for it.

So a lot of hype around him has died down as he has had a very quiet preseason through two games. But practice reports are still glowing with news he's working after practice with Tanny in the redzone and Kenny Stills saying he catches the ball like Jimmy Graham. The Miami D is also apparently raving about him. So why has he not flashed in the preseason yet? Are they keeping him underwraps for the regular season? Are they purposely keeping him in to block to work on that during the preseason? Is he still the best late dart throw at TE over guys like Austin Hooper, Ben Watson and Ricky Seals Jones? I still want to believe.

No reason for Miami to unleash its super-secret weapon on the league until it has to, right? :first:

• Like 1

Disappointing season to say the least. Any Miami fans or guys who have seen Dolphin games this year like to weigh in on this cat?

Is he even on the field? Any sort of arrow pointing upwords.