MDC

Recommend a beer

The beer I always keep in my fridge, and is available in a lot of states, is Psuedo Sue by Toppling Goliath.  It's a pale ale made in NE Iowa.

10 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

bro you're in Philly, lots of local brewers that make better stuff, Tired Hands, 2SP, Conshohoken, etc

Yards and PBC. :cheers: 

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Brewery X- huckleberry cider

Stem- salted cucumber 

a couple very low carb choices that taste amazing 

Beer?

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

bro you're in Philly, lots of local brewers that make better stuff, Tired Hands, 2SP, Conshohoken, etc

I lived in Manayunk for a brief time when I was  stationed at Willow Grove Joint Base. It seemed like there was a Brewery on every corner, Conshohoken as well. Good times 

I got a case of carton a few weeks back, which included a triple IPA Collab with other half, NJ cream IPA with coffee.  It got hard.

15 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

"Juicy" is the current trend with everybody gunning for Voodoo Ranger. 

Juicy was the trend 5 years ago and voodoo ranger was a late comer and not particularly good at it.

38 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

"Juicy" is the current trend with everybody gunning for Voodoo Ranger. 

Voodoo Ranger made a beer called American Haze that was awesome. Discontinued it a few years ago and I don’t like anything else they make. :( 

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

Juicy was the trend 5 years ago and voodoo ranger was a late comer and not particularly good at it.

You're wrong. 

"Voodoo Ranger Juice Force imperial hazy IPA, which launched in early 2022, became the largest craft innovation of all time, with nearly $73.3 million in off-premise sales year-to-date through January 1, 2023"

Link

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Voodoo Ranger made a beer called American Haze that was awesome. Discontinued it a few years ago and I don’t like anything else they make. :( 

New Belgium currently dominates the 19.2 category nationally with their  Voodoo Ranger line. 

SN' "Juicy Lil Thing", Firestone Walker's "Cosmic Crusher" & "Brain Melter" and Elysian's "Juice Dust" (among a ton of others) are all competing for a piece of VR's market share. 

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

New Belgium currently dominates the 19.2 category nationally with their  Voodoo Ranger line. 

SN' "Juicy Lil Thing", Firestone Walker's "Cosmic Crusher" & "Brain Melter" and Elysian's "Juice Dust" (among a ton of others) are all competing for a piece of VR's market share. 

They’re not my favorite so far as hazy pale ales or IPAs. Ton of options in that market.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

They’re not my favorite so far as hazy pale ales or IPAs. Ton of options in that market.

Practically limitless. 

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Practically limitless. 

Yep. So much so that I almost always buy a local.

It's only available in the Northeast, but Second Fiddle, a double IPA from Fiddlehead Brewing, is great. 

In my local store I'll see 4-packs of 16oz Second Fiddle cans for typical craft beer price of $16. Then occasionally, right next to that will be 12-packs of 12oz cans for $18, same price as Sam Adams or Corona. Gee, let me think...64oz for 16 bucks, or 144oz for 2 bucks more....;)

Just now, MDC said:

Yep. So much so that I almost always buy a local.

:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

It's only available in the Northeast, but Second Fiddle, a double IPA from Fiddlehead Brewing, is great. 

In my local store I'll see 4-packs of 16oz Second Fiddle cans for typical craft beer price of $16. Then occasionally, right next to that will be 12-packs of 12oz cans for $18, same price as Sam Adams or Corona. Gee, let me think...64oz for 16 bucks, or 144oz for 2 bucks more....;)

Gunner's Daughter Milk Stout by Mast Landing  Brewing. Great Peanut butter, coffee & chocolate notes. Very drinkable without filling you up.

A really good NE Style IPA in Michigan is M-43 by Old Nation.  But lately, they have been charging stupid amounts for it.  $16.99 for a 4 pack.  I like it, but not that much.

My all time favorite is the Goose Island Bourbon County stout.  I buy 6-8 every year when it releases and keep them in my basement and pull one out now and again

Tonewood makes the best IPAs in NJ philly area. end o story

Do you guys even have boulevard beers available in your area?

Sam Adams Cold Snap