Sign in to follow this  
scottsind

Royce Freeman

Standard / 12 man / 2 keeper league / pick 2 / Linear Draft

Was just announced atop the depth chart. I really want this dude in my 12 man draft coming up. Does this warrant a top of the 3rd round pick? Over the likes of Mixon and Michael Thomas? Call me crazy, but I think he is going to be something special.

Was just announced atop the depth chart. I really want this dude in my 12 man draft coming up. Does this warrant a top of the 3rd round pick? Over the likes of Mixon and Michael Thomas? Call me crazy, but I think he is going to be something special.

PPR? How is Thomas going to last that long in a 12 teamer? Freeman is worthy of that depending on how your team looks and who's there still. While I like Mixon a little more, it's really a crap shoot as to who does better at this point.

If i am picking 2nd

DJ

Hill

Freeman? It's not a bad start at all. I like Mixon, Freeman, Drake in that spot in that order per 12 team ppr adp. If you're fooled into taking Holton or Cooper there then you are a lost soul

Ive never seen Michael Thomas fall to the 3rd. Not once.

2 keeper league. 24 players out of the pool right away. My keepers are AB and Mike Evans. At the 2nd pick I have the top options of Michael Thomas, Mixon, or Davanta Adams at the 2 spot. Royce Freeman I was hoping to get in the 2nd round (4th round bc of the keepers) but am fearful now with the announcement of being atop the depth chart. In a perfect world I would take Mixon and the Freeman.

Since it says Standard scoring in your opener, you have to like the fact that Freeman has already been getting himself well-acquainted with the end zone....a TD in each of his preseason games. While CIN's usage of Mixon in the preseason hints at some pass catching upside, that's not going to carry over as well in Standard and I wouldn't characterize his YPC outlook as 'shining'.

• Like 1

Nice Catch Scotts! This news couldn't have come out Thursday after my wed night draft now freeman will come with zero discount😡

Nice Catch Scotts! This news couldn't have come out Thursday after my wed night draft now freeman will come with zero discount

I was drafting Hill, Freeman, and Goodwin all a little ahead of their adp in mocks during preseason. There were quite a few people who were telling me I was drafting them way too early. Now look at where they are going.

Good news about Freeman.

Finished my 6th (and last) draft last night. Own him in 6 leagues. Hoping he can be this years Hunt.

drafted freeman 26th overall last sunday in a 12 team high stakes ppr league

i knew if i didnt grab him there he wouldnt be there for my pick at 47.....,,,im glad we get this news....even though i always thought their depth chart was just a formality...it at least eases some concerns for freeman owners

now its up to the kid to get out there and get it done

drafted freeman 26th overall last sunday in a 12 team high stakes ppr league

i knew if i didnt grab him there he wouldnt be there for my pick at 47.....,,,im glad we get this news....even though i always thought their depth chart was just a formality...it at least eases some concerns for freeman owners

now its up to the kid to get out there and get it done

26 is where I would be picking him in my Standard League. May I ask wher Mixon went? Thanks.

Yes.

I didn't see the standard before. Yes definitely him over Thomas in non ppr

Special though, that is taking it a bit far. The guy looked good and has good measurables. He did not look special though and I don't think he is a special talent. A very good talent that could put him in the top 10? Absolutely. I see a Jordan Howard like rookie season from him. Just quietly racking up yards and Tds without anything flashy. People are very ho hum about Howard compared to his production. I expect something similar from Freeman.

On a bit of a side note, I saw a blurb about Freeman taking the starting role for week 1. It was followed by something about Freeman having an injury history... the guy missed 1 game in college and his health is a big reason why I wanted him so badly in dynasty.

• Like 1

26 is where I would be picking him in my Standard League. May I ask wher Mixon went? Thanks.

23...by me! i went gurley, mixon and freeman with my first 3 picks

23...by me! i went gurley, mixon and freeman with my first 3 picks

By that order you favor Mixon over Freeman?

By that order you favor Mixon over Freeman?

wouldnt really say i favor him .....but it is ppr and mixon is a pretty good receiver and has some experience in the passing game.......and i also kind of figured i had a better chance getting freeman at 26 then picking freeman at 23 and getting mixon at 26...basically i figured i might not see mixon if i took freeman first....but i pretty much figured freeman would def be there at 26 if i took mixon first

wouldnt really say i favor him .....but it is ppr and mixon is a pretty good receiver and has some experience in the passing game.......and i also kind of figured i had a better chance getting freeman at 26 then picking freeman at 23 and getting mixon at 26...basically i figured i might not see mixon if i took freeman first....but i pretty much figured freeman would def be there at 26 if i took mixon first

Understandable.

Mixon went 18 in my league and Freeman by me at 32

Thanks! With the updated news I think people will be more aggressive in my Wednesday night draft trying to get him. Thinking Of waiting on Freeman and if he is there at 38 I snag him. Unlikely, but dont want to reach and lose value on someone else like Mixon. I see Mixon as a 3 down back with Bernard doing his thing as a serviceable back up while giving him a breather.

I just drafted him in the 7th rd in a 10 team over guys like Miller, lynch, burkehead, Ingram. Not advised? Idk but I liked his upside more and then this news came out so he'll be my 3rd rb behind kamara and Howard. It's. 1pt ppr so WRs go like crazy which is why these guys lasted so long if u were wondering.

• Like 1

My guy, you are in a similar position I was in last week. I am in a 2 keeper ppr league with 14 teams and my draft position was # 3. Seaform1 suggested that I trade my pick to get who I wanted. At number 3, Tom Brady, DeAndre Hopkins, Alvin Kamara and Joe Mixon could be there but I wanted Freeman and this was before the depth chart news. I moved back to 6 and drafted Freeman but I was able to get an extra 3rd round for my 4th. I drafted the player I wanted and got 2 players in the 3rd that were high on my board. Otherwise, I would have not been able to do that.

I believe Freeman will be this year's Kareem Hunt. I don't trust Joe Mixon because of his character and Marvin Lewis is the worst at holding players accountable. Plus, some of Freeman's combine numbers were better than Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt and Saquan Barkley. If you feel as passionate about him as I do, go with your gut.

• Like 1

Great advice from you through Seafoam. I just posted a message on my leagues message board. See if anyone bites. Michael Thomas, Adams, Mixon, Rodgers is there for the taking as Barkley will go 1 no doubt. Thanks!

Wasnt long ago I was questioning wether to take him in rnd 2. Granted that was a reach but hes creeping up there now and just did a draft where he went rnd 2. I also feel he could be this seasons Hunt. Yet both here and reddit all I got was know-it-alls naysaying. Im fine with my drafts, I passed him rnd 3 because I wanted a WR and he went 1 pick prior in rnd 4. But my point is go with your gut and a reach here and there isnt terrible as long as its a guy with a reasonable path towards earning that draft status and you arent sure hes making it back to you.

I got him in all 3 of my leagues (all 10 team).Round 4 once and round 5 twice. All 1-2 days before news came out.....very pumped right now! I think DEN will be run heavy this year. He just needs to hold onto the ball, and I see top 10-15 RB.

I have a hard time envisioning a true bell cow for Marvin Lewis. If the winds are blowing in Freeman's favour I'd be moving him up any draft list I had pretty fast.

Am i wromg of considering trading Collins for him? I know he's a rookie and its a gamble but the reward might be kareem huntlike.

Have them ranked right around the same.

Tough call.

I think I would keep Collins.

Just like him a little bit more.

Last year everyone stole rushing tds from Collins on the Ravens.

Even with on,y six total tds Collins was a mid rb2 in ff last season.

I think he will get more opportunities in the redzone this season.

If Flacco goes down and Jackson takes over he will steal some, but thy might want to hold back a little based on not losing him also.

Ff its a great game.

Seems like Oline players where getting the call over Collins.

There is no question Freeman looks to have the edge, and Im not totally sold on my pick of Collins either.

I do have them ranked right next to each other, with of course Freeman catching up with him now being the broncos listed rb1.

I think its a very good question and debate.

But im going to give a slight edge to Collins.

Very slight.