Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

BBC radio host fired over racist royal baby tweet

CNN - On Wednesday, the BBC Radio 5 Live presenter tweeted a black and white photo of a man and woman holding hands with a chimpanzee in a suit and a top hat, with the caption, "Royal baby leaves hospital."

Amid widespread accusations of racism, Baker deleted the tweet and said he was sorry the "gag" had "whipped some up." He claimed the connotations had not occurred to him because his "mind (is) not diseased."

Clearly, you want to get fired when you do that right?   :lol:

I read stories like that and think, that was stupid and this guy should get fired.   Then I read stories like this one:   https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-fan-racist-gesture-tv-doug-glanville/   and think...... Do what?  Huh?

99.9999999% of Americans that is the "okay" symbol.  OR possibly that kid game you play where they make you look then you get punched in the arm.  OR maybe in basketball when you hit a three pointer.

When in the Sam Hill did the okay symbol become racist?  :doh:

Doesn't really make sense, because, I mean...the mom would be...y'know...moreso...than...

Just now, Mookz said:

Doesn't really make sense, because, I mean...the mom would be...y'know...moreso...than...

I'm thinking the same.  I don't understand the direction the guy was trying to go and I honestly don't think he was trying to be racist, just funny.  He failed miserably unfortunately.  

29 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I read stories like that and think, that was stupid and this guy should get fired.   Then I read stories like this one:   https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-fan-racist-gesture-tv-doug-glanville/   and think...... Do what?  Huh?

99.9999999% of Americans that is the "okay" symbol.  OR possibly that kid game you play where they make you look then you get punched in the arm.  OR maybe in basketball when you hit a three pointer.

I don't know...all I think of when I see it is the punch game and the Malcolm in the Middle episode about it.

Yeah, there's no way this guy can play the victim here. That was full-on stupid.

Having said that, I can only imagine the amount of racist s*** that has been uttered with respect to Megan.

The UK makes the Klan look like a southern Baptist church choir in that regard. + esp when you F with the Royals.

Notorious white nationalists include Rodney Dangerfield, Mary Lou Retton, and Yasser Arafat.

https://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/styles/lg/public/2010/10/28/1337256000000.cached_5.jpg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, wiffleball said:

The UK makes the Klan look like a southern Baptist church choir in that regard. + esp when you F with the Royals.

Racial/ethnic humor is my favorite kind.  Love a good Irish joke. But this is just stupid and basic. He gets what he deserves. 

The problem is that Madonna can say someone should kill Trump and nothing happens.  Or Maxine Waters calls for physical confrontations of republicans everywhere and nothing happens and she is still in congress.  When you pair those sorts of events with someone getting fired over this and it creates nazis.  And all of the counterclaims that this analysis is whataboutism won't stop these events from creating nazis, either.  I'm certain nazis will use all of this as a recruiting tool.

Nazis are very smart.  the whole thing with clowns, ok symbols, or posting signs that say "its ok to be white" are well-crafted to generating a forceful negative response from the left and thus plant the seed that society is racist against whites.

19 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

:lol: it started as a gag I believe..either reddit or some other similar type site..some guy intentionally started the fake "ok" symbol is racist just to see if the racism cryers of the left would buy it and run with it....sure enough they did. 

:lol:

• Thanks 1

You have to know the grievance hierarchy pyramid to know who you can racially target safely.....this is simple stuff people.  Racism is perfectly fine, depending on the makeup of the people involved....