Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Draft Commentary- Second Half of Draft**

Recommended Posts

Well......I had 2 RBs I was considering here, but went with Freeman from Denver. Not sure how soon Lindsay will return and if he does, how healthy he will be. If Freeman gets a shot, he could be RB2 material. But as my RB4, he will get some points in a Best Ball league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB's pretty deep this year, but I don't want to get caught on the wrong end of a run. Happy to have Wilson starting for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vikings4ever said:

QB's pretty deep this year, but I don't want to get caught on the wrong end of a run. Happy to have Wilson starting for me.

Glad you took him; I’m trying to avoid him this year, but would have been forced to take him at 9.08 if still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he has the upside some other guys do, but I think he's a pretty safe bet to end up as a QB1, and his running ability pads his fantasy stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeman got a look too.  He will cut in on Lindsay this year.  They have 5 preseason games with the HOF game.  I see Lindsay as the guy but I also see much more of a shared work load.  I just don't see that QB situation being conducive to much offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Freeman got a look too.  He will cut in on Lindsay this year.  They have 5 preseason games with the HOF game.  I see Lindsay as the guy but I also see much more of a shared work load.  I just don't see that QB situation being conducive to much offense.

Two areas of the offense will benefit from the QB situation, #1 the TE and then #2 the RB.....but the WR is a 100% avoid at all costs....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Two areas of the offense will benefit from the QB situation, #1 the TE and then #2 the RB.....but the WR is a 100% avoid at all costs....

Maybe te, but you need a passing game to take pressure off of the run especially with the leagues third most immobile qb.  This offense will be bottom third.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Maybe te, but you need a passing game to take pressure off of the run especially with the leagues third most immobile qb.  This offense will be bottom third.

 

I think if you watch how the Raven's offense operated you will see that the running game was leveraged heavily to try to open up things for Flacco, without it, there is no hope for him....they have to run...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reading more team reports I think you are right on heavy dose of running to try to set up the pass.  They could be among the rushing attempt leaders if they can sustain drives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, remote controller said:

reading more team reports I think you are right on heavy dose of running to try to set up the pass.  They could be among the rushing attempt leaders if they can sustain drives. 

The rub being, you almost have to use RBBC in order to avoid running your backs into the ground, eventually the team will end up with one, but can that guy stay healthy? It a massive conundrum when dealing with Flacco....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a popular pick anymore but 700+ yards and 5 tds I think last year in a horrid offense.... the offense should be more explosive this year. He feels like a safe WR 4 in round 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Goff looked putrid in the Super Bowl, but Cooks, Kupp, and Woods are all top-20 WRs, fantasy-wise. It’s a passing offense and Goff should produce about what he did last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Not a popular pick anymore but 700+ yards and 5 tds I think last year in a horrid offense.... the offense should be more explosive this year. He feels like a safe WR 4 in round 9.

I bet he sniffs 100 catches in this timing offense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted Njoku, was mildly disappointed he did not make to me at 9.09, McDonald should be serviceable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike, you are a complete, total *YU(&$O%!

ICEMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never hated a fantasy football website administrator this much in my entire life. 🤬

ICEMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t remember if we still stick with the deadline to make a selection on the weekend? If so, how much time does RLLD have then? Just askin’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, robb said:

I can’t remember if we still stick with the deadline to make a selection on the weekend? If so, how much time does RLLD have then? Just askin’

I don't think we do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, the weekend is come-as-may.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reminders guys!! Good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents, we need to get popping on this.  I have another friggin excursion over to Europe hit me, some urgent crap in Greece, so my access will be spotty over the next three days in particular, but should open up by Friday, might be on this one for a while....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Gents, we need to get popping on this.  I have another friggin excursion over to Europe hit me, some urgent crap in Greece, so my access will be spotty over the next three days in particular, but should open up by Friday, might be on this one for a while....

Can we make some of your picks for you when you are out of service? You can always send me your lists and/or strategy and I’ll make your selections. Just trying to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, robb said:

Can we make some of your picks for you when you are out of service? You can always send me your lists and/or strategy and I’ll make your selections. Just trying to help.

Yes, I am presently putting together my plan of action to provide to a few people, will make sure everything is set before I fly out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
  Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
WR 3 25.00% 6 50.00% 4 33.33% 5 41.67%
RB 9 75.00% 3 25.00% 6 50.00% 7 58.33%
QB 0   0 0.00% 2 16.67% 0 0.00%
TE 0   3 25.00% 0 0.00% 0 0.00%
  Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8
WR 8 66.67% 4 33.33% 5 41.67% 5 41.67%
RB 1 8.33% 5 41.67% 3 25.00% 6 50.00%
QB 2 16.67% 1 8.33% 2 16.67% 1 8.33%
TE 1 8.33% 2 16.67% 2 16.67% 1 8.33%

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All mock resources are up to date...let's see if we can roll through a couple of rounds today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one typically doesn't. We can get into a good rhythm today if we all commit to it. It's been a fascinating draft thus far. Hopefully, I can provide more feedback to others as the week progresses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike...any lists from Matt's Eagles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, remote controller said:

It's sad when these drafts fall apart.  We lose all discussion and effort to keep it moving.

fall apart? didn't we start june 10th? you cant really count the weekend.... i'd say into round 10 on day 6 isn't too bad at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was kind of surprised to see Samuel still available so I felt I should take him.  I don't feel I've really done anything do out of the ordinary with my draft other than taking a TE so high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronald Jones showed nothing last year. Supposedly he's having a nice camp, but Barber's still holding the starting spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foreman was the other RB I was considering at 9.03 so I’ll also take my RB5 here and be pleased!

I am operating under the belief that he will take the job from Miller by week 5 and be the Texans full time starter. I am hearing his injury is almost healed and at the young age of 23 he will heal better. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, remote controller said:

It's sad when these drafts fall apart.  We lose all discussion and effort to keep it moving.

Part of the issue likely might be that the long gaps in action have people mentally check out, so it becomes a self-perpetuating thing.....dunno

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×