Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Was working on the garden this weekend and picked up some plant food---just add 3 squeezes to a gallon of water and you're set.   I didn't realize though how 'organic' this plant food was until I squirted it straight on my hand.   🤢   (I will make these damn geraniums thrive damn it!)

On this day in 1956 WISC TV channel 3 in Madison, WI (CBS) begins broadcasting.  Many, many years later this would be the first TV station where a young Mike Honcho would get his first paying job in the broadcast industry.   So now you know who to blame.  :D

Have a great week geeks. :cheers:

Played 36 holes this weekend. Walked 18 yesterday in 80 degrees, that was somewhat of a mistake. I am not built like Adonis like most geeks :(

Went swimming with friends sat and then saw the dead don't die... Very very funny. Murray and Driver were a great combo

Had baseball yesterday and went 2/4 but we got killed

Getting ready to hike Watkins Glen State Park with GF and daughter. Unfortunately, back to the grind tomorrow after a wonderful trip. 

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Getting ready to hike Watkins Glen State Park with GF and daughter. Unfortunately, back to the grind tomorrow after a wonderful trip. 

Can sizes? :mad:

46 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Went swimming with friends sat and then saw the dead don't die... Very very funny. Murray and Driver were a great combo

I heard TDDD was a bit of a letdown.

I watched Us the newish Jordan Peele movie on demand. First hour was awesome but it fell apart badly at the end.

Saw my folks for a BBQ on Saturday. They’re doing real well but showing their age. Dad was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s. He’s being treated - I hope he gets a good long run before it gets bad.

My goal is to just make it through this week.  Then 9 straight days at the lake.  It'll be my first whole week off in two years.  :wall:

57 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Saw that on the fire stick couple days after it came out. I enjoyed it. Wife didn’t.  

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

ISaw my folks for a BBQ on Saturday. They’re doing real well but showing their age. Dad was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s. He’s being treated - I hope he gets a good long run before it gets bad.

Wow.  Sorry to hear this.

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Wow.  Sorry to hear this.

Thanks. He supposedly has a version that’s less progressive so hopefully it won’t get worse. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Played 36 holes this weekend. Walked 18 yesterday in 80 degrees, that was somewhat of a mistake. I am not built like Adonis like most geeks :(

80*? Yikes, we're busting out the sweaters for that. :D 

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I know right?!  In Phoenix we call that "February."  :thumbsup:

Pretty uneventful weekend.  Friends had a "before" party Friday to show off the fixer-upper they bought.  It needs quite a bit of fixer-uppering.  :D

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I heard TDDD was a bit of a letdown.

I watched Us the newish Jordan Peele movie on demand. First hour was awesome but it fell apart badly at the end.

Saw my folks for a BBQ on Saturday. They’re doing real well but showing their age. Dad was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s. He’s being treated - I hope he gets a good long run before it gets bad.

That sux.  Good luck.  

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Sorry to hear man.  I'm feeling something similar today.  I saw my dad for the first time in years this weekend.  Man, he looks and acts frail sometimes.  He said he had to get tested for dementia recently.  His memory and mind are definitely not as sharp.  He's 77 and has a pacemaker.  

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

:D

I laugh every time I see the guys on Tour look like they're dressed for winter when it's 60 degrees. That's shorts weather around here :)

6 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Sorry to hear man.  I'm feeling something similar today.  I saw my dad for the first time in years this weekend.  Man, he looks and acts frail sometimes.  He said he had to get tested for dementia recently.  His memory and mind are definitely not as sharp.  He's 77 and has a pacemaker.  

My dad is 72. He has never had issues with health, is financially very comfortable and obviously retired. Since retiring a few years ago he’s not nearly as mentally sharp, dropped a lot of weight, went from thinning to bald and now has the tremors. He looks so much like my grandpa did now. That’s life but it sucks to see your own parents age like that. Good luck with your dad. Dementia is a biich.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MDC said:

Sorry to hear this, its a .  My FIL lived with it for about 15 years from inital diagnosis. The last few years (after MIL passed away) he lived with my wife and I and they were rough.   Keep him as active as possible and as his symptoms progress, look into Deep Brain Stimulation.  FIL wasn't a candidate (due to heart issues as I recall), but they are doing some amazing this with this.

4 hours ago, MDC said:

My dad is 72. He has never had issues with health, is financially very comfortable and obviously retired. Since retiring a few years ago he’s not nearly as mentally sharp, dropped a lot of weight, went from thinning to bald and now has the tremors. He looks so much like my grandpa did now. That’s life but it sucks to see your own parents age like that. Good luck with your dad. Dementia is a biich.

Thanks. You too man.  

I'm an older dad (55) and it sorta shocking to think I could be like him in 22 years. My kids will only be in their early 30's at that time.  

10 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

Sorry to hear this, its a .  My FIL lived with it for about 15 years from inital diagnosis. The last few years (after MIL passed away) he lived with my wife and I and they were rough.   Keep him as active as possible and as his symptoms progress, look into Deep Brain Stimulation.  FIL wasn't a candidate (due to heart issues as I recall), but they are doing some amazing this with this.

He’s in really good shape and does a 3-mile walk every day. Still drives, travels etc. He’s on meds now and hopefully that keeps the tremors from getting worse. He’s going to some national center for Parkinson’s affiliated w NYU for treatment so he will certainly get great care.