Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary - July Mock 2019 **

Matt around today?

and so Matt poaches the guy I was looking at for round 3!!

Makes me a bit queasy taking a TE this early (as I almost never do), but there is a HUGE drop off after Kittle at the position. I was kind of hoping Matt and ICEMAN would take Ertz and Kittle so I could draft with a clear conscience.  Now I feel dirty.   

A couple other targets I considered will all put up similar numbers and I should be able to get one coming back in the third. 

And I'll second robb's complimenting of the Mack pick.  I didn't think he was that high on very many radars.  😡 

Had no intention of going RB-RB, but I'm not scared off by Gurley's knee as most seem to be. Zeke's floor helped make the decision easier. If Gurley's knee issue turns out to be overblown, Zeke-Gurley is a ridiculous start.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Landry said:

Makes me a bit queasy taking a TE this early (as I almost never do), but there is a HUGE drop off after Kittle at the position. I was kind of hoping Matt and ICEMAN would take Ertz and Kittle so I could draft with a clear conscience.  Now I feel dirty.   

A couple other targets I considered will all put up similar numbers and I should be able to get one coming back in the third. 

And I'll second robb's complimenting of the Mack pick.  I didn't think he was that high on very many radars.  😡 

A very small part of me was thinking that Kittle could possibly fall to me in the 3rd round.  It was foolish of me.

I was thinking of going Gurley/Kittle at the turn, but guru took Gurley & Kittle was long gone.

Wanted Keenan Allen here, but I think Cooper is a great consolation prize.  Homerism aside, once he got to Dallas last year he was a stud.  If you put his Dallas stats across a whole season he's a top five WR.  There were two others I considered here, but I believe their situations were a little more suspect/murky.  Plus, they didn't play for the Cowboys.  😛

I was starting to really stress over having to face taking Mahomes, its not a horrible pick where taken at all, but I really find it hard to justify QB's this early given the plethora of talent you can grab later and I find that the value prop between a QB here and later, coupled with the exchange in WR/RB value, makes it very hard to take a QB here.

I'm happy to still get Henry at this spot. It's a bit of a gamble, but it he plays like he did at the end of last year, he will be a set and forget rb 2, which I find very valuable if the cost isnt too high

14 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Man, Chubb almost made it back to me.

Certainly wouldn’t have made it past me at 3.09. I’ll take Aaron Jones instead, go Packers!

35 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I was starting to really stress over having to face taking Mahomes, its not a horrible pick where taken at all, but I really find it hard to justify QB's this early given the plethora of talent you can grab later and I find that the value prop between a QB here and later, coupled with the exchange in WR/RB value, makes it very hard to take a QB here.

To each his own, and I'm a big Mahomes fan... won me multiple titles last year but, well, you and a few others in this mock know my stance on QBs. Too many good options to take one that early and the chances he repeats 2018 numbers are not great. 

Not killing the pick but I know these mocks are about constructive feedback not just "great pick" all the time. I'd personally rather not use a 3rd on a QB who possibly saw his peak fantasy production and use a later pick on a rebound type.

Was upset that AJ Green didn't fall one more spot to me.  Had a tough decision with the WRs available here but went with Edelman.  I think he will get a lot of catches.

1 hour ago, robb said:

Certainly wouldn’t have made it past me at 3.09. I’ll take Aaron Jones instead, go Packers!

I almost went with Jones over Chubb.  I feel he was the safer pick.  I just hope takes off where he left off the first 8 weeks.  I feel his goal line game is secure.

With my 4th round pick I thought it was important to get my RB2 even though I generally like to grab a lot of WRs early.  I think there are a lot of decent WRs that can still be had but I'm not sold on starting RBs.