Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Trump, you clever dog

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

MDC attempted to have Paul in Stl look up my IP address and where I lived. When I said WTF, that's BS and against the rules, he had one of the mods lock the thread. Total puzzie move. True story. 

MDC is a liar and a fraud.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can't say America is the land of opportunity and not be grateful that it's possible due to people before us sacrificing that none us had anything to do with. None of us are completely self made. Not in this country. Some people do kick ass and work harder than others, that's true, but we all have this country and it's history to be thankful for and shouid acknowledge it. It's just that clowns like Obama portray it that people had no or a very limited role in their own success. Often that's not true either.  That's why I couldn't stand that preachy mofo after a while. 

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think the argument being made is: While Donald had a head start, that most never get, he turned that into a tremendous return.  I believe I remember an article from Forbes saying that Trump is worth $3B.  Let's say he started off with a $30M GIFT - free money.   His return on investment is $3B?  I'm thinking that's a significant jump.  If I got a $30k grant from the government and turned that into a $3M dollar return, would you consider me a self made millionaire?

if you are given 30M, you are not self made, right?

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You can't say America is the land of opportunity and not be grateful that it's possible due to people before us sacrificing that none us had anything to do with. None of us are completely self made. Not in this country. Some people do kick ass and work harder than others, that's true, but we all have this country and it's history to be thankful for and shouid acknowledge it. It's just that clowns like Obama portray it that people had no or a very limited role in their own success. Often that's not true either.  That's why I couldn't stand that preachy mofo after a while. 

I always thought Obama meant what you said in the beginning of your post

Just now, Herbivore said:

I just used that as an example.  I don't know what he was given.  The point is, regardless of the starting point, if the end point 100x the start point, I consider that self made.  You don't have to, that's up to you.

Pretty sure he didn't.

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

So you are saying that anyone who starts out with money is never able to be achieve anything on their own. Weird take.

Then he had to start saying stupid shite like "you didn't build that". If he only said what I said that would have been fine. 

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I just used that as an example.  I don't know what he was given.  The point is, regardless of the starting point, if the end point 100x the start point, I consider that self made.  You don't have to, that's up to you.

I don't think that's what "self-made" is suppose to mean but we're just playing semantics now I think.  I'm pretty sure we all understand what we're talking about.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

So you are saying that anyone who starts out with money is never able to be achieve anything on their own. Weird take.

Maybe I spoke too soon in my above post.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think that's what "self-made" is suppose to mean but we're just playing semantics now I think.  I'm pretty sure we all understand what we're talking about.

Bill Gates came from a wealthy family.  He dropped out of Harvard to start Microsoft.  I don't know if he got any money from his family to do that but if he did it was a pittance.  Is he self made?   Or is he disqualified because he came from wealth?

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

yeah, 30M is too much to get self made tag

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Bill Gates came from a wealthy family.  He dropped out of Harvard to start Microsoft.  I don't know if he got any money from his family to do that but if he did it was a pittance.  Is he self made?   Or is he disqualified because he came from wealth?

I'd don't know all of the details about how he started but from what I do know I think he started that business from scratch so I would consider him to be self-made.  I don't think his situation and Trumps are the same.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'd don't know all of the details about how he started but from what I do know I think he started that business from scratch so I would consider him to be self-made.  I don't think his situation and Trumps are the same.

I don't know for sure, but I think you are mistaking people like Trump with people like Paris Hilton.

20 minutes ago, sderk said:

said what I said derp.  30M is too much to get self made tag.  Yes or No?

said what I said derp.  30M is too much to get self made tag.  Yes or No?

Nope herpesvore. You are really dumb. Your argument only says a person can be self made if they are poor. Your limited insight only looks at dollars and nothing else . So weak. But that is what herpes do. Trump didn't buy his presidency. Dumbass.

16 minutes ago, sderk said:

I don't know for sure, but I think you are mistaking people like Trump with people like Paris Hilton.

Nope. Not at all. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Nope. Not at all. 

So they are the same? Hilton could have managed businesses and become president simply because she comes from money?

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No one is saying they are the "same."  But coming from money is seen as an advantage by some people and could be seen as equating to giving you a stake.  Clearly the money that Bill Gates father spent on him growing up helped him acquire the programming skills to succeed by starting Microsoft.  So what if is wasn't cold, hard, cash.  That upbringing and education have value as much as actual cash.  Why are we quibbling in how it was given to him?

11 minutes ago, sderk said:

So they are the same? Hilton could have managed businesses and become president simply because she comes from money?

They are also not the same. I put Trump above her. 

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

No one is saying they are the "same."  But coming from money is seen as an advantage by some people and could be seen as equating to giving you a stake.  Clearly the money that Bill Gates father spent on him growing up helped him acquire the programming skills to succeed by starting Microsoft.  So what if is wasn't cold, hard, cash.  That upbringing and education have value as much as actual cash.  Why are we quibbling in how it was given to him?

I wasn’t strictly talking about coming from money. Trump had a family business to work with along with being given money. I’m pretty sure Gates started his business on his own. 

28 minutes ago, sderk said:

Nope herpesvore. You are really dumb. Your argument only says a person can be self made if they are poor. Your limited insight only looks at dollars and nothing else . So weak. But that is what herpes do. Trump didn't buy his presidency. Dumbass.

good flailing..Yes or No?

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

I think the argument was about being self made. I am hearing that being self made is not anyone who grew up in a home that had money. And I guess that middle class kids are only partially self made if they are successful. And you have to be dirt poor to be self made if you succeed. There are sooo many more factors into being "self made" than money. It's like any job. If you are given opportunity, that right there is considered by some as not self made. It get's to a point of absurdity. 

1 minute ago, sderk said:

I think the argument was about being self made. I am hearing that being self made is not anyone who grew up in a home that had money. And I guess that middle class kids are only partially self made if they are successful. And you have to be dirt poor to be self made if you succeed. There are sooo many more factors into being "self made" than money. It's like any job. If you are given opportunity, that right there is considered by some as not self made. It get's to a point of absurdity. 

You are blowing this whole thing so far out of proportion. 

good flailing..Yes or No?

For your part herpes, yes! I agree. Good example of flailing. Although, you would still get your ass kicked in the Roman Empire days. Flails don't help fix herpes.

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

For your part herpes, yes! I agree. Good example of flailing. Although, you would still get your ass kicked in the Roman Empire days. Flails don't help fix herpes.

I'm rubber and you're glue defense..nice job

I'm rubber and you're glue defense..nice job

You arguments hold no logic. No defense needed on my side. 

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

You arguments hold no logic. No defense needed on my side. 

simple question derp

1 hour ago, Mr. Hand said:

Look at the women behind Trump at his rally. :thumbsup:

Which one are you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Hawkeye21? You think so?

I’ve been accused of this once before. I don’t know who this person is. You can look any my history on here and you’ll see I am not. I’m in the mock draft every year. 

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have read the fishing thread at FBG's and recently started posting in it. Too many political threads here and I am more interested in talking fishing, hunting, etc.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/238734-anyone-here-into-fishing/?do=findComment&comment=21086704

I’d much rather talk about fishing. 

20 hours ago, Mr. Hand said:

This is outstanding...CNN tries to get this panel of women to call Trump racist and it backfires!

They also brought in Richard Spencer to praise Trump so they could tie the two toegther. Instead they gave him a platfom to spout his racist rhetoric while pointing out how Trump has done nothing for the white nationalist community.

13 hours ago, MDC said:

Which one are you?

🤭

18 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

MDC attempted to have Paul in Stl look up my IP address and where I lived. When I said WTF, that's BS and against the rules, he had one of the mods lock the thread. Total puzzie move. True story. 

Your timeframe here overlapped with Paul in St. Louis?

That's a surprise. I've never believed you were Recliner Pilot despite seeing the accusation made repeatedly, but if not, I can't think of any proliffic poster you could be.