Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Madden 20

I haven’t played the last 5 years or so, but going to give it a go. (Xbox One). Anyone else still play?

• Like 1

Nope. Last good Madden was the one with Brees on the cover, think it was 11. They ruined career made, playing online is an ultimate team battle and it’s pretty much whoever spends the most on loot boxes wins. Wish EA would lose the rights the NFL games so 2k could make them again. 

I stopped at space invaders. I think I was 12? 

30 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Nope. Last good Madden was the one with Brees on the cover, think it was 11. They ruined career made, playing online is an ultimate team battle and it’s pretty much whoever spends the most on loot boxes wins. Wish EA would lose the rights the NFL games so 2k could make them again. 

Me too.  I LOVED 2K3 on the Xbox.

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

The last year I played I dropped around $600 on ultimate team. Hopefully I can control myself this year 

48 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I stopped at space invaders. I think I was 12? 

I’ve heard of that game, but never played it. Before my time. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fandandy said:

17 years ago.  Imagine how good they'd be now.  

2k5 was the best football game ever. Best gameplay and it looked great. They never got scouting and franchise mode right but neither did Madden.

13 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The last year I played I dropped around $600 on ultimate team. Hopefully I can control myself this year 

What type of in game purchases are there which require you to drop $600?

43 minutes ago, DonS said:

What type of in game purchases are there which require you to drop $600?

You buy packs of cards that give you players at bronze, silver, gold, platinum etc levels. That’s how much it took to get my MUT to an overall rating of 99

• Like 1

In game music is all godddamn rap music. :angry:

All I hear is swearing and yelling from the other room where my son is playing. I really hate when he gets new games. Can’t wait for football season to start.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

2k5 was the best football game ever. Best gameplay and it looked great. They never got scouting and franchise mode right but neither did Madden.

I would simulate season after season just so I could draft in 2k3.  I remember one time I got a 99 overall in the first round.  I can't even remember which position but I was giddy.  :clap:

I think Madden 14 may have been my last?

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

I think Madden 14 may have been my last?

That was mine too before this one. It was called Madden 25 for the anniversary. 

18 hours ago, fandandy said:

I would simulate season after season just so I could draft in 2k3.  I remember one time I got a 99 overall in the first round.  I can't even remember which position but I was giddy.  :clap:

You would probably like this:

Front Office Football 8

https://store.steampowered.com/app/547900/Front_Office_Football_Eight/

Strat-O-Matic Football is still one of the most accurate games there is...

23 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

All I hear is swearing and yelling from the other room where my son is playing. I really hate when he gets new games. Can’t wait for football season to start.

Same, it's kind of scary how smoothly the F word rolls out of my 16 year olds mouth...

21 minutes ago, Reality said:

Same, it's kind of scary how smoothly the F word rolls out of my 16 year olds mouth...

Indeed. I swear all the time, but I know when to keep it in check out of common courtesy when I'm in a public place. My now 20 y/o daughter will swear like a drunken sailor during Sounders matches.  I've often told her to pipe down and will apologize to folks nearby with little kids. 

10 hours ago, DonS said:

Indeed. I swear all the time, but I know when to keep it in check out of common courtesy when I'm in a public place. My now 20 y/o daughter will swear like a drunken sailor during Sounders matches.  I've often told her to pipe down and will apologize to folks nearby with little kids. 

Can size??

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Can size??

Small. I'd say A.