Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

I Challenge You Geeks!

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Who hacked t.j. booker's account?  :dunno:

Honcho probably made the same comment in some obscure thread 4 weeks ago.  How dare you.

8 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Did nothing active yesterday.  

Started today with 100 push ups and 100 crunches then took the dog for a brisk walk.  

I walked 11 miles, did 8 push-ups (4 rest then 4) and this 3 times over the weekend:

I also bought a lot of healthy foods. So far I look exactly the same, but I'm hopeful by the end of the month I'll exercise more and see some results.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Honcho probably made the same comment in some obscure thread 4 weeks ago.  How dare you.

:D

Day 7:  Did my "plateau run" in 35:20.  A week ago it took me 39:02.  I didn't expect that much progress!  Also 125 of the pu/rt/s sequence.  

Last night we had a nice dinner with our kids (all out of the house) to celebrate our 26th anniversary, no alcohol.  That was the first somewhat "social" event I thought might turn into a cheat day, but we didn't.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Before and after pictures would have been a nice addition.

4 weeks isn't that much unless you're starting from scratch.  I don't know that I'll see a ton of diff but who knows... a little leaner would be nice.

I went from 230 lbs on May 1st to 218 currently. Actually dropped a few more than I wanted to. Wanted to be in the low 220's.  I will probably be 230 lbs again by next May. I started my 'football season diet' a few weeks ago. Wings, cheesesteaks, and fries way more often than is healthy for a person.  That'll continue through the winter and early spring until I go back into fine tune mode.

I'm a little late to this party, but good luck to all who are trying to better themselves and be more healthy.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Day 6 I walked 2,.2 miles.

Day 7, I pushed a 160 pound person a little over two miles around a botanical garden,. 

Day 8, I did my deep breathing, cold shower, meditation, and pushups. I walked over a mile. 

I definitely need to kick it up a notch or 10. 

• Like 1

Didn’t do crap today.  Worked a long day then had football practice with the kids.  

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Didn’t do crap today. 

Same.  I had planned tomorrow to be an off day, but life happened and next thing I knew it was dinner time.  Back at it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Just finished up my usual 45 minutes full body workout on my pilates reformer. I do this Mon/Wed/Fri and on Tue/Thu  I run. Saturday is a rest/cheat meal day and Sunday we either hike or trail run.

Keep up the excellent work guys and girl! :cheers:

On a side note, I queued up Flo Rida Essentials on my Apple Music workout playlist... Damn, I forgot how many good songs they have.

• Like 2

Day 9:  Plateau run, 34:29.  Day 0 was 39.02, I've improved about 12% in 10 days.  At some point I'll hit a minimum I presume.

Also swapped out the pushups and squats for bent over 2-arm rows today (great for back, biceps, and hamstrings), 150 of those and the twists.

Today is my 26th anniversary, another test for Sober October as my wife and I are going out to eat.  Going to sushi which will be less tempting than say a nice steak house, where a red wine or two would be darn near required.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Day 9:  Plateau run, 34:29.  Day 0 was 39.02, I've improved about 12% in 10 days.  At some point I'll hit a minimum I presume.

Also swapped out the pushups and squats for bent over 2-arm rows today (great for back, biceps, and hamstrings), 150 of those and the twists.

Today is my 26th anniversary, another test for Sober October as my wife and I are going out to eat.  Going to sushi which will be less tempting than say a nice steak house, where a red wine or two would be darn near required.  :thumbsup:

Happy anniversary.  And don't be afraid to have a drink with your anniversary dinner. It's not going to kill you as long as you stay on track otherwise.

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Happy anniversary.  And don't be afraid to have a drink with your anniversary dinner. It's not going to kill you as long as you stay on track otherwise.

Thanks.  I appreciate the drink idea but we were drinking every night; my wife and my plan is to not drink at all in October to show myself that I don't "need" to drink, including celebrations/events.  Which kinda sucks because we have at least 3 more events this month where we will be surrounded by other people drinking.

Come November I'll probably re-introduce it infrequently, but I dunno.  I've been losing weight since I started, maybe I'll just stay dry.  :dunno:

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sounds like you may qualify for vigorous sects with jerry's wife as well.  :thumbsup:

Just don't tell her you're a jobless hobo first.  :(

7 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Sounds like you may qualify for vigorous sects with jerry's wife as well.  :thumbsup:

Just don't tell her you're a jobless hobo first.  :(

Quite the opposite, she has been quite... supportive recently with current events.  :banana:

Happy anniversary Jerry!  Congrats on finding someone who could tolerate you for this long. 😝 💋

Also, good for you for giving up all alcohol this month. I don’t think I could live in a world without wine. Although, I do limit myself to 5oz and only on days I run... because running sucks. I have a Swiftly shirt that says “I run for cheese” but really, I run for wine. 😁

35 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Happy anniversary Jerry!  Congrats on finding someone who could tolerate you for this long. 😝 💋

Also, good for you for giving up all alcohol this month. I don’t think I could live in a world without wine. Although, I do limit myself to 5oz and only on days I run... because running sucks. I have a Swiftly shirt that says “I run for cheese” but really, I run for wine. 😁

Thanks OM!  🤪 My wife and I each have a workout shirt that says "Earn Your Booze," guaranteed to get a comment from strangers on a hiking trail.

Like I said, it was time for a detox.  :thumbsup:

Walked the dog this morning for 45 min.  

Did some curls, flys, squats and shoulder presses during a break at work.  My right arm and hand both hurt now.  

gonna be working 16 hours a day the next 10 days, so while not officially out, I am not going to have time for any extra excercise

opening a facility in Oregon tomorrow

Day 10:  HIIT + 100 pu/rt/s.  I was supposed to do 150 but we already did 100 pushups in the HIIT class so I backed off.

Day 11:  Did a hot "sculpt" class which was part pilates, part yoga, with dumbbells.  Tough class, lots of core.  My body is worn out so I didn't do anything extra.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Day 10:  HIIT + 100 pu/rt/s.  I was supposed to do 150 but we already did 100 pushups in the HIIT class so I backed off.

Day 11:  Did a hot "sculpt" class which was part pilates, part yoga, with dumbbells.  Tough class, lots of core.  My body is worn out so I didn't do anything extra.

Being unemployed got me in the best shape of my life 5 years ago. 7 days a week 2 to 4 hrs a day lifting and cardio. I think I need to be unemployed again for a bit. :lol:

Day 12 (Sat):  60 minutes HIIT

Day 13:  Plateau run (34:06, best yet).  Also 150 pu/rt/bent rows (instead of squats, since I ran/hiked).  I did these different, tabata format.  Set my timer to 120 sets of 10 seconds.  In each subsequent interval I did 5 pushups, 5 twists, 5 rows, rest.  Repeat 30 times.  Finished it all in 20 minutes.  I liked it, that's what I'll do moving forward.

Day 14:  75 minutes hot yoga at a different place.  I feel loyal to my previous place which is relatively new and a nice little pixie of an owner/instructor is trying to get it off the ground, so I want to support her.  But her schedule is not that great.  The new place is actually my old place when I went 5+ years ago.  There were about 12-15 people in there and I recognized half of them, except they looked 5+ years older.  I'm sure they thought the same of me.  🤪  One chick is still smoking hot, bounce a quarter off of her abs and ass, I lucked into being next to her.  Several hardbodies actually, it is a wealthier section of town.  And then there is this old guy, gotta be 70's, heavy set, still plugging away although unable to do a lot of the poses.  I think it is great, use it or lose it. :thumbsup:

In two weeks I've worked out all but one day (well, two if I discount the yard work day).  Many of them two workouts per day.  My body is transforming and I've lost weight in a visible way.  Still no booze after 2 weeks.  Diet is... a little better, but I'm not going crazy healthy.  I find that when I'm working out a lot I don't want to eat crap because I feel like I'll lose the benefits from all of the work.  But mostly I think my improvement is from the exercise and lack of drinking.

• Like 1