Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Dolphins at Steelers: In-Game Discussion

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

Kind of a dumb interception. Why not just knock it down? That is the equivalent of a great punt.

DB stat for int probably better come contract time......

30 minutes ago, sderk said:

Kind of a dumb interception. Why not just knock it down? That is the equivalent of a great punt.

Just one more reason Tomlin should be canned. 

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Mason Rudolph doesn't look like he belongs in the NFL. A deer in headlights.... on every play.  Versus the Dolphins no less.

Rudolph looked bad early on, but got it going later.  I'll eat my crow. :ninja:

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I dropped Samuel finally and used the number one priority on Ty. I had a feeling  something like this was going to happen. 

Ouch....one man's loss = another man's gain !!

Just now, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

Ouch....one man's loss = another man's gain !!

I may offer the guy who has top waiver priority a receiver for Samuel if the Conner injury is bad. He was already asking for a receiver. I am really deep, so it wouldn't hurt much to give up Tyrell or Lockett

6 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I may offer the guy who has top waiver priority a receiver for Samuel if the Conner injury is bad. He was already asking for a receiver. I am really deep, so it wouldn't hurt much to give up Tyrell or Lockett

If Conner has a broken collar bone and he gives you Samuels for either of those guys he deserves to lose everything.

Homer summary:  Miami get the opening kickoff and the Steelers stop them cold, drive lasts like 1 minute 15 seconds.  Steelers immediately give the ball back on the int at their own 30 or so.  Short field and Miami takes advantage.  Rudolph played the 1st Q like he was still concussed.  Steelers get the ball back and Tomlin goes for it on 4th and 6 or some sh!t at the Miami 45 yrd line and gives the Fins a short field again, bam...14-0. 

Rudolph got it together in the 2nd.  That challenge (that Tomlin won...historic...first time in 2 years) and stop on 4th down right before half was huge, and Miami selling out on the full house blitz was one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen.  BS offensive interference call on Johnson moves the Steelers out of FG range and sets them with a 3rd and 20.  Dionte Johnson took an 8 yrd slant 45 yrds to the house because there were THREE guys in coverage on a 3rd and 20???.  Monumentally moronic coaching on Miami's part.  Despite being down 14-10 at half, every ounce of momentum was with the Steelers, particularly getting the ball in the 2nd half to start.  Conner started looking like a monster.  

2nd half was all Steelers.  Juju with the killer catch on a nicely thrown 25+ bomb that wasn't the result of YAC.  Steelers tack on the Conner rush TD and another FG to score 27 straight points after spotting the Fins 14 with stupid throws and stupid play calling.

As a Steelers fan there is nothing here to be excited about except that Rudolph picked up his game, Juju went for a TD and 100+ and Conner went for TD and 100+.  That being said, they did so against a team that I suspect could be beaten by a few of the elite college teams in the league.  Nothing to be excited about but the Steelers have an easy schedule coming up...there isn't one opponent in the next 9 who will be an overwhelming favorite.  They are just 1 1/2 games out of wildcard spot and 2 back of Baltimore for the division lead, with the Ravens up next on the New England Patriots F-U NFL tour 2019.  

13 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

Homer summary:  Miami get the opening kickoff and the Steelers stop them cold, drive lasts like 1 minute 15 seconds.  Steelers immediately give the ball back on the int at their own 30 or so.  Short field and Miami takes advantage.  Rudolph played the 1st Q like he was still concussed.  Steelers get the ball back and Tomlin goes for it on 4th and 6 or some sh!t at the Miami 45 yrd line and gives the Fins a short field again, bam...14-0. 

Rudolph got it together in the 2nd.  That challenge (that Tomlin won...historic...first time in 2 years) and stop on 4th down right before half was huge, and Miami selling out on the full house blitz was one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen.  BS offensive interference call on Johnson moves the Steelers out of FG range and sets them with a 3rd and 20.  Dionte Johnson took an 8 yrd slant 45 yrds to the house because there were THREE guys in coverage on a 3rd and 20???.  Monumentally moronic coaching on Miami's part.  Despite being down 14-10 at half, every ounce of momentum was with the Steelers, particularly getting the ball in the 2nd half to start.  Conner started looking like a monster.  

2nd half was all Steelers.  Juju with the killer catch on a nicely thrown 25+ bomb that wasn't the result of YAC.  Steelers tack on the Conner rush TD and another FG to score 27 straight points after spotting the Fins 14 with stupid throws and stupid play calling.

As a Steelers fan there is nothing here to be excited about except that Rudolph picked up his game, Juju went for a TD and 100+ and Conner went for TD and 100+.  That being said, they did so against a team that I suspect could be beaten by a few of the elite college teams in the league.  Nothing to be excited about but the Steelers have an easy schedule coming up...there isn't one opponent in the next 9 who will be an overwhelming favorite.  They are just 1 1/2 games out of wildcard spot and 2 back of Baltimore for the division lead, with the Ravens up next on the New England Patriots F-U NFL tour 2019.  

Hey I’m glad I saw that you posted, congrats on that win last night. 

24 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

That being said, they did so against a team that I suspect could be beaten by a few of the elite college teams in the league. 

No.

1 hour ago, jgcrawfish said:

a team that I suspect could be beaten by a few of the elite college teams in the league

K-State could!

EMAW!