tubby_mcgee

Liberals want to change "Christmas Tree" to "Holiday Tree"

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

"This is a Christmas Tree that is used by people celebrating Christmas," he wrote. "This is not a holiday tree."

Is this the quote that hurt your feelings?

Sorry it was the Senate majority leader who took time out of his holiday cheer to complain about “PC garbage” not Walker. 

This quote from Walker made me :lol: 

"It's just one of those where sometimes you think people are looking for ways to be offended," he told the "Friends" hosts.

Yowza.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Sorry it was the Senate majority leader who took time out of his holiday cheer to complain about “PC garbage” not Walker. 

This quote from Walker made me :lol: 

Yowza.

I didn't look for the quote from Walker that you provided.  Was that in response to all the people whose feelings were hurt by the quote I provided?  If so, his response makes perfect sense to me.

31 minutes ago, Kanil said:

How very un-American of you, comrade.

All we’ve learned about people giving them more liberty the last 100 years is that they’re stupid. 

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

All we’ve learned about people giving them more liberty the last 100 years is that they’re stupid. 

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Not law, tradition, and do what your told.

I agree with a lot of your thoughts on other issues, but your stance here is one of the most un-American things I've seen posted on this board.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Not law, tradition, and do what your told.

I agree with a lot of your thoughts on other issues, but your stance here is one of the most un-American things I've seen posted on this board.

Stop using FF quotes to support this nonsense. When they said that they definitely didn’t mean open borders, sex changes, child conversion therapy all the other crap leftist are pushing down our throats. They meant freedom from taxation from an ruthless king. All the other nonsense is the talking points libtards have added throughout the years. 

Time to bring law and order back to this country. 

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Stop using FF quotes to support this nonsense. When they said that they definitely didn’t mean open borders, sex changes, child conversion therapy all the other crap leftist are pushing down our throats. They meant freedom from taxation from an ruthless king. All the other nonsense is the talking points libtards have added throughout the years. 

Maybe instead of changing the country to an authoritarian regime, you should go move to one of those countries that already is.  I'm sure TBBOM or Volty could get you setup in China.

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

This reminds me of the argument some have towards the 2nd Amendment.  Lots of controversy about what they meant when they originally wrote it.

Also, this thread is about using the phrase "Holiday Tree".  None of the other stuff you brought up.  You're seriously talking about taking away freedom of speech over the name focking tree?

3 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Maybe instead of changing the country to an authoritarian regime, you should go move to one of those countries that already is.  I'm sure TBBOM or Volty could get you setup in China.

Not being able to convert your child to the opposite sex, not being able to get a sex change, not supporting a morally corrupt marriage makes you authoritarian? 

Also I’m not Chinese, but Eastern Europe would be cool! 

He says his views are not extreme though.

Not being able to convert your child to the opposite sex, not being able to get a sex change, not supporting a morally corrupt marriage makes you authoritarian? 

As I’m not Chinese, but Eastern Europe would be cool! 

This thread is about NONE of those things.  You're using unrelated arguments to support the idea of making it so someone can't say "Holiday Tree".

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Also, this thread is about using the phrase "Holiday Tree".  None of the other stuff you brought up.  You're seriously talking about taking away freedom of speech over the name focking tree?

I forgot what thread I was in. As far as the tree goes, call it a Christmas tree or GTFO. We screwed up bringing immigrants here who weren’t Christian. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I didn't look for the quote from Walker that you provided.  Was that in response to all the people whose feelings were hurt by the quote I provided?  If so, his response makes perfect sense to me.

What people? I see a former governor and Fox News getting their panties in a twist over some SJWs on Twitter. Those two groups deserve each other.

I forgot what thread I was in. As far as the tree goes, call it a Christmas tree or GTFO. We screwed up bringing immigrants here who weren’t Christian. 

So you ARE for taking away a US Citizens freedom of speech over the phrase, "holiday tree"?

1 minute ago, Kanil said:

So you ARE for taking away a US Citizens freedom of speech over the phrase, "holiday tree"?

All branches of government in the US should officially recognize it as a Christmas tree, sh!tlibs can call it whatever they want. 

Next we will take god off our political documents, money, etc... to make the mooslims feel more welcomed. 

Just now, MDC said:

What people? I see a former governor and Fox News getting their panties in a twist over some SJWs on Twitter. Those two groups deserve each other.

The people who complained to Twitter.  See below.  I can't find anything indicating Walker was going full retard...

"This is a Christmas Tree that is used by people celebrating Christmas," he wrote. "This is not a holiday tree."

Later he tweeted that he had received an email from Twitter saying it had "received complaints from this tweet."

Appearing on "Fox & Friends" with hosts Steve Doocy and Ainsley Earhardt, Walker said that he had called it a Christmas tree because "that's what it is."

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

All branches of government in the US should officially recognize it as a Christmas tree, sh!tlibs can call it whatever they want. 

There's a reason for the separation between church and state.  It was to avoid having a church have control over the populace.

There's a reason for the separation between church and state.  It was to avoid having a church have control over the populace.

All that means is the church can’t formally prosecute you. It has nothing to do with a government recognizing a tree as a Christmas tree. You know the quotes, but you don’t know the actual history. 

Next we will take god off our political documents, money, etc... to make the mooslims feel more welcomed. 

Why should the government have to recognize it at all?

I have no issue with God being use on documents and such but I always found it odd that they did.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Why should the government have to recognize it at all?

I have no issue with God being use on documents and such but I always found it odd that they did.

Because separation of church and state doesn’t mean what you think it means.

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

The people who complained to Twitter.  See below.  I can't find anything indicating Walker was going full retard...

Later he tweeted that he had received an email from Twitter saying it had "received complaints from this tweet."

Appearing on "Fox & Friends" with hosts Steve Doocy and Ainsley Earhardt, Walker said that he had called it a Christmas tree because "that's what it is."

Some unnamed people on Twitter complained? Time to convene a panel of Fox commentators to discuss the “war.” 

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

All that means is the church can’t formally prosecute you. It has nothing to do with a government recognizing a tree as a Christmas tree. You know the quotes, but you don’t know the actual history. 

So far you have posted against freedom of speech and against separating church and state.  Both traditional American values.

Just now, MDC said:

Some unnamed people on Twitter complained? Time to convene a panel of Fox commentators to discuss the “war.” 

Agreed.  I'm glad Twitter wrote an email to Mr. Walker because he hurt some peoples' feelings by calling his Christmas tree a Christmas tree.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Because separation of church and state doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Well, then explain to me why I think it means something else.

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

All that means is the church can’t formally prosecute you.

That's not what it means.  It means that you can't use religion to dictate laws.

That's not what it means.  It means that you can't use religion to dictate laws.

Like this?

separation of church and state

Definition from Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary

A phrase most famously used by Supreme Court Justice Black in the case of Everson v. Board of Education. In discussing the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, Justice Black said that the clause erected a "wall of separation between church and state." He explained that this means, among other things, that the government cannot participate in the affairs of a religious group, set up a church, aid or prefer one religion over another, or aid or prefer religion over nonreligion.

6 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Agreed.  I'm glad Twitter wrote an email to Mr. Walker because he hurt some peoples' feelings by calling his Christmas tree a Christmas tree.  :lol:

I’m sure Walker is glad too, since it allowed him and Fox to pull their annual victim crybaby Christmas routine. :thumbsup: 

You all think a government recognizing a tree as a Christmas tree violates separation of church and state? Okay sh!t libs, want to really make a difference? Don’t take Christmas and Christmas Eve off of work. Those are officially recognized Christian holidays. 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You all think a government recognizing a tree as a Christmas tree violates separation of church and state? Okay sh!t libs, want to really make a difference? Don’t take Christmas and Christmas Eve off of work. Those are officially recognized Christian holidays. 

Forcing people to recognize it, whether they're part of the government or not, does.

Also, Christmas is the best ski day of the year and my company is closed that day.  I'll be enjoying my day off even if it hurts your feelings.  Happy Holidays to me!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Forcing people to recognize it, whether they're part of the government or not, does.

Also, Christmas is the best ski day of the year and my company is closed that day.  I'll be enjoying my day off even if it hurts your feelings.  Happy Holidays to me!

You’re going to regret being so sh!tty to real Americans and siding with the immigrants and Muslims, give it another 15-20 years

• Thanks 1

You’re going to regret being so sh!tty to real Americans and siding with the immigrants and Muslims, give it another 15-20 years

I'm sorry you disagree so much with traditional American values.

Edit:

Also, I don't side with Muslims.  I don't side with any religion.

9 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with them recognizing it as a Christmas tree.  I also don't have a problem with them calling it a holiday tree.  They can just call it a decorated evergreen tree if they want.  It makes no difference.  The government should not force anyone to call it a Christmas tree though.

31 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Wow. Acknowledging a Christmas tree is now proof of a state religion? Talk about getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. Lighten up buttercup. No one is making you go to church. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with them recognizing it as a Christmas tree.  I also don't have a problem with them calling it a holiday tree.  They can just call it a decorated evergreen tree if they want.  It makes no difference.  The government should not force anyone to call it a Christmas tree though.

Whoa, buddy.  You realize that in 90s world, If you don't agree that everyone should call it a Christmas Tree, you must want to forcibly sex change children, right?

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. Acknowledging a Christmas tree is now proof of a state religion? Talk about getting your panties in bunch over nothing. Lighten up buttercup. No one is making you go to church. 

I think you're misunderstanding who's getting worked up here.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. Acknowledging a Christmas tree is now proof of a state religion? Talk about getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. Lighten up buttercup. No one is making you go to church. 

Nowhere did I say that.  FORCING someone to recognize it as a Christmas Tree (as 90s suggested) is against separation of Church and State.  I'm for calling it whatever you want.  I personally call it a Christmas Tree but I don't turn into a focking whiney baby if someone calls it something else.

Edited to add:

If you insist on arguing with me on this, at least argue against things I actually said instead of just making up your own bullsh!t and arguing that.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I think you're misunderstanding who's getting worked up here.

Looks like you guys are. Libtards are the ones who bring this nonsense up in the first place.  Waaaaa, I don't want to say "under God". Waaaaa, Columbus was a really bad man. Waaaa, the money says "In god we trust".  Stfu already. 

• Like 1

Nowhere did I say that.  FORCING someone to recognize it as a Christmas Tree (as 90s suggested) is against separation of Church and State.  I'm for calling it whatever you want.  I personally call it a Christmas Tree but I don't turn into a focking whiney baby if someone calls it something else.

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Looks like you guys are. Libtards are the ones who bring this nonsense up in the first place.  Waaaaa, I don't want to say "under God". Waaaaa, Columbus was a really bad man. Waaaa, the money says "In god we trust".  Stfu already. 

Really?  I'd suggest you go look at the first post.  You know, of the person who brought it up first.  For focks sake, stop arguing just to argue.