tubby_mcgee

Liberals want to change "Christmas Tree" to "Holiday Tree"

23 hours ago, nzoner said:

Next it'll be the word entirely,just think of how many classics will be gone :(

"I'm dreaming of a white holiday

"O Holiday Tree,O Holiday Tree...

"Have yourself a merry little holiday...

"Rockin' around the holiday tree...

"

I've always enjoyed "Little Drummer They/Them" 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

And I don't think any mooslim would object to me calling a burka a public executioner's costume. "Oh that's a scary outfit little girl, but today's not Halloween (aka scary festival day). But here's an old jolly rancher anyway. Next year maybe go with the sexy ktty outfit. On second thought, don't."

Or next year they can wear the same outfit and go as a ninja. 

To each their own right? Just let them live their life that way, just so long as they understand it does not apply to me

Just now, RLLD said:

To each their own right? Just let them live their life that way, just so long as they understand it does not apply to me

See, that is it. People putting the pressure on others not to say "Merry Christmas" and such because it excludes some people is the key. It's the predecessor to the him/him she/her movement.

They want America to not have tradition or culture. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

And I don't think any mooslim would object to me calling a burka a public executioner's costume. "Oh that's a scary outfit little girl, but today's not Halloween (aka scary festival day). But here's an old jolly rancher anyway. Next year maybe go with the sexy ktty outfit. On second thought, don't."

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make here.  Are you telling me you're offended by someone calling it a holiday tree?

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

People in general suck for the most part.

Nope. Liberals and who they "advocate " for suck more. Most of our problems can be traced back to them. Pooping in the street for starters. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make here.  Are you telling me you're offended by someone calling it a holiday tree?

Not directly to your question but I'll post anyway.  :)  You've stated that what others call a Christmas tree doesn't affect you.  Fair enough, and I personally agree.  It also doesn't affect me if companies call their products "holiday [product]", unless I don't search for "holiday" and thus don't see it.

The bigger issue though is the boiling frog of word control.  Today it is the word "Christmas," can't use it, might offend someone.  Tomorrow it will be "holiday" and we'll have to call it "winter tree".  Then that might offend a Maori in the southern hemisphere and we'll call it a "green tree."  Then that might offend those with red/green color blindness, but by that time we'll be scrambling to learn Chinese for our new masters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Not directly to your question but I'll post anyway.  :)  You've stated that what others call a Christmas tree doesn't affect you.  Fair enough, and I personally agree.  It also doesn't affect me if companies call their products "holiday [product]", unless I don't search for "holiday" and thus don't see it.

The bigger issue though is the boiling frog of word control.  Today it is the word "Christmas," can't use it, might offend someone.  Tomorrow it will be "holiday" and we'll have to call it "winter tree".  Then that might offend a Maori in the southern hemisphere and we'll call it a "green tree."  Then that might offend those with red/green color blindness, but by that time we'll be scrambling to learn Chinese for our new masters.

Are people saying we can't use the word "Christmas" anymore though?  I don't see how anyone can stop us from saying Christmas if we want.  If a company wants to stop using it because they are afraid of offending certain people then so be it, but people who celebrate Christmas will call it what they want.  I am not in favor of telling people what they can and can't say, within reason.

If you're on the side of a political party thats ok with, or at least won't call out, pooping in the street, If you can't draw a line there, at basic civility, then you're a complete Fockin a-hole.  

According to the OP’s article the Wisconsin governor called this tree a “holiday tree” and Scott Walker and other Republicans lost their shiit on Twitter and are introducing legislation to formally name it a “Christmas tree.” 

Seems to me the triggered snowflake thought police are the ones on tilt because the Governor called it a holiday tree. :dunno: 

Also seems sort of antithetical to the spirit of Christmas. Don’t these people have bigger things to worry about? 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

According to the OP’s article the Wisconsin governor called this tree a “holiday tree” and Scott Walker and other Republicans lost their shiit on Twitter and are introducing legislation to formally name it a “Christmas tree.” 

Seems to me the triggered snowflake thought police are the ones on tilt because the Governor called it a holiday tree. :dunno: 

Also seems sort of antithetical to the spirit of Christmas. Don’t these people have bigger things to worry about? 

True. They could be passing more important legislation making it legal to take a dump in the middle of an intersection. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

True. They could be passing more important legislation making it legal to take a dump in the middle of an intersection. 

Or making it a crime to use free speech....

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

You can see some of the posters from this very thread in this video....

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Removing the term Christmas is in the Christmas spirit.  🤣

State sponsored religion is the U.S. spirit.   🤣

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Christmas is a recognized day of the year, whether you are religious or not.  🤣

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

😢

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Christmas is a recognized day of the year, whether you are religious or not.  🤣

This will be attacked in the near future. Liberals will demand the post office deliver mail on December 25th because not doing so is racisss and offensive. 

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are people saying we can't use the word "Christmas" anymore though?  I don't see how anyone can stop us from saying Christmas if we want.  If a company wants to stop using it because they are afraid of offending certain people then so be it, but people who celebrate Christmas will call it what they want.  I am not in favor of telling people what they can and can't say, within reason.

Its not that.  Its the ever growing mind fuking of calling something/someone by a different descriptor than what it actually is and eventually forcing me to do it.  And its all based on faux outrage. For example, people being forced to use pronouns that dont  biologically apply.  

As for the tree...its literally a tree decorated for Christmas, hence the name.  Thats litrally what it is. Why the fuk make up another name? If I was an anti semite, I would still call a menorah a menorah.  If I was anti mooslim, I would still call Muhammad by his name.  I would do that because thats what they are. These descriptors are accepted by a vast majority of people. Fuk snowflakes and their feeling excluded by calling something by its name.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

This will be attacked in the near future. Liberals will demand the post office deliver mail on December 25th because not doing so is racisss and offensive. 

Funny how nonreligious people are the ones attaching religion to a tree.  🤣

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Its not that.  Its the ever growing mind fuking of calling something/someone by a different descriptor than what it actually is and eventually forcing me to do it.  And its all based on faux outrage. For example, people being forced to use pronouns that dont  biologically apply.  

As for the tree...its literally a tree decorated for Christmas, hence the name.  Thats litrally what it is.  If I was an anti semite, I would still call a menorah a menorah.  If I was anti mooslim, I would still call a Muhammad by his name.  I would do that because thats what they are. These descriptors are accepted by a vast majority of people. Fuk snowflakes and their feeling excluded by calling something by its name.  

The Wisconsin legislature decided to call it a “holiday tree” in 1985. I bet the Ghost of Christmas Past is still pissed. 😢 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

The Wisconsin legislature decided to call it a “holiday tree” in 1985. I bet the Ghost of Christmas Past is still pissed. 😢 

So theyve been wrong for over 30 years.  Whats your point?

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I see it as not having an affect on anything for over 30 years.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I see it as not having an affect on anything for over 30 years.

Someone was asking what a cuck is......👆🏿

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Someone was asking what a cuck is......👆🏿

Sorry dude, I'm very good at satisfying my wife. 

44 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are people saying we can't use the word "Christmas" anymore though?  I don't see how anyone can stop us from saying Christmas if we want. 

Why don't you try visiting a radical Muslim country and calling yourself a Christian and see how that works out?

My point is live and let live,I'm sick and tired of other so called "special groups' thinking they're more special than others.

Just now, nzoner said:

Why don't you try visiting a radical Muslim country and calling yourself a Christian and see how that works out?

My point is live and let live,I'm sick and tired of other so called "special groups' thinking they're more special than others.

Why would I visit a radical Muslim country?  I'm happy right here in the US.  I guess I just don't share the concerns that many of you do.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why would I visit a radical Muslim country?  I'm happy right here in the US.  I guess I just don't share the concerns that many of you do.

Churchill's initial warnings of the new Nazi regime in Germany fell on deaf ears too.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

We all are. *rimshot*

25 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

That nobody cared until the Fox News crowd decided to play victim with their phony “war” on Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Churchill's initial warnings of the new Nazi regime in Germany fell on deaf ears too.

Some people are saying the same about Trump as President.  Amazing how both sides have similar concerns.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's a metaphor. And it fits perfectly. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

That nobody cared until the Fox News crowd decided to play victim with their phony “war” on Christmas. 

Interesting take.  You would be very wrong though.  Not everyone waits for the media to tell them what to think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's a metaphor. And it fits perfectly. 

I'm glad it makes you happy.  It falls flat for me though.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Interesting take.  You would be very wrong though.  Not everyone waits for the media to tell them what to think.

How many people even knew that had happened over 30 years ago?  I think people are so much more sensitive to everything now, even the conservatives.  Maybe even more so the conservatives right now.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Scott Walker and Fox both fail to note that WI has called it a “holiday tree” for almost 35 years. Seems like they were trying to gin up outrage from the right wing snowflakes again. :( 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

How many people even knew that had happened over 30 years ago?  I think people are so much more sensitive to everything now, even the conservatives.  Maybe even more so the conservatives right now.

So, who is outraged specifically by and only by the Wisconsin situation besides Walker?  Admittedly, I didnt know about it. Ive felt that way for years and it didnt take finding out about Wisconsin via the media to frame my thoughts.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Scott Walker and Fox both fail to note that WI has called it a “holiday tree” for almost 35 years. Seems like they were trying to gin up outrage from the right wing snowflakes again. :( 

This may be the case.  If it was called a holiday tree when he was in office and he didnt change it, hes a dumass.  Again, though, my feelings have very little to do with Wisconsin.