Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

Trump isn’t invoked in the businesses he owns and continues to financially benefit from while in office? You believe that, but I’m the hack. Classic.

The rest of your little tantrum / dodge isn’t worth commenting on.

Tantrum?  LOL.  Typical Sho.  Gets proven wrong and instead of accepting his lumps goes on the offensive.  You probably don't think Hitlery did anything wrong by putting confidential e-mail on an insecure server in her basement.

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Trump isn’t invoked in the businesses he owns and continues to financially benefit from while in office? You believe that, but I’m the hack. Classic.

First it was that the people running his businesses are in his administration.  Now it's that they aren't but he's still running things anyways.   Nice back track, hack.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And yet somehow senators, congressman and even a president or two come into politics not rich but somehow are able to buy mansions in places like Martha’s Vineyard all the while avoiding conflicts of interest. LOL. Your TDS is flaring even harder these days. May want to get that checked out. 

People who use the term "TDS" daily are cucks.  May want to get that checked out. 😉

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

People who use the term "TDS" daily are cucks.  May want to get that checked out. 😉

I’m good. But you seem to only want to concentrate on Trump and ignore the actions that came before him. Even though those actions are far more blatant and worse. The very definition of TDS. All Trump, all the time. Even if it’s baseless speculation.  

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

First it was that the people running his businesses are in his administration.  Now it's that they aren't but he's still running things anyways.   Nice back track, hack.

Do you think that Trump’s kids running his international businesses while he’s POTUS is a conflict of interest? Simple yes or no will suffice.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Do you think that Trump’s kids running his international businesses while he’s POTUS is a conflict of interest? Simple yes or no will suffice.

No.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

No

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m good. But you seem to only want to concentrate on Trump and ignore the actions that came before him. Even though those actions are far more blatant and worse. The very definition of TDS. All Trump, all the time. Even if it’s baseless speculation.  

What do you want me to do with all the crap that happened in the past?  Is it really smart for us all to sit hear and accept stupid shiit to happen just because others got away with it in the past?  Just because I don't talk about others doesn't mean I'm defending them, I just find our President to be a little more important right now.

A truism with regard to effective leadership is that not everyone is a fan.  True leadership involves an almost brutal level of honesty, and little regard for feelings over outcomes.....in our current society this is not warmly welcomed. 

Results matter.  I need not like those whom lead, if they are delivering results I can hate their guts and still follow them, and I have done this.  Some of the best leaders I served under in the military were rat bastards, but they got sh!t done.

If you feel affection from your leader, expect to be focked eventually.

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

A truism with regard to effective leadership is that not everyone is a fan.  True leadership involves an almost brutal level of honesty, and little regard for feelings over outcomes.....in our current society this is not warmly welcomed. 

Results matter.  I need not like those whom lead, if they are delivering results I can hate their guts and still follow them, and I have done this.  Some of the best leaders I served under in the military were rat bastards, but they got sh!t done.

If you feel affection from your leader, expect to be focked eventually.

Can't say I agree with that statement.  Maybe it holds true in the military but not in other leadership positions.

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What do you want me to do with all the crap that happened in the past?  Is it really smart for us all to sit hear and accept stupid shiit to happen just because others got away with it in the past?  Just because I don't talk about others doesn't mean I'm defending them, I just find our President to be a little more important right now.

Don’t act like it’s ancient history. The last guy ( and his wife) was stupid rich a few months after leaving office.  And many in Congress are still in office  and still getting rich.  But Trump has the conflicts of interest. Even though you provide zero proof of that.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Don’t act like it’s ancient history. The last guy ( and his wife) was stupid rich a few months after leaving office.  And many in Congress are still in office  and still getting rich.  

Great.  They suck too.  Why do other people always have to used in comparison or in defense of Trump?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Great.  They suck too.  Why do other people always have to used in comparison or in defense of Trump?

So go ahead and tell us how Trump is getting richer from his conflicts of interest? I’ve read he’s lost a lot of money. I’ll take that with a grain of salt. But I do know that Maxine Waters is rich as fock and she’s been in Congress forever. Showed up broke though. And she’s really, really stupid. 

Can't say I agree with that statement.  Maybe it holds true in the military but not in other leadership positions.

It was true in the military, and its even worse in civilian business.

You see in the military there exists at all times a threat if you break chain of command, which is to say backdoor each other.....but in the civilian world that threat does not exist and people are ruthless.

I have served with and under good and bad, people have died as a result of bad leadership, its all too common. I like to think I can sniff out a good leader, but in truth people can be deceptive.

I would suggest that we dispense with any notion that we have to like our leaders, that this concept is how we measure them.  I submit that outcomes matter more than liking them. I see Trump as a dooshbag, always have, but if he delivers I can live with it.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So go ahead and tell us how Trump is getting richer from his conflicts of interest? I’ve read he’s lost a lot of money. I’ll take that with a grain of salt. But I do know that Maxine Waters is rich as fock and she’s been in Congress forever. Showed up broke though. And she’s really, really stupid. 

I just look at the facts we know and form opinions off of them.  I know he has control of hundreds of businesses in numerous countries.  I know that he stays at his resorts and he holds government events at them as well.  He has a national brand that is his name which can greatly benefit from his Presidency.  His own daughter has her own business ventures that can benefit from his Presidency as well.

I don't know if he's making a lot of money off of all these examples or if he's losing money but that's not the point.  The point is that these are clearly conflicts of interest.  I would think this would be common sense to the average person.

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It was true in the military, and its even worse in civilian business.

You see in the military there exists at all times a threat if you break chain of command, which is to say backdoor each other.....but in the civilian world that threat does not exist and people are ruthless.

I have served with and under good and bad, people have died as a result of bad leadership, its all too common. I like to think I can sniff out a good leader, but in truth people can be deceptive.

I would suggest that we dispense with any notion that we have to like our leaders, that this concept is how we measure them.  I submit that outcomes matter more than liking them. I see Trump as a dooshbag, always have, but if he delivers I can live with it.

I don't necessarily believe that we have to like our leaders but I think there should be some respect and I have very little respect for Trump.  He does very little to earn it in my opinion. 

I don't necessarily believe that we have to like our leaders but I think there should be some respect and I have very little respect for Trump.  He does very little to earn it in my opinion. 

You respect the position, not the man. You can hate the fock out of the man, but still respect because of the position held.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

You respect the position, not the man. You can hate the fock out of the man, but still respect because of the position held.

I don't even know how to respond to this one, so I won't say any more.

I’m reading back a few pages but confused about something. How is a situation where Trumps kids are running his other business relevant or some kind of corruption or conflict of interest? You’ve never heard of Joes tool shop being run by Joe jr while big Joe is away? 

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I just look at the facts we know and form opinions off of them.  I know he has control of hundreds of businesses in numerous countries.  I know that he stays at his resorts and he holds government events at them as well.  He has a national brand that is his name which can greatly benefit from his Presidency.  His own daughter has her own business ventures that can benefit from his Presidency as well.

I don't know if he's making a lot of money off of all these examples or if he's losing money but that's not the point.  The point is that these are clearly conflicts of interest.  I would think this would be common sense to the average person.

His business was a secret before he got elected? You want to act like he got into office and then started to make money.  That’s how many politicians do it, for sure. I have yet to see him do it.  Bringing even circumstantial evidence would be necessary to make that claim. Even someone of below average intelligence can figure that out. 

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’m reading back a few pages but confused about something. How is a situation where Trumps kids are running his other business relevant or some kind of corruption or conflict of interest? You’ve never heard of Joes tool shop being run by Joe jr while big Joe is away? 

It's MDC and Hawkeye, I'm blown away that people are even responding to those idiots.

Make sh!t up, backtrack, then whataboutisms. Same boring playbook and they look dumber with each attempt.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't even know how to respond to this one, so I won't say any more.

:cheers:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

His business was a secret before he got elected? You want to act like he got into office and then started to make money.  That’s how many politicians do it, for sure. I have yet to see him do it.  Bringing even circumstantial evidence would be necessary to make that claim. Even someone of below average intelligence can figure that out. 

What does conflict of interest mean?

8 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Remember how this started.  MDSho asserted that Trump's kids were simultaneously working in his administration AND running his businesses with him, which clearly would be unethical.  In fact, it would be illegal but he ignores that fact that most people would know.  When I called him out on it and he had no choice but to acknowledge his mistake, he moved the goalposts. 

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

Remember how this started.  MDSho asserted that Trump's kids were simultaneously working in his administration AND running his businesses with him, which clearly would be unethical.  In fact, it would be illegal but he ignores that fact that most people would know.  When I called him out on it and he had no choice but to acknowledge his mistake, he moved the goalposts. 

The obvious conflict of interest is that Trump is making money on businesses in the same countries he’s engaged in diplomacy with as president. We can talk about Trump charging the US taxpayer to house his secret service in his own properties if you want another example.

I don’t expect you’ll get it based on your standard issue deflections and whataboutisms though. :thumbsup: 

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What does conflict of interest mean?

It means Hunter Biden getting a job with a Ukraine oil company because his dad was VP of course. It definitely doesn’t mean Trump’s kids using Trump’s position as POTUS to manage Trump’s businesses and enrich Trump. 

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

The obvious conflict of interest is that Trump is making money on businesses in the same countries he’s engaged in diplomacy with as president. We can talk about Trump charging the US taxpayer to house his secret service in his own properties if you want another example.

I don’t expect you’ll get it based on your standard issue deflections and whataboutisms though. :thumbsup: 

That's not what started this tangent.  You asserted that Trump's kids were simultaneously working in his administration AND running his businesses.  Now you're moving the goalposts.  Do you deny what you asserted?

21 minutes ago, Strike said:

“MDSho”. Lol. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

That's not what started this tangent.  You asserted that Trump's kids were simultaneously working in his administration AND running his businesses.  Now you're moving the goalposts.  Do you deny what you asserted?

No I acknowledged it a post later? And said their managing his businesses is evidence of his corruption.

You following now?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

No I acknowledged it a post later? And said their managing his businesses is evidence of his corruption.

You following now?

So you went from an assertion that they were doing something that would not only be 100% unethical to any observer, but 100% illegal, to putting an opinion out there.  You're entitled to your opinion but you should acknowledge that for what it is, simply an opinion.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

So you went from an assertion that they were doing something that would not only be 100% unethical to any observer, but 100% illegal, to putting an opinion out there.  You're entitled to your opinion but you should acknowledge that for what it is, simply an opinion.

What he’s doing now is legal but unethical. I said it’s a conflict of interest. I didn’t say he committed a crime.

Why did you initially say it sucks before going on a full on defense? Why did Trump acknowledge that it looks bad and claim he wouldn’t conduct any new foreign businesses while POTUS if it doesn’t matter?

:dunno: 

I don’t see how it can be argued that there is some sort of conflict of interest with Trump being President and his family business. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Like MDC, you don't even know what cuck means.  Lefties like you shouldn't even try to use that word.  Anyway, your buddies at FBG are cucks, for reference.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don’t see how it can be argued that there is some sort of conflict of interest with Trump being President and his family business. 

TDS 

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Jesus, take your L and move on. Embarrassing.

Looks like Strike moved on. :thumbsup: 

30 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Like MDC, you don't even know what cuck means.  Lefties like you shouldn't even try to use that word.  Anyway, your buddies at FBG are cucks, for reference.

😢