Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Wasn’t that the day you said Trump’s financial interests look shady before saying there’s no conflict at all? :unsure: 

Link?

28 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How many people actually like Biden?  I’m not a fan. 

Yeah, guys like you are really convincing.  You and MDC will happily pull the lever for Biden in the Fall.

Okay so lets recap.

1.  The projections, which took into account social distancing, seem to be overstated.

2. With that said, the quarantine, I feel was warranted.  Overabundance of caution.   No Brainer.

3.  It's going to be very interesting to see the March and Aprils death data.  Heart disease, diabetes, pneumonia deaths will all be way down on average to other years / months.

4.  There will be a tiered approach to getting back out in public.  Through antibody testing,  temp taking, then eventually the curve will plateau.

5. Vaccine by end of year.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-italy-coronavirus-supplies-buy-back

After telling the world that it would donate masks, face guards and testing equipment to Italy, China quietly backtracked and sold the Mediterranean country desperately-needed medical equipment, according to a report.

What's worse is that the personal protective equipment (PPE) China forced Italy to buy was actually the same PPE Italy donated to China before coronavirus rushed its own shores and killed nearly 16,000 people.

21 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Yeah, guys like you are really convincing.  You and MDC will happily pull the lever for Biden in the Fall.

If I do vote for him it would be because I think he’s less terrible than Trump. Pretty much the same reason why Trump got elected.

If Trump could just shut his stupid pie hole and get us through this pandemic then maybe I could gain some respect for him and he’d get my vote. I have very little faith though. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

If I do vote for him it would be because I think he’s less terrible than Trump. Pretty much the same reason why Trump got elected.

If Trump could just shut his stupid pie hole and get us through this pandemic then maybe I could gain some respect for him and he’d get my vote. I have very little faith though. 

Yawn.

24 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

What else would you call it?  I'll take this as confirmation that you did.

Are you talking about me referencing this site on FBG?

Burglaries become trespassing or missing property. Stolen cars become “unauthorized use”. Assault 2’s (felony)  become Assault 3’s (misdemeanor). Sexual assault becomes sexual abuse. That’s how NYC rolls. Don’t think for a minute the same type of games aren’t going on during this. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Burglaries become trespassing or missing property. Stolen cars become “unauthorized use”. Assault 2’s (felony)  become Assault 3’s (misdemeanor). Sexual assault becomes sexual abuse. That’s how NYC rolls. Don’t think for a minute the same type of games aren’t going on during this. 

I was talking to two guys today who are officers in the local jail.  They said because of covid they had released to about a third of capacity.  Mind you, that's only 300ish but they said it's down to 130 or so.  It's good to know those idiots are all on the street now.

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I and a lot of people voted for Trump as the lesser of two evils.  But my vote in AZ didn't really matter.  Regardless, Trump was elected because his message resonated with the blue-collar democrats (largely union) in the rust belt.  I grew up there, I know these people.  They don't want handouts; they want manufacturing to come back so that they can work and earn an honest living.  I'm pretty confident that the democrats haven't quite come to grips with this yet; cognitive dissonance prevents it.  Instead their thinking is that all Trump voters are racist xenophobic misogynistic redneck idiots.  No dissonance with that belief.  :cheers:

12 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I was talking to two guys today who are officers in the local jail.  They said because of covid they had released to about a third of capacity.  Mind you, that's only 300ish but they said it's down to 130 or so.  It's good to know those idiots are all on the street now.

Yup. We are doing all we can to protect people then you see shite like this. They should at least have a monitor and be under strict house arrest. I don’t know if that’s how it’s working. Doubt it. 

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I and a lot of people voted for Trump as the lesser of two evils.  But my vote in AZ didn't really matter.  Regardless, Trump was elected because his message resonated with the blue-collar democrats (largely union) in the rust belt.  I grew up there, I know these people.  They don't want handouts; they want manufacturing to come back so that they can work and earn an honest living.  I'm pretty confident that the democrats haven't quite come to grips with this yet; cognitive dissonance prevents it.  Instead their thinking is that all Trump voters are racist xenophobic misogynistic redneck idiots.  No dissonance with that belief.  :cheers:

:cheers:

17 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I work in a jail but on a smaller scale. We had a guy get out and violate his restraining order causing him to be re-arrested. Since he was out, he goes straight back into isolation/quarantine for 14 days. He's a dumb fock and deserves it.

We have basically released 9 out of 10 inmates since our state went to quarantine.  They stay in holding cells alone until they see a judge via video, an get released with conditions. Except for total dooshes. 

20 minutes ago, fandandy said:

1 minute ago, joneo said:

I work in a jail but on a smaller scale. We had a guy get out and violate his restraining order causing him to be re-arrested. Since he was out, he goes straight back into isolation/quarantine for 14 days. He's a dumb fock and deserves it.

We have basically released 9 out of 10 inmates since our state went to quarantine.  They stay in holding cells alone until they see a judge via video, an get released with conditions. Except for total dooshes. 

Whooo! Hooo! Just in time! Still lots of great places that haven't been looted yet!

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This....and the fact we keep getting labled and called names e.g. racists, misogynists, deplorables etc...  Democrats learned absolutely NOTHING from the past election. In fact, they're doubling down on stupidity with all their shenanigans and the media pumping out BS.  Keep labeling  us and talking down to us. See where/what it gets you. 

9 hours ago, joneo said:

This....and the fact we keep getting labled and called names e.g. racists, misogynists, deplorables etc...  Democrats learned absolutely NOTHING from the past election. In fact, they're doubling down on stupidity with all their shenanigans and the media pumping out BS.  Keep labeling  us and talking down to us. See where/what it gets you. 

We have had a front row seat with the few wacko libs left here. They hate our country. We have the "worst healthcare in the world". They actually buy into all the garbage spit out by the media.  Trump has a real shot at winning all 50 states.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

We have had a front row seat with the few wacko libs left here. They hate our country. We have the "worst healthcare in the world". They actually buy into all the garbage spit out by the media.  Trump has a real shot at winning all 50 states.

I can't believe he could possibly turn NY or California. also, DC

7 minutes ago, joneo said:

I can't believe he could possibly turn NY or California. also, DC

Doesn't have to. Their delegates go to the national popular vote winner. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Doesn't have to. Their delegates go to the national popular vote winner. 

I had read about VA doing that.  What other states have done the same? 

14 hours ago, MDC said:

Wasn’t that the day you said Trump’s financial interests look shady before saying there’s no conflict at all? :unsure: 

Bump for MDSho..... Link?

18 minutes ago, DonS said:

I had read about VA doing that.  What other states have done the same? 

Nearly all the Libbies, if not all. The whining is going to be hysterical. You can bet that stupid law will be stricken by many state legislatures come December. 

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

You wont find a link, merely suspicious and supposition.....when you hate someone your confirmation bias takes the wheel.  And two things the MDC does with reckless abandon is use confirmation bias and hypocrisy.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

You wont find a link, merely suspicious and supposition.....when you hate someone your confirmation bias takes the wheel.  And two things the MDC does with reckless abandon is use confirmation bias and hypocrisy.

The link I'm requesting is to a statement MDC asserts I made.  He should be able to provide that if I in fact made that statement, right?

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

There you go. :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

There you go. :thumbsup: 

There I go what?  Where did I say anything about Trump's financial interests looking shady?  If you don't know what I mean when I make a statement you should ask for clarification. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

There I go what?  Where did I say anything about Trump's financial interests looking shady?  If you don't know what I mean when I make a statement you should ask for clarification. 

You said “on some level it sucks.” If it isn’t a conflict of interest then why does it suck? Why did Trump himself say it looks bad?

Why are we still arguing about this?

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

You said “on some level it sucks.” If it isn’t a conflict of interest then why does it suck? Why did Trump himself say it looks bad?

Why are we still arguing about this?

LOL I don't like being misrepresented.  We never would have even had this discussion but for you being so focking ignorant as to how Trump isolated himself from his business that you actually thought he was running his business with his kids from the White House, which would not only be unethical but would be illegal.

As far as the statement "on some level it sucks", the level is that retards like you have ammunition to say "see he's getting rich off the Presisdency" without ONE focking shred of proof.  Then, when you get the mistaken impression that he's still running his business from the WH and his kids are all there doing it with him, your TDS goes crazy.  And instead of reevaluating and saying "Hmmm maybe he's not" you double down, again without ONE shred of proof.  You just can't believe that maybe his business processes were well defined and he is comfortable putting the business in the hands of his kids for a few years while he does what he thinks is best for the country as President.   The fact that we're having this discussion validates my assertion that "it sucks on some level." 

Get back to me when you have proof that he's getting richer off being President.  Because all I've seen is many countries and businesses start to avoid Trump businesses because of his crassness, and the President himself donating his Presidential salary to various charities.  What President has ever donated his salary before?

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

LOL I don't like being misrepresented.  We never would have even had this discussion but for you being so focking ignorant as to how Trump isolated himself from his business that you actually thought he was running his business with his kids from the White House, which would not only be unethical but would be illegal.

As far as the statement "on some level it sucks", the level is that retards like you have ammunition to say "see he's getting rich off the Presisdency" without ONE focking shred of proof.  Then, when you get the mistaken impression that he's still running his business from the WH and his kids are all there doing it with him, your TDS goes crazy.  And instead of reevaluating and saying "Hmmm maybe he's not" you double down, again without ONE shred of proof.  You just can't believe that maybe his business processes were well defined and he is comfortable putting the business in the hands of his kids for a few years while he does what he thinks is best for the country as President.   The fact that we're having this discussion validates my assertion that "it sucks on some level." 

Get back to me when you have proof that he's getting richer off being President.  Because all I've seen is many countries and businesses start to avoid Trump businesses because of his crassness, and the President himself donating his Presidential salary to various charities.  What President has ever donated his salary before?

Cool. Feel better? 

I think some people need to review what conflict of interest means and then determine if that pertains to Trump as President.

I apologize for talking about this subject in this thread since it's not on topic.  I won't post about it in this thread anymore.

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

This is one reason why I like to go to FBG.  Out of 100 posters there, 96 of them are so whacked out left it's scary but there are a few that are decent.  If you really wanna see how bad the democratic party and liberalism is, spend a couple hours there.  It's utterly off the charts.

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

This is one reason why I like to go to FBG.  Out of 100 posters there, 96 of them are so whacked out left it's scary but there are a few that are decent.  If you really wanna see how bad the democratic party and liberalism is, spend a couple hours there.  It's utterly off the charts.

Their policies drove off on of the most intelligent and thoughtful posters there in DW.  Sorry, that place is a cesspool at this point.  It used to be more balanced but over the Obama and Trump administrations their speech nazi tactics basically killed the possibility of good discourse over there.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think some people need to review what conflict of interest means and then determine if that pertains to Trump as President.

I apologize for talking about this subject in this thread since it's not on topic.  I won't post about it in this thread anymore.

WTF would you have Trump do?  Sell off all his businesses to be President?  You aren't disqualified from being President simply because you're a successful businessman.  Heck, we should be happy that someone with real world experience wants that position.  If Jeff Bezos wants to be President does he have to sell Amazon? 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Their policies drove off on of the most intelligent and thoughtful posters, DW.  Sorry, that place is a cesspool at this point.  It used to be more balanced but over the Obama and Trump administrations their speech nazi tactics basically killed the possibility of good discourse over there.

I'm not terribly interested in discourse with them.  Occasionally.  I do however like to get a true feel for how they are thinking.  It's pretty messed up.  In my opinion of course

15 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are you talking about me referencing this site on FBG?

Back to naïve posting?  You just made fun of my use of the word "narc", now you don't know what that refers to?  It was a reference to you reporting Boston Lager, which someone else posted here.

43 minutes ago, Strike said:

Their policies drove off on of the most intelligent and thoughtful posters there in DW.  Sorry, that place is a cesspool at this point.  It used to be more balanced but over the Obama and Trump administrations their speech nazi tactics basically killed the possibility of good discourse over there.

And we don't want to see those policies transplanted here.

Just now, Casual Observer said:

And we don't want to see those policies transplanted here.

Did anyone suggest we did?  Not being *sh, just asking.  I didn't think anyone did.