Sign in to follow this  
MDC

V-Day plans?

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

The French waiter? Did your BIL set this up?

The Fock are you talking about? Don’t be a d1ck bro 

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Nothing on Friday.  Maybe do some dinner on Saturday night.  We have been married for 25 years, so Valentine's Day is not really that big of a deal now.

Same here. Actually celebrating it tonight. This is the only night we each got free with our work schedules. So dinner and a movie is on the agenda. Then lay some pipe afterwards.

I'll still do flowers on Friday though. I don't have a death wish.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Nothing on Friday.  Maybe do some dinner on Saturday night.  We have been married for 25 years, so Valentine's Day is not really that big of a deal now.

Yep, same here. After 25 yrs we don't do much aside from cards and maybe dinner.  I did actually buy a nice card ahead of time vs just grabbing a funny one the day before. 

I've never ordered anything from a FB ad, but when I saw the following I had to order it.  https://postimg.cc/RNqKDLw0

She'll get a kick out of that since she likes Jeff Goldblum for some reason. 

20 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Not sure if you're being serious or mocking it, but I eat at Olive Garden about 10 times a year. It's my daughter's favorite place to go.  And though I'm not crazy about their Italian food, I can eat four bowls of their Zupa Tuscana soup with breadsticks.  In other words, I'm never sad when she says she wants Olive Garden. 

My daughter loves it too. It’s the breadsticks. Plus they have that little game thing on the table. They know what they’re doing. I like the salad with the peppercinos. I usually get the “special”. If I want real Italian I’m surrounded by Italian joints.  Much like Outback, the beer is ice cold.  Because  I’m only having one, I have to make it count. I would drink the worst beer on earth if it’s ice cold. 

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

either 2 racks of lamb or 2 loins, trimmed

marinade:

2 tbs fennl seed

1 tbs sherry vin

3 tbs orange zest

1/4 c orange juice

1/4 c fresh mint, chopped

1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped

6 garlic cloves

1/4 c molasses

1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped

combine in food proceessor until it's a smooth paste. rub on lamb. refrigerate overnight.

harrisa sauce:

1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled

2 romas, roasted until skin is blackened

1 tsp whole cloves

1 tbs fennel seeds

1 tsp cumin seeds

6 garlic cloves

2 tbs hot smoked paprika

2 tbs crushed red pepper flakes

3 tbs ground red chile

juice of 1 orange

2 tbs sherry vin

2 tbs tomato puree

1 tbs tomato paste

1/4 c water

s&p to taste

heat a saute pan...add cloves ad fennel seeds. toast. remove from heat and add cumin seeds (heat from hot pan should be enough). grind this mixture. in food processor, puree peppers, tomatoes, and garlic into a paste. add everything and blend well. it should be a fairly thick paste.

so...can either sear on the grill and finish in the oven... or just roast for about 30 in a 375 oven. rest for 5-10 min. cut and serve with cous-cous and the harrisa.

Thanks, she loves middle eastern food, I'll show it to her.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I go to Outback because their beer is ice cold and I love the blue cheese salad. I get a small sirloin because there is no way in hell Im paying 30 dollars for a 6 oz filet and a few pieces of shrimp at an Outback. Longhorn blows away Texas Roadhouse. That place sucks. 

I've been to Outback numerous times and never had a good steak; it is always overcooked and tough.  I only go if a group is going these days, and I just get the ribs.  Longhorn is good.

Outback is “fine.” They usually have mahi mahi on the menu. That and a freezing cold 20 oz Fosters and I’m good.

Just now, MDC said:

Outback is “fine.” They usually have mahi mahi on the menu. That and a freezing cold 20 oz Fosters and I’m good.

I’d rather just get a blooming onion and a few other apps to go. Wife used to love their cheese fries but we got them last time and she said they tasted like sh1t. Haven’t been to longhorn in a while so I can’t really give a good assessment of it. 

7 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Chicken Marsala...or something like that.

... dinner last night

7 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Its the missus fave...

so easy

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Much like Outback, the beer is ice cold.  Because  I’m only having one, I have to make it count. I would drink the worst beer on earth if it’s ice cold. 

it's amazing how easy it is....but many places just can't get it right.

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I go to Outback because their beer is ice cold and I love the blue cheese salad. I get a small sirloin because there is no way in hell Im paying 30 dollars for a 6 oz filet and a few pieces of shrimp at an Outback. Longhorn blows away Texas Roadhouse. That place sucks. 

Went to Outback the other night.  My youngest got his license and he like Outback.  I can take it or leave it.  I wanted an IPA and they were out of the ones that I wanted, so they brought me a sample of the one they had.  It was warm.  I got a vodka and soda instead.  I want my beer cold.  

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Went to Outback the other night.  My youngest got his license and he like Outback.  I can take it or leave it.  I wanted an IPA and they were out of the ones that I wanted, so they brought me a sample of the one they had.  It was warm.  I got a vodka and soda instead.  I want my beer cold.  

That’s just brutal. If they ain’t getting the beer right then I’ll be done with them. I can get food just as good at a diner. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s just brutal. If they ain’t getting the beer right then I’ll be done with them. I can get food just as good at a diner. 

We go for the Bloomin' Onion.  I usually get a steak and I am disappointed because they are so thin.  I don't have high expectations, though.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We go for the Bloomin' Onion.  I usually get a steak and I am disappointed because they are so thin.  I don't have high expectations, though.  :lol:

Of course. I have the two little kids so Outback is one of my better options. We’ve stopped going out as much but my wife is going to school and working full time so she needs a beer once in a while too. Don’t like going to pubs with little kids and I like to glance at a game while eating. Outback has a pretty good TV set up. 

19 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Yea I don’t go for the steak anymore. They had a limited time tomahawk ribeye that I wanted to try but when we went they were sold out. So we just get a bunch of apps to go. Wife had never had a bloomin onion til we went last year. She fell in love with it lol 

On 2/11/2020 at 9:06 AM, Bier Meister said:

either 2 racks of lamb or 2 loins, trimmed

marinade:

2 tbs fennl seed

1 tbs sherry vin

3 tbs orange zest

1/4 c orange juice

1/4 c fresh mint, chopped

1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped

6 garlic cloves

1/4 c molasses

1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped

combine in food proceessor until it's a smooth paste. rub on lamb. refrigerate overnight.

harrisa sauce:

1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled

2 romas, roasted until skin is blackened

1 tsp whole cloves

1 tbs fennel seeds

1 tsp cumin seeds

6 garlic cloves

2 tbs hot smoked paprika

2 tbs crushed red pepper flakes

3 tbs ground red chile

juice of 1 orange

2 tbs sherry vin

2 tbs tomato puree

1 tbs tomato paste

1/4 c water

s&p to taste

heat a saute pan...add cloves ad fennel seeds. toast. remove from heat and add cumin seeds (heat from hot pan should be enough). grind this mixture. in food processor, puree peppers, tomatoes, and garlic into a paste. add everything and blend well. it should be a fairly thick paste.

so...can either sear on the grill and finish in the oven... or just roast for about 30 in a 375 oven. rest for 5-10 min. cut and serve with cous-cous and the harrisa.

Hey @Bier Meister I meant to tell you that my wife made your harrisa sauce to go with our lamb for V-day.  It was very tasty but a bit hot, so I used it sparingly to not overpower the lamb.  As luck would have it she made messican the next day and it was a great hot sauce for that as well.  Had leftovers for days, got plenty of use.

Here is a pic.  Sauce is in the separate dish.  Wine was Hall "Coeur" cab. https://imgur.com/a/QX2dwOh

She didn't do the rub because we aren't big on fennel (me) or mint (her).  She found a greek rub which was good.

Thanks for the recipe. :cheers:

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 4:41 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I live near the original Outback. They are still pretty good. Anytime I have went to a different one it wasn't as good. 

32 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Hey @Bier Meister I meant to tell you that my wife made your harrisa sauce to go with our lamb for V-day.  It was very tasty but a bit hot, so I used it sparingly to not overpower the lamb.  As luck would have it she made messican the next day and it was a great hot sauce for that as well.  Had leftovers for days, got plenty of use.

Here is a pic.  Sauce is in the separate dish.  Wine was Hall "Coeur" cab. https://imgur.com/a/QX2dwOh

She didn't do the rub because we aren't big on fennel (me) or mint (her).  She found a greek rub which was good.

Thanks for the recipe. :cheers:

Excellent..

yes, can be a little hot.  I have cut it with honey in the past.  

I love mint, but do not like fennel... still works well together.  

:cheers: