Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Coronavirus surges linked mostly to protests -- and proximity to US-Mexico border

The recent surges in U.S. coronavirus cases can be traced to two key factors -- crowds of protesters and proximity to the U.S.-Mexico border, Dr. Scott Atlas, a senior fellow at The Hoover Institution, said Saturday night.

Most of the cases in the Southwest -- California, Arizona and Texas -- are occuring in counties closest to the U.S.-Mexico border, Atlas told anchor Jon Scott during an appearance on on "Fox Report Weekend."

"When you look in the southern counties of California, Arizona and the bordering counties of Texas -- with the Mexico border -- these are where most of these cases are really exploding," Atlas said. "And then you look at the Mexico map and in Mexico, that's where their cases are. Their cases are in the northern border zone states. And it turns out the timeline here correlates much more to the Mexico timeline of increasing cases than anything else."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-atlas-coronavirus-surges-linked-mostly-to-protests-and-proximity-to-us-mexico-border

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nah, health experts said it was ok to protest.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Nah, health experts said it was ok to protest.

And liberals want the borders open. 

Woah, next you'll be saying a majority of of deaths were from nursing homes where governors placed covid patients.  

17 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Woah, next you'll be saying a majority of of deaths were from nursing homes where governors placed covid patients.  

Still playing this record?

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, MDC said:

Still playing this record?

Well, those people are still dead. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, those people are still dead. 

One would think an apolitical centrist would demand the truth.  Cuck sounds suspiciously like a lefty hack. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

You have no clue

Nursing homes and assisted living facilities account for up to 45% of all Covid deaths nationwide, not just in states with Democratic governors.

Link

HTH but I am sure it won’t. 😞 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Nursing homes and assisted living facilities account for up to 45% of all Covid deaths nationwide, not just in states with Democratic governors.

Link

HTH but I am sure it won’t. 😞 

What is it exactly within that article that you think helps your position?  :unsure:

The death rate (second chart) is extremely correlated to blue states.  And NY cheats and doesn't call it a nursing home death if the nursing home resident dies in the hospital.

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

What is it exactly within that article that you think helps your position?  :unsure:

The death rate (second chart) is extremely correlated to blue states.  And NY cheats and doesn't call it a nursing home death if the nursing home resident dies in the hospital.

45-50% of Covid deaths nationwide occur in LTC facilities with no correlation to the governor’s policies or party affiliation.

Get it? :dunno: 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, MDC said:

45-50% of Covid deaths nationwide occur in LTC facilities with no correlation to the governor’s policies or party affiliation.

Get it? :dunno: 

I get those words, what I'm struggling with is that the data in your link completely conflicts with your assertion regarding party affiliation.  Get it? :dunno:

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Protests, sure.

The border excuse is just laughable.

I agree. This whole flu crap is simply laughable. People need to get back to work.

And the president should keep people working on securing the border. 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

MDC won't get it. You have to take into account his low IQ when you address his concerns. 

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Protests, sure.

The border excuse is just laughable.

Why? They don’t have the Chinavirus in Mexico? Just saying stuff again? 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why? They don’t have the Chinavirus in Mexico? Just saying stuff again? 

Sure they do but we’re the one everyone else is trying to avoid. 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Wow.  Bunch of Americans stampeding to Mexico then?

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

yeah. no one wants into this country. :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Then why are there still apprehensions at the border? Yeah, you often just say stuff 

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

In terms of COVID. :rolleyes: Most cases in the world by a pretty healthy margin 

That is because India, Brazil, and Mexico are too poor to test their population the way we do in America, they may have more cases, but nobody knows. Europe can test, however the countries over there are much smaller in population.

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

In terms of COVID. :rolleyes: Most cases in the world by a pretty healthy margin 

Yeah, we suck. We were great once, 4 years ago, right? 

El Paso is exploding in cases and is a border town. The Mexicans are not social distancing according to my anecdotal evidence.

My brother in law's wife(a Mexican citizen) went to a wedding yesterday in El Paso where there were over half Mexican citizens. Nobody was wearing a mask, they were all hugging and if one person had it they will all catch it.

My brother in law is pretty upset. We had been quarantining for 2 weeks and we are in El Paso this week. We had plans to take vacation days and now those plans are ruined. We are staying with my wife's parents who are in their 70's and we cannot get them sick.

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, we suck. We were great once, 4 years ago, right? 

Try 70 years ago and just because we had the strategic advantage of being an ocean apart.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Try 70 years ago and just because we had the strategic advantage of being an ocean apart.

Someone should run on the platform of making America great again.

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah, the fighting men had nothing to do with it, they would have lost if they had to fight here. . And a country mobilizing to provide for the effort didn’t either. And rebuilding the world was no big deal. You’re brainwashed. Why do you hate everything good this country did and have to run it down? Daddy issues? 

56 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I get those words, what I'm struggling with is that the data in your link completely conflicts with your assertion regarding party affiliation.  Get it? :dunno:

Based on long-term care usage and demographics in the states that still do not report long-term care fatalities, we also estimate that, nationally, the share of fatalities from nursing home and residential care facilities is 45 percent, and 53 percent outside of New York State.

Why would a higher % of Covid deaths occur in LTC centers nationally if Cuomo’s policies are what killed the olds? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Why would a higher % of Covid deaths occur in LTC centers nationally if Cuomo’s policies are what killed the olds? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Wow. Holy stupid Batman! 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Your quote is saying that a shitton of people living in retirement facilities died in NY, but NY didn't count them because they didn't want to look terrible ERRR... technically they were transported to a hospital where they died.  If those deaths were included in the count, nationwide it would go up 8 points.  That's how astronomical the phayle was in NY.  HTH

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Your quote is saying that a shitton of people living in retirement facilities died in NY, but NY didn't count them because they didn't want to look terrible ERRR... technically they were transported to a hospital where they died.  If those deaths were included in the count, nationwide it would go up 8 points.  That's how astronomical the phayle was in NY.  HTH

Link.

The % of covid deaths in LTCs may be underreported in NY but I see no correlation here between red vs blue or policies. A high % of covid deaths occur in LTCs in every state. 

:dunno: 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, MDC said:

Link.

The % of covid deaths in LTCs may be underreported in NY but I see no correlation here between red vs blue or policies. A high % of covid deaths occur in LTCs in every state. 

:dunno: 

Can't read it, don't really care to.  I was referring to your original link which is what I commented on.  Second chart like I've already said, that's the important one because the first is somewhat lying with statistics.  Yes you are correct that a lot of deaths occur in LTCs in every state, but there is a large range if you look at the data in that chart.

I can't really think of why blue states would be worse for nursing homes to be honest.  Overall worse I could see, because blue states tend to have denser population centers.  Not sure how that correlates to nursing homes though; perhaps those are denser as well?  :dunno:

Mostly I'm sick of hearing that people in AZ are stupid when the clear correlations are recirculated air, proximity to Mexico, and a large number of retired people (and we didn't kill them all off early on).  I don't think our mostly peaceful protests were nearly as bad as other places so I don't see that here.

28 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I can't really think of why blue states would be worse for nursing homes to be honest.

According to my links they’re not. They just have a larger share of overall Covid cases. Check the NYT link. The % of covid deaths in nursing homes by state doesn’t vary much and doesn’t have any correlation to blue vs red states. That’s my point.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Mexico and Brazil are an ocean apart. They suck. So why is America special? 

• Thanks 1

Well I can't speak for every we're obviously, but from what I've read just today? Lot of these so-called surges off backlogged testing laboratories that are finally getting staffed up and are able to clear their backlog. So yeah, suddenly there are 250 extra cases in one day - from one lab. 

and, if they were really interested in the truth or some approximation of it? All they would have to do is report their findings by the date the sample was taken. Not by the date the test results came in.

By that token, I bet it'll be a Christmas miracle where we don't have a single covid death that day!

12 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Can't read it, don't really care to.  I was referring to your original link which is what I commented on. 

It's a lie because it's based on bad data.  Even in the link it says that anyone who died outside of a nursing home was not a nursing home death in NY, even if you caught it there and died in transport to the hospital.  And even then, the number is pretty much on 50%.