drobeski

Hows Wentz looking ?

Thank God they went to Hurts. Now I have a reason to watch the Eagles for the rest of the season. 

I’ll always appreciate Wentz for his role in getting the Eagles to SB52 but he’s broke.

Wildebeests have an easier time against the Pride than Wentz does against the pass rush. Wasn't there any way to buy him some time?

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Darius Slay looks good too. 

Hes over the hill, another waste of money for Philly.

This move works good too.  Now, if Tampa is smart, they give the Eagles a 6th round pick in 2021, 2022, and cap relief and the Eagles give the Bucs Wentz and a 2nd round pick in 2021 and 2023.

51 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This move works good too.  Now, if Tampa is smart, they give the Eagles a 6th round pick in 2021, 2022, and cap relief and the Eagles give the Bucs Wentz and a 2nd round pick in 2021 and 2023.

Cap relief isn’t as easy as you think it is and it’s never a whole lot.  Unless the other team throws in a hell of a lot more than a sixth rounder.  

16 hours ago, Reality said:

Obvious to see that Wentz was really holding this team back.

Would you trade him for Scam Newton?

Pretty evident that Super Bowl won in 2018 was a fluke. 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cap relief isn’t as easy as you think it is and it’s never a whole lot.  Unless the other team throws in a hell of a lot more than a sixth rounder.  

Here are the Eagles' options at the conclusion of the 2020 season....

• Release before June 1st
    • 2021 Dead Cap: $59M
    • 2021 Cap Savings: $-24.5M
  • Trade before June 1st
    • 2021 Dead Cap: $33.8M
    • 2021 Cap Savings: $850k
  • Release after June 1st
    • 2021 Dead Cap: $34.6M
    • 2022 Dead Cap: $24.5M
    • 2021 Cap Savings: $-2M
  • Trade after June 1st
    • 2021 Dead Cap: $9.2M
    • 2021 Cap Savings: $25.4M

They can't cut Wentz without getting killed on the cap.  They'll either get hit with $59M next season, or split that up over 2 seasons.  By trading Wentz, they'll only get hit with about 57% of that, so I'd think that $25M is a pretty substantial amount of cap relief.  In 2017, the Broncos gave up a 6th and a 2nd round pick along with Osweiler for a 4th round pick... to save $17M.  I'm thinking the team taking on $25M should be able to get more and give less.  Maybe a 2nd and a 4th for a couple of 6's.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Pretty evident that Super Bowl won in 2018 was a fluke. 

I see it as equivalent to the Ravens in 2001 when they won with Dilfer.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Nah. They were the best team that year and continued to have success. They didn’t crater like this. 

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Here are the Eagles' options at the conclusion of the 2020 season....

• Release before June 1st
    • 2021 Dead Cap: $59M
    • 2021 Cap Savings: $-24.5M
  • Trade before June 1st
    • 2021 Dead Cap: $33.8M
    • 2021 Cap Savings: $850k
  • Release after June 1st
    • 2021 Dead Cap: $34.6M
    • 2021 Cap Savings: $-2M
  • Trade after June 1st
    • 2021 Dead Cap: $9.2M
    • 2021 Cap Savings: $25.4M

They can't cut Wentz without getting killed on the cap.  They'll either get hit with $59M next season, or split that up over 2 seasons.  By trading Wentz, they'll only get hit with about 57% of that, so I'd think that $25M is a pretty substantial amount of cap relief.  In 2017, the Broncos gave up a 6th and a 2nd round pick along with Osweiler for a 4th round pick... to save $17M.  I'm thinking the team taking on $25M should be able to get more and give less.  Maybe a 2nd and a 4th for a couple of 6's.

You know the salary cap is going down right? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nah. They were the best team that year and continued to have success. They didn’t crater like this. 

The Eagles were the best team that year. Who was better? 

The Eagles were 18-14 making the playoffs the next 2 seasons and lost all of their coaches and assistants.  The Ravens made the playoffs once and went 17-15 and kept all of their coaches.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Did you watch the super bowl?  Foles had an all time great performance.  And the defense did nothing.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You know the salary cap is going down right? 

Which means the savings is even more substantial.

During the Eagles SB season they were 7th in total O, 4th in total D, 1st in takeaways and turnover differential, 1st in time of possession, and had PFF’s 1st and 3rd ranked O and D lines.

People who say their win was a fluke are morons.

HTH

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Did you watch the super bowl?  Foles had an all time great performance.  And the defense did nothing.

Brady had a better game than Foles and their defense apparently didn't do anything either.

Just now, MDC said:

During the Eagles SB season they were 7th in total O, 4th in total D, 1st in takeaways and turnover differential, 1st in time of possession, and had PFF’s 1st and 3rd ranked O and D lines.

People who say their win was a fluke are morons.

HTH

Agreed.  They were a great team, even without Wentz.  It wasnt a fluke win, it was then Wentz was good because of the team, not the other way around.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Agreed.  They were a great team, even without Wentz.  It wasnt a fluke win, it was then Wentz was good because of the team, not the other way around.

LOL, yeah, "great" is the word that comes to mind when I hear.... Blount, Clement, Ajayi, Jeffrey, Agoholor, and Torrey Smith.

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The Eagles were the best team that year. Who was better? 

The Eagles were 18-14 making the playoffs the next 2 seasons and lost all of their coaches and assistants.  The Ravens made the playoffs once and went 17-15 and kept all of their coaches.

The Ravens were and have been a prominent contender for most of the 20 years since that Super Bowl. Never cratered. Eagles got lucky on that Diggs play to beat NO. They ne er beat the Saints that year. Never. Then again, never say never. Lol. 

The Ravens were and have been a prominent contender for most of the 20 years since that Super Bowl. Never cratered. Eagles got lucky on that Diggs play to beat NO. They ne er beat the Saints that year. Never. 

LOL, ok.

LOL, yeah, "great" is the word that comes to mind when I hear.... Blount, Clement, Ajayi, Jeffrey, Agoholor, and Torrey Smith.

TEAM motherfocker TEAM.  Speak English? 

Not great group of individual talents, like what you got in TB now.

LOL, ok.

Hint: I despise the Eagles. More than the Cowboys and Redskins combined. I acknowledge this. Consider this when I speak of them. I respect the Red Sox and Cowboys. The Eagles are filth with no redeeming qualities. 

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

TEAM motherfocker TEAM.  Speak English? 

Not great group of individual talents, like what you got in TB now.

LOL, you're just too stupid for my time.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hint: I despise the Eagles. More than the Cowboys and Redskins combined. I acknowledge this. Consider this when I speak of them. I respect the Red Sox and Cowboys. The Eagles are filth with no redeeming qualities. 

That makes more sense then.  LOL

:cheers:

You're not going to win points with me by bringing up the Saints, who find a way to sabotage their own season every year.  

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

That makes more sense then.  LOL

:cheers:

You're not going to win points with me by bringing up the Saints, who find a way to sabotage their own season every year.  

I never really liked them much myself. Payton gets way too much credit and gets too cute at times and I’ve always sensed Brees was a phony. He confirmed it this year. 

I never really liked them much myself. Payton gets way too much credit and gets too cute at times and I’ve always sensed Brees was a phony. He confirmed it this year. 

Payton is great at utilizing his players best assets.  Last year and this year... with Bridgewater and Hill, they're 8-0, as to which I think you're implying with Brees being a phony, so I agree to an extent.  Payton got there in 2006.  There has never been a dominant team in the NFL during his time.  If he/they were that great, they would have more than 8 playoff appearances in 14 seasons and more than 1 SB appearance.  So I would say that they are both overrated, but definitely worthy of some praise.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Payton is great at utilizing his players best assets.  Last year and this year... with Bridgewater and Hill, they're 8-0, as to which I think you're implying with Brees being a phony, so I agree to an extent.  Payton got there in 2006.  There has never been a dominant team in the NFL during his time.  If he/they were that great, they would have more than 8 playoff appearances in 14 seasons and more than 1 SB appearance.  So I would say that they are both overrated, but definitely worthy of some praise.

They have been fun to watch, I’ll say that. Lost a lot of big games though, a lot. 

They made the right call. I don’t expect Hurts will be “good” but he’ll be better than Carson and this gives me a reason to watch on Sunday.

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

They made the right call. I don’t expect Hurts will be “good” but he’ll be better than Carson and this gives me a reason to watch on Sunday.

he can at least use his mobility behind that attrocious line

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

he can at least use his mobility behind that attrocious line

Yep. The line is missing 4 projected starters including two Pro Bowlers. They’ve been awful all year and Wentz is indecisive and can’t make plays with his legs. Hurts is going to struggle but he can’t be worse.

I've watched all the film on Wentz and he is just terrible.  The line is not good, the WR are not good, but there are plays to be had, and Hurts can make those plays, Wentz cannot.