drobeski

Hows Wentz looking ?

4 hours ago, edjr said:

Eagles winning the super bowl with Pedo/Foles is a bigger shock than Buster Douglas

Drobs must have cried more than election night.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Nah, was in Georgia,  got 18 in. Was a good time. 

6!

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Drobs must have cried more than that morning he woke up and realized his neck disappeared.

Just now, drobeski said:

All at once? What was his name?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

6!

Go to Dallas when you get a chance. But ask someone who actually went there about it.  

there is hope Philly, at least he's not RG3 :o

I just saw this meme but was unable to share it, so I had to write it out, keep in mind Dak's been out for 6 weeks I do believe.

In 2 more games Wentz will finally catch up to Dak in total games started. We will finally be able to have an apples to apples comparison.

To catch Dak Wentz needs....

902 yards

9 TDs

10 fewer INTs

24 Less Fumbles

good luck!

20 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I just saw this meme but was unable to share it, so I had to write it out, keep in mind Dak's been out for 6 weeks I do believe.

In 2 more games Wentz will finally catch up to Dak in total games started. We will finally be able to have an apples to apples comparison.

To catch Dak Wentz needs....

902 yards

9 TDs

10 fewer INTs

24 Less Fumbles

good luck!

That should actually tell you how much better Wentz is than Dak.  Dak had the best OL in the league in every season and Wentz never had an elite bell cow back or a true WR1.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That should actually tell you how much better Wentz is than Dak.  Dak had the best OL in the league in every season and Wentz never had an elite bell cow back or a true WR1.

This is a perfect example of the difference between fact/fiction, reality/perception. These offensive line rankings were not projections, these were end of season rankings - the real story. 

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

3 of the 4 years (from 2016-2019) Philly's line was better than Dallas'.... Dak is not elite, but I'd gladly take him over Wentz. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

This is a perfect example of the difference between fact/fiction, reality/perception. These offensive line rankings were not projections, these were end of season rankings - the real story. 

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17

3 of the 4 years (from 2016-2019) Philly's line was better than Dallas'.... Dak is not elite, but I'd gladly take him over Wentz. 

Just a heads up. you have 2016 in there twice... missing 2019, not important though as I get your point.

I never said that the Eagle OLine was bad.  It wasn't until this year, but as I said, the Cowboys/Dak always had Zeke and Cooper... Wentz had nothing of the sort.  From 2016-2019, Dallas' record when Zeke rushes for 100 yards... 22-4 and 14-16 when he doesn't.  Elliott missed 8 games in his first 3 seasons, the Cowboys were 4-4.  So, without Elliott, Dak and the Cowboys are about a .500 team.

In 2018, when the Dallas OLine dropped in the rankings, the team was 5-1 when Elliott ran for 100 yards... 5-5 when he didn't.

Wentz had a different lead back almost every year.  He had Ryan Matthews, Legarett Blount, Jay Ajai, and Miles Sanders as his lead backs from 2016 through 2019... a different guy every year.  He had guys like Smallwood, Howard, Clement, and Josh Adams all have at least 5 starts.  From 2016 to 2019, the Eagles were 5-1 when a RB ran for 100 yards (when Wentz played), and 27-24 when they didn't.  Even though Wentz's winning % is higher than Dak's (14-16), without a 100 yard rusher (.529 to .467), that's not really as important as the count.  Dak had a 100 yard rusher (in games with Zeke), 26 times... Wentz had SIX.  Also notice, that Dak had 30 games without a 100 yard rusher... Wentz had 51.

Dak's Top WR's:

• 2016: Cole Beasley & Dez Bryant:  125 rec / 1629 yards / 13 TD
  • 2017: Dez Bryant & Terrance Williams: 122 / 1406 / 6
  • 2018: Amari Cooper (9 games), & Cole Beasley: 118 / 1397 / 9
  • 2019: Amari Cooper & Michael Gallup: 145 / 2296 / 14

Wentz's Top WR's:

• 2016: Jordan Matthews  & Nelson Agholor: 109 / 1169 / 5
  • 2017: Alshon Jeffery & Nelson Agholor: 119 / 1557 / 17
  • 2018: Alshon Jeffery (13 games) & Nelson Agholor: 129 / 1579 / 10
  • 2019: Alshon Jeffery (10 games) & Nelson Agholor (11 games): 82 / 853 / 7

Given the talent of the supporting cast, the fact that at most, Dak will have only 7 more wins, I'll take Wentz every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Just a heads up. you have 2016 in there twice... missing 2019, not important though as I get your point.

I never said that the Eagle OLine was bad.  It wasn't until this year, but as I said, the Cowboys/Dak always had Zeke and Cooper... Wentz had nothing of the sort.  

My apologies, in 2019 - Phill ranked #1. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

There is debate on who had better skill position players - Zeke for sure was better, the rest... Well the argument could be (also) made that Dak is what made them better.

But the crux of this was offensive line superiority. You hung your hat on, made a big deal about, Dallas having the better one. That was clearly inaccurate, you got caught - and are now trying to dismiss it as meaningless.

45 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

My apologies, in 2019 - Phill ranked #1. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

There is debate on who had better skill position players - Zeke for sure was better, the rest... Well the argument could be (also) made that Dak is what made them better.

But the crux of this was offensive line superiority. You hung your hat on, made a big deal about, Dallas having the better one. That was clearly inaccurate, you got caught - and are now trying to dismiss it as meaningless.

Not really, in my very initial post, I specifically included Zeke and the skill position players.  I never once said it was solely because of the OLine.  You even quoted my initial post where I said "and Wentz never had an elite bell cow back or a true WR1."

Im more up on Dak than most Eagles fans. Prior to this year I’d put him and Wentz both in the Top 10-12 range. I do think Dak has had a much better supporting cast at the skill positions. The OLs have been comparable.

And young Daniel Jones with no weapons or offensive line sits in first place. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not really, in my very initial post, I specifically included Zeke and the skill position players.  I never once said it was solely because of the OLine.  You even quoted my initial post where I said "and Wentz never had an elite bell cow back or a true WR1."

There's a reason you (wrongly) made mention of the line superiority, you led in fact with it - it was the cornerstone of your argument. 

10 hours ago, Cruzer said:

There's a reason you (wrongly) made mention of the line superiority, you led in fact with it - it was the cornerstone of your argument. 

No, that's you just creating a narrative that you want to create.  I did nothing of the sort... it was in the SAME SENTENCE!

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And young Daniel Jones with no weapons or offensive line sits in first place. 

The tallest midget is still a midget.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Everyone is 0-0 in the playoffs. Tampa wants no part of the NYG. Especially in The Meadowlands. You know this. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Everyone is 0-0 in the playoffs. Tampa wants no part of the NYG. Especially in The Meadowlands. You know this. 

The NYG should have beaten TB once this year already.  Brady doesn't want to face the Giants.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The NYG should have beaten TB once this year already.  Brady doesn't want to face the Giants.

He never does. Imagine the pressure though, on him getting knocked out by them, again?  Now imagine a nice January day. Oh boy. They better hope Wentz gets his act together. Dallas is hopeless. Giants have a crazy tough schedule coming up though.  

42 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Seriously. The NFCE winner gets a home field ass kicking and a pick in the late first. Everyone else gets a Top 10 draft pick. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Seriously. The NFCE winner gets a home field ass kicking and a pick in the late first. Everyone else gets a Top 10 draft pick. 

I'll always trade a top 10 pick for a playoff berth

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I'll always trade a playoff berth for a top 10 pick.

I would if I felt like my team had a puncher’s chance at making a run. Maybe the Giants can argue that playoff experience for Jones is worth it. No other NFCE team gains anything by making the postseason this year.

The last two times a team with a losing record made the playoffs they won. The other two times was the strike year. I don’t count that. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I would if I felt like my team had a puncher’s chance at making a run. Maybe the Giants can argue that playoff experience for Jones is worth it. No other NFCE team gains anything by making the postseason this year.

Well the whole point of the league is to win, so i'll never want my team to lose to get a better draft pick.  I just can't see that logic.  Gimmie a playoff game.

• Like 1

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Well the whole point of the league is to win, so i'll never want my team to lose to get a better draft pick.  I just can't see that logic.  Gimmie a playoff game.

The Eagles stand to gain nothing from making the postseason this year. I’ll take the Top 5 pick. When I’m watching the games I always root for a win. But getting a difference maker at the top of the draft is better for their long term future.

Give me 3-12-1. :thumbsup: 

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Exactly.  You play to win the game. If the game means anything. But I would have rather have lost the last game last year and drafted chase young. In the beginning of the year I was all in on losing. But I had no idea Dallas and Philly would crater like this. Dallas had bad luck and Philly is just bad. 

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They'll have no problems.  I'm certainly not worried.  The game after that though, who knows.  Bowles needs to adjust his system or at least make in-game adjustments sooner.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

They'll have no problems.  I'm certainly not worried.  The game after that though, who knows.  Bowles needs to adjust his system or at least make in-game adjustments sooner.

Not yet. I need him to stand there like a mute while his D gets carved up. Plan on using Brady in one league in the playoffs.  Bowles is horrible. And Arians is no help. 

26 minutes ago, MDC said:

The Eagles stand to gain nothing from making the postseason this year. I’ll take the Top 5 pick. When I’m watching the games I always root for a win. But getting a difference maker at the top of the draft is better for their long term future.

Give me 3-12-1. :thumbsup: 

Given the recent Eagles draft history, you're not gonna get a difference maker.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Given the recent Eagles draft history, you're not gonna get a difference maker.

You’re more likely to get a difference maker at ( than 21 and I’m assuming the Eagles fire Howie or at the very least hire a director of player personnel. HTH

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Right now, the Cowboys are at 4, the Eagles at 6, Redskins at 8, and the Giants at 19.

What's funnier, I think all 4 teams are going to lose this week...

Dallas @ Baltimore

Eagles @ Green Bay

Redskins @ Pittsburgh

Giants @ Seattle

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Right now, the Cowboys are at 4, the Eagles at 6, Redskins at 8, and the Giants at 19.

Eagles still play the Cowboys and WFT. Cowboys still play the Giants and Eagles. WFT still plays the Eagles. Someone has to win those games.  Hard to see that order holding up. The only game right now I can see the Eagles winning is the cowboy game. Giants have it tough as well, with only the Cowboy game as a win right now. The rest is Seattle, Arizona, Baltimore and Cleveland. I would put the WFT as the favorite to win the division right now. The finish with Carolina and Dallas. 6 may do it. 

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eagles still play the Cowboys and WFT. Cowboys still play the Giants and Eagles. WFT still plays the Eagles. Someone has to win those games.  Hard to see that order holding up. The only game right now I can see the Eagles winning is the cowboy game. Giants have it tough as well, with only the Cowboy game as a win right now. The rest is Seattle, Arizona, Baltimore and Cleveland. I would put the WFT as the favorite to win the division right now. The finish with Carolina and Dallas. 6 may do it. 

Correct, it won't end up 4, 6, 8, but they'll all probably be in the top 10.  Look at their schedules.  I agree with you and think that every team in that division could be at 6 wins and less.  I do think the Giants have the best chance at 7.  I'm not so sure how good the Ravens and Cardinals are.  The Giants may beat one of them.

• The Giants play the Seahawks, Cardinals, Browns, Ravens, and Cowboys
    • Let's call them 2-3 (winning the home games against the Browns and the Cowboys)
  • The Eagles play the Packers, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, and Redskins
    • Let's call them 1-4 (winning the home game vs Washington)
  • The Cowboys play the Ravens, Bengals, 49ers, Eagles, and Giants.
    • Let's call them 2-3 (winning the Bengals and Eagles games).
  • The Redskins play the Steelers, 49ers, Seahawks, Panthers, & Eagles
    • Let's call them 1-4 (winning the home game vs the Panthers)

Final records... Giants 6-10, Dallas 5-11, Redskins 5-11, Eagles 4-11-1

Since 2010, there's only been 2 seasons where there were 8 teams with less than 6 wins, the rest had 7, with one year there was 6.  Odds are, there won't be more than 10 this year.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Correct, it won't end up 4, 6, 8, but they'll all probably be in the top 10.  Look at their schedules.  I agree with you and think that every team in that division could be at 6 wins and less.  I do think the Giants have the best chance at 7.  I'm not so sure how good the Ravens and Cardinals are.  The Giants may beat one of them.

• The Giants play the Seahawks, Cardinals, Browns, Ravens, and Cowboys
    • Let's call them 2-3 (winning the home games against the Browns and the Cowboys)
  • The Eagles play the Packers, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, and Redskins
    • Let's call them 1-4 (winning the home game vs Washington)
  • The Cowboys play the Ravens, Bengals, 49ers, Eagles, and Giants.
    • Let's call them 2-3 (winning the Bengals and Eagles games).
  • The Redskins play the Steelers, 49ers, Seahawks, Panthers, & Eagles
    • Let's call them 1-4 (winning the home game vs the Panthers)

Final records... Giants 6-10, Dallas 5-11, Redskins 5-11, Eagles 4-11-1

Since 2010, there's only been 2 seasons where there were 8 teams with less than 6 wins, the rest had 7, with one year there was 6.  Odds are, there won't be more than 10 this year.

I’ll take it! 

11 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No, that's you just creating a narrative that you want to create.  I did nothing of the sort... it was in the SAME SENTENCE!

You crawfished, it's cool. 

At the end of the day we're on the same side... You'd rather have Wentz, and I'd gladly give him to you. 👍

Jalen Hurts in...I was hoping the Packers would draft him as a backup this year, thought third round would be ideal. Was surprised the Eagles took him in the 2nd. Was less of a surprise than the Packers taking Love in the first. :rolleyes: