Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Kittle expected to be out 8 weeks

Reed suffered his 6th documented concussion. He initially tried to play through the injury, but entered the protocol following the game. ...

August 2019: In the team's third preseason game, Reed suffered the 7th documented concussion of his football career after being struck by Falcons' safety Keanu Neal.

The guy and/or his wife must like to spend money. Did a little research & found he signed a contract in 2016 worth 40 million... with 22 million guaranteed.

It's the Internet so you never know if it's accurate, but a net worth search said he's 'only' worth $4 million now.

That's an ungodly amount to some people, but to Reed & his wife, apparently it's not much.

Why else would you take a chance after you've already had 7 documented concussions ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

Reed suffered his 6th documented concussion. He initially tried to play through the injury, but entered the protocol following the game. ...

August 2019: In the team's third preseason game, Reed suffered the 7th documented concussion of his football career after being struck by Falcons' safety Keanu Neal.

The guy and/or his wife must like to spend money. Did a little research & found he signed a contract in 2016 worth 40 million... with 22 million guaranteed.

It's the Internet so you never know if it's accurate, but a net worth search said he's 'only' worth $4 million now.

That's an ungodly amount to some people, but to Reed & his wife, apparently it's not much.

Why else would you take a chance after you've already had 7 documented concussions ?

I agree , he needs to retire. 

Dropping. Have Goedert for ROS after his bye this week, but will have to get a stop-gap for week 9.

Is Reed expected back this week?

15 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Is Reed expected back this week?

Rotoworld

49ers designated TE Jordan Reed (knee) to return from injured reserve.

Reed went down in Week 3 with a knee sprain that was expected to cost him 6-8 weeks. He seems to be making good progress. The 49ers now have 21 days to activated Reed or shut him down for the year.

Oct 28, 2020, 1:26 PM ET
  •  

• Thanks 1

The only thing you really can hope for with Reed is that he gets hurt late in the game, after he's scored you a TD or two, rather than in the first quarter, leaving you with 1/5/0 from your TE that week.

Only  thing one can hope for, is that J Reed playes the whole game.  

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

The only thing you really can hope for with Reed is that he gets hurt late in the game, after he's scored you a TD or two, rather than in the first quarter, leaving you with 1/5/0 from your TE that week.

Can't argue that....he's earned his reputation.

I'm leaning towards dropping him.  Even when he played he had 1 monster game and 1 good game, outside of that he was mediocre.  

Why has there been no action on this? He still hasn’t been placed on IR - either 3-week or season ending. 

3 minutes ago, Busboy said:

Who's the replacement for Kittle off the WW?  Ebron, Reed, Tonyan, Gesicki?

Best matchup. 

On 11/3/2020 at 9:13 AM, Busboy said:

Who's the replacement for Kittle off the WW?  Ebron, Reed, Tonyan, Gesicki?

Tonyan. 

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Tonyan. 

I would disagree,  He’s avg 3.5 points per game non ppr his last four games.  

Just stream. 

On 11/2/2020 at 4:15 PM, easilyscan said:

Did you ever see the post where someone found Andrew McCutchen's pay stub?  His net pay was literally half of his gross pay.  If he saw all $40M of that contract, before it hit his bank account, the government took at least $20M.  Then you have the agent/accountant costs, union dues, etc.  After all of that crap was paid and you factor in money for charitable donations and what not (because most players generally give a lot of money for that stuff... and not 100% of it can be written off), I'm thinking his final take home pay was about 25% of the gross.  Now, I'm not saying that's nothing small, but $10M doesn't go as far as $40M.  

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Did you ever see the post where someone found Andrew McCutchen's pay stub?  His net pay was literally half of his gross pay.  If he saw all $40M of that contract, before it hit his bank account, the government took at least $20M.  Then you have the agent/accountant costs, union dues, etc.  After all of that crap was paid and you factor in money for charitable donations and what not (because most players generally give a lot of money for that stuff... and not 100% of it can be written off), I'm thinking his final take home pay was about 25% of the gross.  Now, I'm not saying that's nothing small, but $10M doesn't go as far as $40M.  

Agreed, & believe it or not, when I hear people complain about what athletes make, I bring up many of the same points you did.

He was picked up in my league, place on ir. 

I don’t like having ir spot in ff leagues.