Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

I'm satisfied with the outcome

3 hours ago, jonmx said:

Reagan understood that immigration is both neccessary and a positive for this country as long as you control it and if you get hardworking people who contribute to our economy.  Trump is far too extreme anti-immigration.  Trump's policies are the long term death to our economy as our aging population is not going to be supported if we have a shrinking workforce.  See Japan for decades of stagnation as an example.  Not that the leftist open-borders let all the gang-bangers and welfare queens in is good thing.  We need policies which encourage a healthy number of youthful immigrants who contribute to society to immigrate legally here.  Neither side is on the right track.  Being staunch anti-immigrant stance was never a conservative thing, but a Trump populist policy.  

Oh fock off. Ronald Reagan was a libertarian who amnestied millions of illegals, turned California blue forever and put the Bush family in the White House. I hope one day we have a Republican party that runs from the name "Ronald Reagan" and his horrible legacy.

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

Eh.  It's a short term change that will almost definitely be reversed by Biden.  But you have to look at the categories and the reasons he restricted immigration.  He restricted groups that we have seen issues with over the last couple of decades, that we can't properly vet, and that are taking jobs from Americans via one of the various Visa systems congress has rammed through and are massively abused.  I have no problem with that.

Trump made it clear he is in favor of a merit based immigration system.  He has not indicated that he is in favor of limiting/eliminating legal immigration.  Of course, the Dems don't want to have a conversation about comprehensive immigration reform that would benefit the country.  They just want immigration that boosts their voter rolls.

Muslims and others from third world sh!tholes have no merit.

5 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Your view of the economy assumes it can't grow.  You create jobs by bringing more qualified workers into the workforce.  Certainly Dems want to bring in a bunch of welfare dependant immigrants who certainly will vote Democrat.   But smart immigration policy brings in hard working and talented people who will add to economic growth, not ones looking for a free ride.  Our aging population is working against us and we will run into a brick wall with such strict anti-immigration policies.  

We don't need more jobs, we need more quality jobs and you don't achieve that by importing third world focks who will accept pennies on the dollar for what an educated American would. Dumbass.

7 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Your view of the economy assumes it can't grow.  You create jobs by bringing more qualified workers into the workforce.  Certainly Dems want to bring in a bunch of welfare dependant immigrants who certainly will vote Democrat.   But smart immigration policy brings in hard working and talented people who will add to economic growth, not ones looking for a free ride.  Our aging population is working against us and we will run into a brick wall with such strict anti-immigration policies.  

I'm fine with this.  Secure our border and bring in those who will benefit us, and quit bringing in those we don't need that are a drain on society.  I believe Trump would be fine with all of that.  Get the Dems on board and we'll have a deal.  If I have to pick between cutting down in immigration as a byproduct of making our country more secure, which is essentially what Trump has done, I'm fine with it.  Your assertion that Trump is "anti-immigration" is disingenuous. 

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/11/05/wait-republicans-actually-chance-winning-house/

Don't know how much is true, just have to wait to see the fact checking from snopes and other crappy locations, but:

416 House races appear decided
Democrats 212
Republicans 204 (+10)

19 Seats remain, GOP lead in 10

To win 218 (and House majority), GOP would need to win all the districts they are leading in, plus:
CA-25
GA-07
PA-17
UT-04

— Adrian Gray (@adrian_gray) November 5, 2020

The problem that GOP has, a number of the CD's they currently lead in (ie, NY-03, NJ-02) are likely to break away from them.

Any path to GOP House is also not at all likely. It looks like they will end up with 209-214 seats.
(The latter resulting in smallest House majority since New Deal).

8 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

We don't need more jobs, we need more quality jobs and you don't achieve that by importing third world focks who will accept pennies on the dollar for what an educated American would. Dumbass.

Amazing people who think they are informed pimp that nonsense despite what the reality is. Gee, I wonder why Disney got rid of the American IT personnel and brought in third world grubs? Diversity? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm fine with this.  Secure our border and bring in those who will benefit us, and quit bringing in those we don't need that are a drain on society.  I believe Trump would be fine with all of that.  Get the Dems on board and we'll have a deal.  If I have to pick between cutting down in immigration as a byproduct of making our country more secure, which is essentially what Trump has done, I'm fine with it.  Your assertion that Trump is "anti-immigration" is disingenuous. 

Did you even vote for Trump?

6 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Wow....Ok.  That was interesting.  Why would I SAY I wanted John James to win if I didn't want him to win??  What's the game there exactly?

That's weird.

Also, you understand that this has been well documented to be a lightly trafficked fantasy football board and whatever "shilling" you think I am doing would have zero impact on the election right?  

I get you're angry man. And what's a "backpiller"?

Wow, OK.  Why would you reject a Presidential candidate and pick a Senate candidate that has the same views as the Presidential candidate?  What exactly were you doing when you started a thread on your presidential pick on this lightly-trafficked backwater?  You guys can't help yourselves, no matter what site you're on.  Are you happy about the indications of fraud and weird election proceedings in several states that are usually practiced in banana republics with fraudulent elections?  There are a lot of confused and stupid people on this site.  Are you one of them?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This might work out in the long run if the Republicans can hold the Senate...

The House is getting closer to 50/50...  The SCOTUS is 6-3 favorite...  If the Senate stays red, there is no chance for "court stacking"...

Then come the 2022 midterms, the current party that holds the WH most of the time loses some seats in Congress...  Maybe that can be used to solidify the Senate and maybe gain control of the House, so Biden (or Harris) will struggle to get things done, which isn't a bad thing...

13 minutes ago, posty said:

This might work out in the long run if the Republicans can hold the Senate...

The House is getting closer to 50/50...  The SCOTUS is 6-3 favorite...  If the Senate stays red, there is no chance for "court stacking"...

Then come the 2022 midterms, the current party that holds the WH most of the time loses some seats in Congress...  Maybe that can be used to solidify the Senate and maybe gain control of the House, so Biden (or Harris) will struggle to get things done, which isn't a bad thing...

Executive orders. 

22 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

It’s already happening to some extent now. I’m now looking to move even more rural. I don’t want to be with 100 miles of a colored person. 

Pssst...They don't like to be called that. 

20 hours ago, Strike said:

What has Trump done to deter/prevent LEGAL immigration?

By next year, Donald Trump will have reduced legal immigration by 49% since becoming president. That will have significant repercussions for the nation’s economic growth, according to a new analysis. The cuts to legal immigration have come in several categories, and it appears the Trump administration is not finished restricting immigration.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/07/21/trump-cuts-legal-immigrants-by-half-and-hes-not-done-yet/?sh=4b0c2d5c6168

Legal immigration got cut? Oh my! That’s never, ever, ever happened before! What will we do? 

It won't take long for people to realize the mistake that was made here, I am sad for our nation, but remain hopeful that a correction is still possible in 2024 that might restore sanity.

16 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

Pssst...They don't like to be called that. 

I don't believe that. They use it in the name of their terrorist organization - NAACP. 

Just now, BiffTannen said:

I don't believe that. They use it in the name of their terrorist organization - NAACP. 

There are two standards in this nation; y'know...the VERY thing that minorities cry most about......yeah, they do it....

Republicans should feel good overall about the results.  With Trump losing and so many GOP senators and congressmen winning, it was a very clear sign that these results were not anti-Republican, but anti-Trump.  The smart ones will now distance from him as far as possible. He is not going to go peacefully and will be more than happy to take the country down with him.  Any GOP lawmaker that wants his name associated with that is committing career(and reputation) suicide.   It's over. Insiders who have Trump's ear need to convince him to fake some humility and dignity for the good of the country. And their party.

7 minutes ago, Willis McGahee's Dentist said:

Republicans should feel good overall about the results.  With Trump losing and so many GOP senators and congressmen winning, it was a very clear sign that these results were not anti-Republican, but anti-Trump.  The smart ones will now distance from him as far as possible. He is not going to go peacefully and will be more than happy to take the country down with him.  Any GOP lawmaker that wants his name associated with that is committing career(and reputation) suicide.   It's over. Insiders who have Trump's ear need to convince him to fake some humility and dignity for the good of the country. And their party.

Right. All those congressman won their races by staying away from Trump. Seems you didn’t pay much attention.  

49 minutes ago, MedStudent said:

By next year, Donald Trump will have reduced legal immigration by 49% since becoming president. That will have significant repercussions for the nation’s economic growth, according to a new analysis. The cuts to legal immigration have come in several categories, and it appears the Trump administration is not finished restricting immigration.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/07/21/trump-cuts-legal-immigrants-by-half-and-hes-not-done-yet/?sh=4b0c2d5c6168

Are you a Jonmx alias? 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Are you a Jonmx alias? 

Who is Jonmx? Someone on here? 

Just now, MedStudent said:

Who is Jonmx? Someone on here? 

Maybe you should go back and actually read this thread.  You might learn something.

Just now, Strike said:

Maybe you should go back and actually read this thread.  You might learn something.

I don't come on here to learn. I come on here to educate. Trump WAS a really bad President for legal immigration. Especially in his last few months. . 

Just now, MedStudent said:

I don't come on here to learn. I come on here to educate. Trump WAS a really bad President for legal immigration. Especially in his last few months. . 

So, you wanted people from other countries to come here during a pandemic? As a man of medicine, why would that be a good idea? 

27 minutes ago, MedStudent said:

What statistics can you provide to justify the negative outcomes of Trumps policies on immigration illegal or legal?

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

What statistics can you provide to justify the negative outcomes of Trumps policies on immigration illegal or legal?

He stopped people from coming here legally from China. During a pandemic that started there. Racist. 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He stopped people from coming here legally from China. During a pandemic that started there. Racist. 

Oh right, I forgot about that "racist" move on his part that the Democrats roundly opposed and lambasted......and now refuse to talk about.....

Same group of people what willingly sacrificed the businesses and safety of inner city people so long as it served their quest for political power. 

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

It won't take long for people to realize the mistake that was made here, I am sad for our nation, but remain hopeful that a correction is still possible in 2024 that might restore sanity.

You're dreaming. This nation is focked. Look. At the quality of candidates weve been getting. Just tighter and tighter trips around the toilet bowl each time.

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Oh right, I forgot about that "racist" move on his part that the Democrats roundly opposed and lambasted......and now refuse to talk about.....

Same group of people what willingly sacrificed the businesses and safety of inner city people so long as it served their quest for political power. 

The democrats showed themselves to be utterly ruthless. Played the blacks like a fiddle. Again.

Hell, if covid hadn't happened the evil bastards probably would have started it themselves if need be.

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You're dreaming. This nation is focked. Look. At the quality of candidates weve been getting. Just tighter and tighter trips around the toilet bowl each time.

Yeah, something just doesn't feel right.  It doesn't feel like a "we'll get em next time" situation.  If Trump is really gone, it feels like we are setting up for an all out assault on those who supported Trump policies.  Hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The democrats showed themselves to be utterly ruthless. Played the blacks like a fiddle. Again.

Hell, if covid hadn't happened the evil bastards probably would have started it themselves if need be.

Spot on. 

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yeah, something just doesn't feel right.  It doesn't feel like a "we'll get em next time" situation.  If Trump is really gone, it feels like we are setting up for an all out assault on those who supported Trump policies.  Hope I'm wrong.

They've been attacking any opponents for years. Hell, even liberal friends I have have commented that internet censorship is getting crazy.

Between big tech, the schools, and the media, the culture war is over.

I highly recommend looking into retirement abroad. It's easier not to care when you don't see it every day.

On 11/4/2020 at 12:42 PM, supermike80 said:

Although it will be a very interesting 4 years in the executive branch, I am pleased the blue wave was beaten back and in many cases the republicans gained.   I like having representation from both parties..

I really wanna see John James win in Michigan however. That one is big.

Still satisfied or no?

Hmmm, it would appear that once again the Democrats are viciously harming the AA community in particular, but impoverished people as a rule.....

It might be the only thing on which they posses any consistency.