Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

(Super Bowl) Sunday will be the final showdown between Brady and Mahomes

1 minute ago, BufordT said:

I thought the same thing at the time.  That was after the goal line stand. If they keep TB's def on the field a little bit longer and score a TD after a 99 yard drive this game might have turned out different.

Maybe, but same thing on the other side. TB got stuffed at the 1 yard line.

2 minutes ago, frank said:

Even before this game, anyone who thought there was more than a 1% chance of this was completely high. 

More than the physical tools, Brady has separated himself by his intelligence from other players.  I think the reason us Chiefs fans can dare to dream, is because Mahomes seems to have more physical tools than Brady, but he also has that superior intelligence that separates the good from the great.  The unknown is how that will play out over a 20 year career.  Mahomes certainly could be one of the ones who is a consistent peak performer in his game year over year, or he might not live up to all the hype he seems to be getting.

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

More than the physical tools, Brady has separated himself by his intelligence from other players.  I think the reason us Chiefs fans can dare to dream, is because Mahomes seems to have more physical tools than Brady, but he also has that superior intelligence that separates the good from the great.  The unknown is how that will play out over a 20 year career.  Mahomes certainly could be one of the ones who is a consistent peak performer in his game year over year, or he might not live up to all the hype he seems to be getting.

Will mahomes be willing to not ask for $40M a year?

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Mahomes should have found a sugar momma like Giselle

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Hot chicks don't want a kermit.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

My point is that even if Mahomes is the most talented ever, getting even close in SB wins is extremely unlikely. Three QBs ever have 4 or more. Marino never won one. The greatest show on turf got 1. Other greats have 2. Too much has to go your way. Anything could happen. Mahomes could get 10, but thinking more than 2 or 3 is even realistic is crazy. Even comparing the two careers now is crazy. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Man, even if she was dirt poor....  :wub:

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

This is what I was thinking.  Brady consistently took less than GOAT contract value.  Other factors:

- AFC East was a clown show for practically all of Brady's career.  The Pats rolled out of bed to 10 wins and playoff birth.

- Belichick is a genius GOAT coach whose teams are always prepared.  Reid, notsomuch.

- Brady's style lends itself to a 20 year relatively healthy career.  Mahomes, notsomuch.

Aside from your own team making it next year, would you like to see this rematch next year, or have you had enough of these guys?

16 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

2022 favorites?

Chiefs?

Bills?

49ers?

Pack?

Buccs?

who else we looking at the future

Chargers, (wherever Watson lands), Rams, Cards, Dolphins, Browns, Ravens?

This off-season will determine a lot.  What's the cap going to be? Who has to cut players? Who will make off-season moves to improve their team on a surface level?  

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This is what I was thinking.  Brady consistently took less than GOAT contract value.  Other factors:

- AFC East was a clown show for practically all of Brady's career.  The Pats rolled out of bed to 10 wins and playoff birth.

- Belichick is a genius GOAT coach whose teams are always prepared.  Reid, notsomuch.

- Brady's style lends itself to a 20 year relatively healthy career.  Mahomes, notsomuch.

I wonder how much of a distraction the son's accident was, specifically for Reid.  And how will they handle that in the off-season. Make Andy fire his son?

An industry where nepotism is an option.

When is the last time the SB loser went back the next year? Buffalo ? 

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I wonder how much of a distraction the son's accident was, specifically for Reid.  And how will they handle that in the off-season. Make Andy fire his son?

Hard to believe how much nepotism there is in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When is the last time the SB loser went back the next year? Buffalo ? 

NE

15 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Maybe, but same thing on the other side. TB got stuffed at the 1 yard line.

Another Terrible coaching decision. Fournette was beasting, why do you have Jones in there for that? 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Another Terrible coaching decision. Fournette was beasting, why do you have Jones in there for that? 

That was a great hit by the Chiefs defender.  He lined up that hole perfectly and absolutely pounded Jones to stuff him at the line.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

That was a great hit by the Chiefs defender.  He lined up that hole perfectly and absolutely pounded Jones to stuff him at the line.

Great. Still a terrible coaching decision. You use your best RB in that situation or let TB12 sneak it. That could have turned the game

Arians isn’t a good coach. Never has been. This was all about TB12. It’s his super bowl. Tampa has talent that was going nowhere without Brady. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Arians isn’t a good coach. Never has been. This was all about TB12. It’s his super bowl. Tampa has talent that was going nowhere without Brady. 

The curtain was pulled back on The Wizard Of Belicheat

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

The curtain was pulled back on The Wizard Of Belicheat

It’s going to be interesting to see what BB does going forward. He needs a QB but I don’t know what direction he is going in. Has the money but no one too spend it on in FA, doesn’t  have a high enough draft pick to get a premium one that way. He’s gotta do something though. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s going to be interesting to see what BB does going forward. He needs a QB but I don’t know what direction he is going in. Has the money but no one too spend it on in FA, doesn’t  have a high enough draft pick to get a premium one that way. He’s gotta do something though. 

will trade a 3rd maybe a 2nd for Jimmy Gstring, he is desperate 

Just now, edjr said:

will trade a 3rd maybe a 2nd for Jimmy Gstring, he is desperate 

What does SF do? I don’t see that unless SF ends up with someone first. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What does SF do? I don’t see that unless SF ends up with someone first. 

Kirk Cousins?

They are done with him, they don't want him.  24 million cap hit for 2021

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Kirk Cousins?

They are done with him, they don't want him.  24 million cap hit for 2021

Minnesota says Cousins is staying. I don’t think BB has a great option here. 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Could very well be like last year. Musical chairs and Pats are sitting there with no chair/QB when the music stops. We now have to deal with being like the rest of the NFL given that we haven't had to worry about a QB in about 28 years or so. :dunno: 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

SF also says JImmy Gstring is staying. LEVERAGE

I don't want him. no thanks.  played 40% of possible games in his career. Availability is key

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Could very well be like last year. Musical chairs and Pats are sitting there with no chair/QB when the music stops. We now have to deal with being like the rest of the NFL given that we haven't had to worry about a QB in about 28 years or so. :dunno: 

Good chance Cam is back

14 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

It's funny (ironically - not "ha ha"), we have an incident where a coach gets into an "ACCIDENT" and puts a lot of kids in danger and... you endorse the idea that he should be fired.  Yet, you have a WR on your team who "PURPOSELY" beat his wife and kid and put both of them in danger... but it's ok, let's give him a contract extension.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Because during the year, Jones was 7 or 8 on those conversions and Fournette was 1 for 5.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Because during the year, Jones was 7 or 8 on those conversions and Fournette was 1 for 5.

:lol:  Oh, so what happened in October matters.  Fournette was beasting.  A good coach uses his eyes.

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

:lol:  Oh, so what happened in October matters.  Fournette was beasting.  A good coach uses his eyes.

What, Jones was having a bad game?

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

What, Jones was having a bad game?

How did he do on 3rd and 1 from the goal line?

if you're going for it, the play was brady sneak. how often does he fail on 4th and 1?

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

How did he do on 3rd and 1 from the goal line?

if you're going for it, the play was brady sneak. how often does he fail on 4th and 1?

Your argument is terrible.  I'm not going to waste my time on it.  Think what you want because you're mind is already made up.

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Your argument is terrible.  I'm not going to waste my time on it.  Think what you want because you're mind is already made up.

did he fail twice to gain 1 yard?   I win

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Good chance Cam is back

Marriotta on the block. 

On 2/8/2021 at 6:04 PM, cmh6476 said:

Britt Reid has been relieved of his duties.