Sign in to follow this  
makindollaz

Best/Worst draft values...

Who ya got?  And I’m listing guys who have actually played, in the “Worst” category.  I’m not counting guys like CMC, Barkley, Thomas, Ekeler, etc. who were taken in the first 2 rounds, but have missed a good chunk of the season.  And for “Best”, I mean best value based on where they were taken...not MVP’s at each position.

Best QB’s: Herbert, Rodgers & Wilson.  I know Wilson probably went as the #4-6 QB in most drafts, but he’s been just a notch below Mahomes who went much higher.

Worst QB’s: Jackson, Wentz & Ryan.  Jackson probably takes the prize for all positions, for anyone who hasn’t missed significant time.

Best RB’s: Robinson, Gibson & R. Jones.  Robinson an easy #1 since he was probably a waiver pickup except in the deepest of leagues.

Worst RB’s: Elliott, Akers & Drake.  Drake’s play the last few weeks help, but anyone who drafted him #1 or 2 probably got off to a rough start unless they did some A+ drafting otherwise.  Left off Fournette & Bell since they probably would have gone much lower if not released/traded before the drafts.

Best WR’s: Metcalf, Jefferson & Claypool.  Even if Metcalf was going in the 3rd-4th round, he’s given 1st round production.

Worst WR’s: Julio, Hilton & Hollywood Brown.  I don’t own Julio in any league, but he’s gotta be driving you crazy if you do.

Best TE’s: Kelce, Hockensen & Tonyan.  Even if you used a low 1st/high 2nd on Kelce, he’s worth it.  WR1 production in a position that’s a total crapshoot every week.

Worst TE’s: Andrews, Cook & Engram.  Andrews has been too up-and-down for someone who probably cost a 4th rounder. Maybe this past week finally breaks Engram out, but not worth where he went so far.

Others?

Only ones I have on that list are Herbert and I dropped Matt Ryan to start him, so pretty accurate.

Correction, I have Kenyan Drake too, but I picked him up on the waiver wire last year and kept him, dynasty league.

I have Robby Anderson too. Picked him off waivers after week 1. He's been in my starting line up each week. Solid WR2.

9 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Only ones I have on that list are Herbert and I dropped Matt Ryan to start him, so pretty accurate.

Correction, I have Kenyan Drake too, but I picked him up on the waiver wire last year and kept him, dynasty league.

I have Robby Anderson too. Picked him off waivers after week 1. He's been in my starting line up each week. Solid WR2.

Almost included Anderson.  Got him in the middle rounds of 2 drafts and he’s been pretty solid.  Just wish he found the end zone more.

8 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Almost included Anderson.  Got him in the middle rounds of 2 drafts and he’s been pretty solid.  Just wish he found the end zone more.

That would certainly be nice.

Although in my league, we get a big bonus for TDs over 40 and 50 yards, both of his have been so, it helps a little

Top side at Qb. I would list Allen & Bridgewater. 

Bridgewaters avg per game is the 15th best at Qb. 

Worst I’ll say D Jones, he was picked as a Qb2 on many teams, and his 17 point avg isn’t even worthy of that. 

28 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Top side at Qb. I would list Allen & Bridgewater. 

Bridgewaters avg per game is the 15th best at Qb. 

Worst I’ll say D Jones, he was picked as a Qb2 on many teams, and his 17 point avg isn’t even worthy of that. 

Good call on Jones.  He was getting a ton of hype before the season.

Top side at rb. Non ppr of course. 

I’ll take M Gaskins, he’s missed some games, but he came out of nowhere behind Howard and Brenda , and he was flex worthy. 

The OP stole the show for best Rbs though. 

Worst, I’ll take Z Moss, I expected more from him, and CEH, he wasn’t worthy of a first round pick. 

Top side at Te. 

J Smith and R Tonyan. 

Worst. 

Fant and Hurst.  

Top side WRs. 

W Fuller, I know he’ll miss the rest of the season, but update, he’s fifth in avg non ppr,  

And T Higgins, rookie wr , and behind Green and Boyd , he’s a high wr2 per avg.  

Worst. 

Juju and Kupp.  

Thank you OP , I really enjoyed this thread. 

Ps, Mr Landry, congrats, mr Robinson is avg more points per game then last season in both non and ppr. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Top side WRs. 

W Fuller, I know he’ll miss the rest of the season, but update, he’s fifth in avg non ppr,  

And T Higgins, rookie wr , and behind Green and Boyd , he’s a high wr2 per avg.  

Worst. 

Juju and Kupp.  

Thank you OP , I really enjoyed this thread. 

Ps, Mr Landry, congrats, mr Robinson is avg more points per game then last season in both non and ppr. 

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, with Juju & Kupp.

I have both in separate PPR leagues, and figured they’d end up WR2.  In terms of league rankings currently, that’s about where they are.  I got one in the 3rd and the other in the 4th.

Their inconsistency has driven me crazy at times, but they have had stretches of productivity.

2 hours ago, makindollaz said:

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, with Juju & Kupp.

I have both in separate PPR leagues, and figured they’d end up WR2.  In terms of league rankings currently, that’s about where they are.  I got one in the 3rd and the other in the 4th.

Their inconsistency has driven me crazy at times, but they have had stretches of productivity.

In non ppr , they rank as wr3 in avg.  

I expected more from both, Kupp I thought would be a high wr2 non ppr and mid wr2 for Juju non ppr.  

But those two stand out for me, based on my rankings going into the season non ppr , of course.  

Not sure how Mark Ingram was missed in worst RB value.   40 points on the season after 10 games.   It took me until he hit the COVID list last week to finally drop him.  What a waste of a draft pick and bench spot!

For WR, I was questioned by league mates about not keeping Juju coming into this season after having him for the past couple of seasons.  I just didn't trust him after last year's performance (even without Big Ben, I felt the signs were there). I'm much happier with my D.Johnson pick a few rounds later! 

23 minutes ago, Cretins said:

I'm much happier with my D.Johnson pick a few rounds later! 

Even though Juju has more total fantasy points (PPR) and a higher points-per-game average?

Juju 14.5 and DJ 14.1 not much of a difference. 

10 hours ago, Cretins said:

Not sure how Mark Ingram was missed in worst RB value.   40 points on the season after 10 games.   It took me until he hit the COVID list last week to finally drop him.  What a waste of a draft pick and bench spot!

For WR, I was questioned by league mates about not keeping Juju coming into this season after having him for the past couple of seasons.  I just didn't trust him after last year's performance (even without Big Ben, I felt the signs were there). I'm much happier with my D.Johnson pick a few rounds later! 

I wasn’t big on Ingram before the season, and had him on my “do not draft” list in every league.  That situation just screamed RBBC.

Worst: no PHI TE Z. Ertz??  JAX WR DJ Chark?  IND WR TY Hilton?  CIN RB J. Mixon?  😮

Best:  no LAC WR K. Allen?  😛

Kyler Murray deserves to be in the "best" discussion for where his ADP was.  He's the #1 QB and was drafted after Russel Wilson in many leagues.

1 hour ago, Bills04 said:

Worst: no PHI TE Z. Ertz??  JAX WR DJ Chark?  IND WR TY Hilton?  CIN RB J. Mixon?  😮

Hard to judge Mixon and Ertz, both have played about half the season.  

I agree with you about Allen, when I saw that T Taylor was going to be the Chargers starting Qb, he dropped in my rankings.  

Sorry, but I’m not sure I agree with Diggs being on the best value list, I had him ranked as a high to mid wr2, and in non ppr that’s where he currently stands.  

59 minutes ago, Smileseers said:

Kyler Murray deserves to be in the "best" discussion for where his ADP was.  He's the #1 QB and was drafted after Russel Wilson in many leagues.

Wasn’t he ranked inside the top five for Qbs during the summer? 

11 hours ago, Bills04 said:

Hilton was on the Worst list.

I left off guys who have been on IR.

54 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Came across this article. Author did a good job of laying out the values...

https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/12/if-your-fantasy-football-league-drafted-today-2020/

Thank you, that was a good read.  

On 12/3/2020 at 9:35 PM, weepaws said:

Sorry, but I’m not sure I agree with Diggs being on the best value list, I had him ranked as a high to mid wr2, and in non ppr that’s where he currently stands.  

In my two leagues he's currently the #5 and #8 ranked Wr. FFToday had him going late 5th round, he was kept in one of my leagues, and dropped to the 8th round in another.  Just going by FFTdays rankings a top 10 Wr drafted in the end of the 5th round is pretty good to me.

My best was getting Allen in 8th round-and my worst has been (lately) Allen in the 8th round. Thinking of playing Fitzpatrick this week instead of Allen.

4 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

In my two leagues he's currently the #5 and #8 ranked Wr. FFToday had him going late 5th round, he was kept in one of my leagues, and dropped to the 8th round in another.  Just going by FFTdays rankings a top 10 Wr drafted in the end of the 5th round is pretty good to me.

Yeap, he was a low wr1 high wr2 going into ff drafts. 

Thats where he currently ranks. 

I think Jefferson of the Vikings as been the best wr value.  

But no problem, based on where you personally drafted him, I can see your point. You didn’t say that on your first post. I apologize. 

Worst: Devin Singletary 5th round

Best: Herbert off waivers