Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Stimulus approved...

The NYC subway system gets 4 BILLION dollars.  If that is not pork I don't know what is. 

37 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Couple things. 

1.  Unemployment is *meant* to be a bridge from one job to another.  It is no way meant to be enough to live on per se.

2.  Government and market factors due to Covid have shut businesses down or at least cut revenue in half or less.  See gyms, restaurants, travel, on and on.   Some people in those professions have no viable place to go right now.  Plus kids are home, schools closed.  Whats a single mom supposed to do?  

Bottom line is this Covid stuff is different than regular unemployment thinking.  The extra $300 passes the smell test and is needed.  The extra $600 per week was overkill and a knee jerk amount.  

Same can be said for PPP loans, if actually given out like they are intended.  Makes sense.  

What I do think is a bit overkill is the extra $600 per person for "stimulus".  Meh.  Not really needed as the unemployed are already getting helped.  

The $600 is so you go spend it and keep businesses and restaurants afloat.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

“$600 for 300 million Americans is $180 billion. The stimulus bill that’s about to pass is $900 billion total. That means 80% of the stimulus money is going to special interests and government programs while the average person gets the crumbs.”

Our government working hard for the American people.  Lol

A large part of this spending has nothing to do with American people.

I'm not sure if y'all are new to politics and government but no bill is perfect, not in the least.    With that said I enjoy when its expose the people that take advantage of stuff like this....those are the people who should be called out.  

HT is correct, a bill like this shouldn't be 6K pages.  It should be specific and targeted to those affected by COVID shutdowns.  Period, but that aint D.C. 

I'm not sure how gender studies in Pakistan ties in with the United States Covid relief, but they're getting millions of dollars for it.

Trump isn't even out the door, and America First is being abandoned.

• Like 1

Just now, lickin_starfish said:

I'm not sure how gender studies in Pakistan ties in with the United States Covid relief, but they're getting millions of dollars for it.

Need a link for this one.  I'm curious. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Need a link for this one.  I'm curious. 

same

9 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

That has to be CIA front money. Please? 

Just now, Gladiators said:

10 million isn’t enough to speed up the evolutionary process to get those backwards creatures walking upright, never mind being civilized. 

12 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Drug dealers are lickin their chops

they are also licking the baggies

Is it possible these scumbags on both sides are trying to get Trump to veto this so they can ride in on the white horse and have Biden sign one first thing? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is it possible these scumbags on both sides are trying to get Trump to veto this so they can ride in on the white horse and have Biden sign one first thing? 

Absolutely

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cant see how that’s possible. The whole bill is like a trillion. Still should be vetoed because it’s 6k pages long. Complexity favors the well connected. Just look at our tax laws. 

It's real page 1591 of the document

For an additional amount for ‘‘Economic Support 3 Fund’’, $700,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2022, which shall be for assistance for Sudan, 5 and which may be made available as contributions

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

It's real page 1591 of the document

For an additional amount for ‘‘Economic Support 3 Fund’’, $700,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2022, which shall be for assistance for Sudan, 5 and which may be made available as contributions

I quit. 

Mitch McConnell. Boy oh boy. Explain this crap China boy. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I quit. 

Great isn't it? The Sudan get 700,000,000 with three sentences in a document. I just spend an hour at the title company signing too many to count papers to sell my house.

Ever take out a mortgage? 

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Great isn't it? The Sudan get 700,000,000 with three sentences in a document. I just spend an hour at the title company signing too many to count papers to sell my house.

Ever take out a mortgage? 

3. Took months. This thing is 6k pages long. It should be 6k words long. 

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Drain the D.C. swamp! 

Wait, we tried that, and the sheeple fail to do whats needed.    Back to the old school, pork flavored, bullshiot.  

It’s disgusting.

Keep your 600 bucks. This is ridiculous. They DGAF.   But half the country has so much TDS rage they don’t care either. 

I am absolutely disgusted by this bill.

Trump was asking for and ready to sign a stand-alone stimulus check bill months ago. But yeah, he’s not for the American people. The group responsible for putting this bill together are. :doh:

41 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mitch McConnell. Boy oh boy. Explain this crap China boy. 

I'm not a fan of Mitch to be clear, but my God does he have probably the toughest job in all of D.C.?   Can you imagine having to negotiate, deal with, work with the other side and try to get something / anything done?  

$300,000,000 for Migrant and Refugee Assistance
 $10,000 per person for student loan bailout
 $100,000,000 to NASA, because, who knows why.
 $20,000,000,000 to the USPS, because why not
 $300,000,000 to the Endowment for the Arts - because of it
 $300,000,000 for the Endowment for the Humanities/ because no one even knew that was a thing
 $15,000,000 for Veterans Employment Training / for when the GI Bill isn't enough
 $435,000,000 for mental health support
 $30,000,000,000 for the Department of Education stabilization fund/ because that will keep people employed (all those zeros can be confusing, that’s $30 BILLION)
$200,000,000 to Safe Schools Emergency Response to Violence Program
$300,000,000 to Public Broadcasting / NPR has to be bought by the Democrats
$500,000,000 to Museums and Libraries / Who knows how we are going to use it
$720,000,000 to Social Security Admin / but get this only 200,000,000 is to help people. The rest is for admin costs
$25,000,000 for Cleaning supplies for the Capitol Building / I kid you not it's on page 136
$7,500,000 to the Smithsonian for additional salaries
$35,000,000 to the JFK Center for Performing Arts
$25,000,000 for additional salary for House of Representatives
$3,000,000,000 upgrade to the IT department at the VA
$315,000,000 for State Department Diplomatic Programs
$95,000,000 for the Agency of International Development
$300,000,000 for International Disaster Assistance
$90,000,000 for the Peace Corp pg. 148
$13,000,000 to Howard University pg. 121
$9,000,000 Misc. Senate Expenses pg. 134
$100,000,000 to Essential Air carriers pg. 162. This of note because the Airlines are going to need billions in loans to keep them afloat ($100,000,000 is chump change.)
$40,000,000,000 goes to the Take Responsibility to Workers and Families Act This sounds like it's direct payments for workers pg. 164
$1,000,000,000 Airlines Recycle and Save Program pg. 163
$25,000,000 to the FAA for administrative costs pg. 165
$492,000,000 to National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) pg. 167
$526,000,000 Grants to Amtrak to remain available if needed through 2021 pg. 168 (what are the odds that doesn't go unused) Hidden on page 174 the Secretary has 7 days to allocate the funds & notify Congress
$25,000,000,000 for Transit Infrastructure pg. 169
$3,000,000 Maritime Administration pg. 172
$5,000,000 Salaries and Expensive Office of the Inspector General pg. 172
$2,500,000 Public and Indian Housing pg. 175
$5,000,000 Community Planning and Development pg. 175
$2,500,000 Office of Housing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Trump was asking for and ready to sign a stand-alone stimulus check bill months ago. But yeah, he’s not for the American people. The group responsible for putting this bill together are. :doh:

Truth.  Should have been a  targeted stand alone bill ONLY for Americans who are unemployed and PPP's for actual business affected.   

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

$300,000,000 for Migrant and Refugee Assistance
 $10,000 per person for student loan bailout
 $100,000,000 to NASA, because, who knows why.
 $20,000,000,000 to the USPS, because why not
 $300,000,000 to the Endowment for the Arts - because of it
 $300,000,000 for the Endowment for the Humanities/ because no one even knew that was a thing
 $15,000,000 for Veterans Employment Training / for when the GI Bill isn't enough
 $435,000,000 for mental health support
 $30,000,000,000 for the Department of Education stabilization fund/ because that will keep people employed (all those zeros can be confusing, that’s $30 BILLION)
$200,000,000 to Safe Schools Emergency Response to Violence Program
$300,000,000 to Public Broadcasting / NPR has to be bought by the Democrats
$500,000,000 to Museums and Libraries / Who knows how we are going to use it
$720,000,000 to Social Security Admin / but get this only 200,000,000 is to help people. The rest is for admin costs
$25,000,000 for Cleaning supplies for the Capitol Building / I kid you not it's on page 136
$7,500,000 to the Smithsonian for additional salaries
$35,000,000 to the JFK Center for Performing Arts
$25,000,000 for additional salary for House of Representatives
$3,000,000,000 upgrade to the IT department at the VA
$315,000,000 for State Department Diplomatic Programs
$95,000,000 for the Agency of International Development
$300,000,000 for International Disaster Assistance
$90,000,000 for the Peace Corp pg. 148
$13,000,000 to Howard University pg. 121
$9,000,000 Misc. Senate Expenses pg. 134
$100,000,000 to Essential Air carriers pg. 162. This of note because the Airlines are going to need billions in loans to keep them afloat ($100,000,000 is chump change.)
$40,000,000,000 goes to the Take Responsibility to Workers and Families Act This sounds like it's direct payments for workers pg. 164
$1,000,000,000 Airlines Recycle and Save Program pg. 163
$25,000,000 to the FAA for administrative costs pg. 165
$492,000,000 to National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) pg. 167
$526,000,000 Grants to Amtrak to remain available if needed through 2021 pg. 168 (what are the odds that doesn't go unused) Hidden on page 174 the Secretary has 7 days to allocate the funds & notify Congress
$25,000,000,000 for Transit Infrastructure pg. 169
$3,000,000 Maritime Administration pg. 172
$5,000,000 Salaries and Expensive Office of the Inspector General pg. 172
$2,500,000 Public and Indian Housing pg. 175
$5,000,000 Community Planning and Development pg. 175
$2,500,000 Office of Housing

Again, would love a link cause......just need validation.  With that said, I was gong to bold the the things not needed in a COVID relief bill.  Turns out its easier to bold the things that actually make even some sense.   

10 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Again, would love a link cause......just need validation.  With that said, I was gong to bold the the things not needed in a COVID relief bill.  Turns out its easier to bold the things that actually make even some sense.   

Here's the bill. Just do a search.

https://ufile.io/suhn2wil

ETA - Just throw a dart. It'll hit something to p1ss you off.

Have any of you focktards ever heard the saying that “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”?

I’m glad you’re more interested in the process now but you’ve got A LOT to learn. Starting with basic focking civics.

33 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Have any of you focktards ever heard the saying that “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”?

I’m glad you’re more interested in the process now but you’ve got A LOT to learn. Starting with basic focking civics.

This is rich coming from someone who has zero clue about what is going on in the world.

Let us know when MSNBC tells you what to tell us you focking idiot. Until then FOAD

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Break it down for us. I’m all eyeballs. I actually hope you’re right. 

If this doesn’t get vetoed I’m telling my tax guy to take every deduction under the sun. I won’t even ask him to sign it. Fock it. Let them pull me in. I’ll just get there and say I was just kidding. 

54 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

This is rich coming from someone who has zero clue about what is going on in the world.

Let us know when MSNBC tells you what to tell us you focking idiot. Until then FOAD

I don’t watch any cable news. You should give that a try plus drop your loonybin QAnon fanboi sites 

23 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t watch any cable news. You should give that a try plus drop your loonybin QAnon fanboi sites 

What the hell is a qanon? 

15 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What the hell is a qanon? 

Anything that's not MSNBC or CNN.

Those are obviously the only two real news sites.