Mike Isles

***Happy Football Day Week 16*** Special Christmas Edition

9 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Chiefs have won 1 ring.  1 data point does not make a trend.  Look at the last 10 years and overwhelming number of champs had very strong defenses.

They have been saying "its a new league and now its all about passing" for like 40 years.  Its still not true.

I will give the Chiefs credit for the fact that this is the 3rd year in a row where they will host the AFC title game (if they get there).

If you don’t think the NFL is about passing now then I don’t know what you’re watching. Dan Fouts’ season high for his career was 33 td’s. Passed for over 4K yards 3x. He of the “Air Coryell” offense. Mahokes already has a 50 td season under his belt. Peyton Manning’s best years were later in his career. Brady too. You would shrug off a 33 td year now. Kirk Cousins has 32 with a game to play. BFD 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you don’t think the NFL is about passing now then I don’t know what you’re watching. Dan Fouts’ season high for his career was 33 td’s. Passed for over 4K yards 3x. He of the “Air Coryell” offense. Mahokes already has a 50 td season under his belt. Peyton Manning’s best years were later in his career. Brady too. You would shrug off a 33 td year now. Kirk Cousins has 32 with a game to play. BFD 

The NFL is really about defense.  If you get a super bowl defense and just pretty good QB play, you are going to win a ring.  This decade we've seen some 49ers teams, the current Dolphins team, a Bears team, have the defense but get paired with terrible QBs.  The Dolphins seem committed to Tua this year, but if they actually play Fitzpatrick throughout the playoffs, that could be a magical run with that defense.

I had this thought the other day:

What if the Dolphins bench Tua for Fitzpatrick, and then they win the super bowl with Fitzpatrick.  (I don't think this is entirely impossible).  What do they do then?

Pats have a streak on the line tonight of 19 years never being swept by a division opponent.  If Bills were to win tonight it would be snapped.  

Cam Newton has 5 throwing TD passes this year.

But it is the last nfl game of 2020 so expect the unexpected.  

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Chiefs have won 1 recent ring. 

As a KC fan just making sure this reads correctly.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

As a Jakobi Meyers/Gabriel Davis owner I'll take all the unexpected I can get tonight.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Pats have a streak on the line tonight of 19 years never being swept by a division opponent.  If Bills were to win tonight it would be snapped.  

Cam Newton has 5 throwing TD passes this year.

I haven't been following closely to other teams this year, but it seems to me that the pairing of Belicheck & Cam this year is a bit underwhelming.

I'm glad the Bills have something good going, I've always felt bad for the beatdown my Cowboys put on them in the 90's 

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

I'm glad the Bills have something good going, I've always felt bad for the beatdown my Cowboys put on them in the 90's 

You still remember that? So long ago. 

7 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Yes I get that, but the entire draft is about scouting / recognizing talent and doing the best with your lot.

Are your chances of hitting better with two 1st rounders, or 1?

Are your chances better with two 2nd rounders, or 1? 

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Are your chances of hitting better with two 1st rounders, or 1?

Are your chances better with two 2nd rounders, or 1? 

The Giants have had a top 6 pick for three drafts in a row. I don’t care where they pick at this point. If you’re not taking a QB and you have needs everywhere, and they do, what’s the big difference? More salary  cap room taken up for a crap shoot?  The announcer on the game yesterday said the Giants need a big time WR. Agree. Then he rattled off Metcalfe, AJ Brown and someone I forgot. All were taken after Deandre Baker, who they traded up to draft. Like I said,  if it ain’t a QB, I don’t care at this point. The Cowboys got Lamb with the 18th? Are you complaining? 

• Like 1

I laughed my ass off when Allen did the d0uchebag Cam Newton 1st down move after his run.  :lol:

• Like 1

Oh no!!!  Cam is benched.  But but but he did the Superman move in the 1st quarter.  :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

I laughed my ass off when Allen did the d0uchebag Cam Newton 1st down move after his run.  :lol:

I hate that sh!t. He is a kid though 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

I saw that but didn’t make the connection- I’ll give him a pass on that. Don’t do it again Josh. 

1 minute ago, Mike Isles said:

I saw that but didn’t make the connection- I’ll give him a pass on that. Don’t do it again Josh. 

I took it as a dig at Cam.   Newton did his Superman move earlier.

6 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I hate that sh!t. He is a kid though 

Guarantee Cam did something in their first game to deserve being mocked. 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

I took it as a dig at Cam.   Newton did his Superman move earlier.

It was a dig at Cam. His Superman move was kind of subdued. 

Hey McDermott, call off the dogs. The Pats are whipped. You have bigger fish to fry. 

Just now, Mike Isles said:

It was a dig at Cam. His Superman move was kind of subdued. 

"Subdued" Superman is still a d0uchebag move no matter how you slice it.  Maybe recognize that your team isn't making the playoffs for the first time in forever and that your sub-par QB play is a major factor.  Can't wait to see his post game outfit though.