mmmmm...beer

The Vaccine.... appt next week.

4 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Chips? No, we don't allow food in the manufacturing suites.

Not even the geek club favorite Cool ranch Doritos?

3 hours ago, Old School said:

Think it depends where you live.  Nashville pretty much shut down everything and after partially reopened- the mayor would again shut down anyone who spoke out against his policies. The place I work had the Board of Health and a doctor from a local medical set up our operating procedures and they came in to monitor us in order to let us keep the doors open. 
There’s still a ton of hospitality workers out of work in this town. 

I know there was a thread on it here but like 95% of the restaurants in my area are looking for workers, although I'm sure that's in part due to the extra unemployment payments.

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

No but living my life is.  Many of us have been back to work for around a year.  Im not that afraid to go to a bar a year later.  

Im not a big bar guy.  But I dont really go as much right now because it is just the regulars.  The bars arent that great right now because through the wash a lot of people just do without now.  

Im not obese nor old nor do I have any serious health problems.  Old fatties should stay home if they are afraid to catch the covid.   Thats cool.

If you are obese and old or do not have the vaccine then stay home.  If you are a healthy individual.  Or young.  Or got the vaccine.... then be normal.  

I have elderly parents. They both got the vaccine.  Life should be normal now.  Get the fatties out of public.  Get the old people vaccinated.  And tah dah!  My grandparents in theit 80s watch 1 of their great grandchildren who is 5 once a week.  He goes to school.  They did this for thr last couple years.  Before thr vaccine.  With a germy kid.  They werent afraid.  

What happens when covid is still lingering around next fall?  What happens if there is a slight spike at th4 start of flu season? Back to the cave and wait it out?  

Id hate to live so afraid.  But to each their own.  

I agree once people get the vaccine you should go back to normal (but that may mean showing proof if you want to go maskless in places that require them).   I was more referencing earlier on before the vaccines were available.   

Telling old people to stay home until they get vaccinated is pretty nonchalant btw.   I bet pre-covid, "old" (like 65+ or so) people made up a significant % of those that ate at restaurants.   I'm sure many of them reduced their dining out frequency significantly once covid hit.   The in-person restaurant business was going to take a major hit regardless of what restrictions were put in place.

I'm not sure what you mean by "through the wash a lot of people just do without now."  I think that's exactly what I was saying?   Before the vaccine, many people were choosing not to go to higher risk places, such as bars, even if they were open.   Not going to a bar doesn't necessarily mean someone is "living so afraid."    Most people I know just hung out at people's houses instead.  Of course that could still result in getting covid, but I think people would also rather take the risk of getting it from their friend (particularly if you're only hanging out with less than 10 people or so) than some random schmo at a bar.  

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I agree once people get the vaccine you should go back to normal (but that may mean showing proof if you want to go maskless in places that require them).   I was more referencing earlier on before the vaccines were available.   

Telling old people to stay home until they get vaccinated is pretty nonchalant btw.   I bet pre-covid, "old" (like 65+ or so) people made up a significant % of those that ate at restaurants.   I'm sure many of them reduced their dining out frequency significantly once covid hit.   The in-person restaurant business was going to take a major hit regardless of what restrictions were put in place.

I'm not sure what you mean by "through the wash a lot of people just do without now."  I think that's exactly what I was saying?   Before the vaccine, many people were choosing not to go to higher risk places, such as bars, even if they were open.   Not going to a bar doesn't necessarily mean someone is "living so afraid."    Most people I know just hung out at people's houses instead.  Of course that could still result in getting covid, but I think people would also rather take the risk of getting it from their friend (particularly if you're only hanging out with less than 10 people or so) than some random schmo at a bar.  

I was partially agreeing.  

Im saying I am example of through thr wash people didnt show up even if they would consider it.  I dont go because it isnt great because people dont show.  You get some regulars.  Some young people.  

So yes people dont show up fot a 7 dollar beer but it isnt exactly just a risk of covid.  Its because it is normalized and routine to not go as well.  

Yes lets say covid is worse.   Cool.   Did any old or sick person care about going out for fear of flu that kills what a year? Wasnt a thought.  Yes vaccines.  They hardly get the flu strain right each year.  If you are 42 didnt get the flu shot yet you mean to tell me in early November you are thinking about the flu?   No.  Never.  Was never a thing.  

40 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I was partially agreeing.  

Im saying I am example of through thr wash people didnt show up even if they would consider it.  I dont go because it isnt great because people dont show.  You get some regulars.  Some young people.  

So yes people dont show up fot a 7 dollar beer but it isnt exactly just a risk of covid.  Its because it is normalized and routine to not go as well.  

Yes lets say covid is worse.   Cool.   Did any old or sick person care about going out for fear of flu that kills what a year? Wasnt a thought.  Yes vaccines.  They hardly get the flu strain right each year.  If you are 42 didnt get the flu shot yet you mean to tell me in early November you are thinking about the flu?   No.  Never.  Was never a thing.  

I disagree with it being “normalized to not go.”   If anything, after restrictions were lifted I’d think people would want to go more.

“Let’s say” covid is worse?  Newsflash: it is.  Even if every covid death was just “misdiagnosed flu” (after already taking out the 9% for motorcycle deaths) that’s still over 10x deadlier than a normal flu season. If it was just “the flu” killing 10x as many people as normal, then yeah I’m sure old people would change their behaviors, since it’s mainly old people that get killed by flu anyway.

Welp... Mrs...beer and the kids tested hot for the Ronas today.  Me... Not so much.  I'll go get tested anyway just for good measure but meh.. guess the Modernas might work? :huh:

Boys had it for a few days now.. fatigue, headache sore throat, fever.  All of that's gone but the sore throat now.  Momma and the girl started getting sick yesterday.  Seems like a mild flu for the girl... Momma is fatigued... Neither is feverish.

I'm in getting tested meow... So I guess we'll see if this Moderna's lives up to the hype.

Still no symptoms...

4 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I'm in getting tested meow... So I guess we'll see if this Moderna's lives up to the hype.

Still no symptoms...

I think I see a side effect. 

• Haha 2

had my 2nd shot of Moderna yesterday.  Today I'm sore and tired, but that's about it.  Legs and arms feel like I worked out and I feel worn out.

No other symptoms, though (fever, chills, headache, etc...)

Test came back Negative.  

Soooo.... There ya go.  Guess the Moderna's works.  Wife and both kids have it.  Been exposed the last several days right along with them.  Nada...

3 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Test came back Negative.  

Soooo.... There ya go.  Guess the Moderna's works.  Wife and both kids have it.  Been exposed the last several days right along with them.  Nada...

Good to know.  Why did your wife not get vaccinated when you did?  Sorry if I missed it if you posted it already.

9 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Good to know.  Why did your wife not get vaccinated when you did?  Sorry if I missed it if you posted it already.

She didn't want too... Not nessicerily anti-vaxxer type.  Just really not too trusting of a non-fda approved etc.

I'm "high risk", type 2 diabeetus and high BP.  She has nothing.

I think she sorta wishes she did now.  Miserable...

28 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

She didn't want too... Not nessicerily anti-vaxxer type.  Just really not too trusting of a non-fda approved etc.

I'm "high risk", type 2 diabeetus and high BP.  She has nothing.

I think she sorta wishes she did now.  Miserable...

I bet.  My aunts and uncles all got it and we're miserable even though they didn't want to admit it, my mom found out from her sisters after talking to them enough and it coming up in conversation.

Got my 2nd dose of Modera yesterday.  No side effects other than a sore arm.  That seems to be gone now too.

One of my co-workers in a different part of the country...  Like 45 y decent shape... Not IN shape.. but not a slob.. Was having a shortness of breath thing going on last weekend.... His wife is a nurse... Put one of those O2 figures testers on him... Way low.  To the hospital they went.  Admitted him hot for the rona... In Tuesday one of the boys talked to him in the hospital... Said he felt like he was hyperventilating all the time.  Yesterday word came down they intubated... Vent.

I don't think that's a good sign at all anymore right? Like... Well we have to try...

Those vents like killed everyone at the beginning is what we've heard.

Also... I'm not positive but I don't know if he had the shot.