mmmmm...beer

The Vaccine.... appt next week.

5 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Yes. US liberals are the closest thing to Nazis we have now in the world. Agreed. :thumbsup:

Did you read the link or even the title?

Got 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Feel lethargic today and a sore arm. I will now turn over all my guns and rights to Obama. The mind control chip is real! Drobeski was right all along! Damn you Obama, DAAAMN YOUUU!

15 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Got 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Feel lethargic today and a sore arm. I will now turn over all my guns and rights to Obama. The mind control chip is real! Drobeski was right all along! Damn you Obama, DAAAMN YOUUU!

Huh...after claiming how the vaccine is "fake" and you'd never get it, you actually got it anyway? Interesting.....

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

How would anyone know for sure? I'm not saying it's true, but your level of trust is way to high. 

It has a good whiff of internet bullsh1t about it but what do I know? Having the MSM 'fact check' things isn't nearly as reassuring as it once was. Reuters is better than most, so maybe it moves the needle a click or two or three. 

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

It has a good whiff of internet bullsh1t about it but what do I know? Having the MSM 'fact check' things isn't nearly as reassuring as it once was. Reuters is better than most, so maybe it moves the needle a click or two or three. 

To me Reuters isn't any better.

3 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Huh...after claiming how the vaccine is "fake" and you'd never get it, you actually got it anyway? Interesting.....

I thought no way they would have a vaccine for this but it happened so I got it. Especially because it was free, I had thought it would be like 40k. I don’t buy into Drobeski nonsense like worldwide conspiracies and Clinton mind control microchips so I’m all for it. Felt like utter crap the day after but today I feel fine again. 

Got yesterday at Walgreens for free. My arm still hurts like a kick in the nuts.

23 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I thought no way they would have a vaccine for this but it happened so I got it. Especially because it was free, I had thought it would be like 40k. I don’t buy into Drobeski nonsense like worldwide conspiracies and Clinton mind control microchips so I’m all for it. Felt like utter crap the day after but today I feel fine again. 

Good for you. By the way, you're welcome

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/493842-when-they-develop-a-vaccine-for-covid-19-will-you-get-it/?do=findComment&comment=6633774

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

How would anyone know for sure? I'm not saying it's true, but your level of trust is way to high. 

Well to be true that you can get a miscarriage and whatever else they're claiming about "reproductive issues from being NEAR someone that got the vaccine, I assume that means they think the vaccine itself causes miscarriages and whatever else they're claiming about "reproductive issues"?  And yet after 2 BILLION vaccines given, there is no evidence of that.   

Sure, I guess it may not be 100% confirmed, but there is no evidence that it's true and yet you've got "brown shirts" doing stuff like this:

Getting shot 1 on Friday. Can’t wait. I miss bars and shows. 😞 

7 hours ago, MDC said:

:lol: You'll need a 3rd, and a 4th probably. And the variants.  And the reinfection rate. All for the fatty flu. You aren't going anywhere.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol: You'll need a 3rd, and a 4th probably. And the variants.  And the reinfection rate. All for the fatty flu. You aren't going anywhere.

BDS has rooned your joy in life. 

No really what are they going to do when we need this shot each year like the flu shot? It will become notmal to have to carry vaccine paperwork to be able to attend certain things? 

Or are people predicting this goes away and we dont need boosters and year shots for variants? 

8 hours ago, MDC said:

Your local bars require vaccine ID to get in?

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Your local bars require vaccine ID to get in?

No, but I’m not taking needless risks. Bars will be there when I’m vaccinated.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MDC said:

No, but I’m not taking needless risks. Bars will be there when I’m vaccinated.

Just wear a mask.  I heard they work.

Bars will be there for sure.  Well some of them.  Those that survived the shutdowns.  

2 hours ago, MDC said:

BDS has rooned your joy in life. 

:lol:  What does Biden have to do with those in charge?  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Just wear a mask.  I heard they work.

Bars will be there for sure.  Well some of them.  Those that survived the shutdowns.  

LOL if people think the bar/restaurant industry was only hurt because of shutdowns.     Lots of people like MDC that simply chose not to go (or at least not as often) even once they were able.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

LOL if people think the bar/restaurant industry was only hurt because of shutdowns.     Lots of people like MDC that simply chose not to go (or at least not as often) even once they were able.

Most of the places I know that shut down were because they didn't make any changes to keep cash flowing.  One restaurant in town just closed temporarily which led to them being closed for good instead of trying to run a takeout business, which would have been great.  Our local brewery did takeout service for their food and beer, they did just fine.

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Most of the places I know that shut down were because they didn't make any changes to keep cash flowing.  One restaurant in town just closed temporarily which led to them being closed for good instead of trying to run a takeout business, which would have been great.  Our local brewery did takeout service for their food and beer, they did just fine.

Many places tried to adjust.  Many places dont get most of their profit off of food.  Drinks especially well drinks make them the money.  

When shutdowns happen people get in the routine of not going.  When they reopened with masks and limited people a lot of people said screw it Im not going to go back until things are 100% back to normal and the bar is a good time again.  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Many places tried to adjust.  Many places dont get most of their profit off of food.  Drinks especially well drinks make them the money.  

When shutdowns happen people get in the routine of not going.  When they reopened with masks and limited people a lot of people said screw it Im not going to go back until things are 100% back to normal and the bar is a good time again.  

and some of them also likely said a $7 beer isn't worth the risk of getting covid

On 3/1/2021 at 6:29 PM, Cdub100 said:

I want normalcy. That's all I want. The masks don't get us there. They make things worse. Look at you... You're scared of people without masks on. That is not normal. 

Yeah- to be clear, I’m not arguing or disagreeing. You are correct- it’s NOT normal for me to be scared of people without masks. I can’t believe I turned into “that guy” but it did get to the point I was not comfortable being around unmasked people. Guess I credit it to the constant fear mongering and the hundreds of tourists I have to deal with on a daily basis- plus, I pretty much don’t like people in the first place.

On 3/1/2021 at 6:29 PM, Cdub100 said:

Masks don't work. Sure they prevent the big droplets from getting out but they don't do very much for the tiny droplets and absolutely nothing for aerosols. So next time someone rips one out just think COVID.

Yeah- I told people early on, I don’t believe the mask can stop this thing, but if it’s required to keep the doors open, I’ll wear the focker. Our mayor is a vindictive who has shut down multiple businesses during the past year. 
Today, this appeared in local news, effective May 14, ALL COVID restrictions are lifted-EXCEPT the mask mandate. Go figure.
https://www.wsmv.com/news/davidson_county/metro-to-drop-all-covid-19-restrictions-except-mask-mandate-on-may-14/article_c9a766f8-a6eb-11eb-a9f2-ebab11eb2af3.html?utm_source=News4+WSMV&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Breaking+News&fbclid=IwAR0mW5gFFyYWS4tD3K2cuhesHpKCViM0iqBgHpTtENVGCFRAE3aH-HW9Y-Y

6 minutes ago, Old School said:

Yeah- to be clear, I’m not arguing or disagreeing. You are correct- it’s NOT normal for me to be scared of people without masks. I can’t believe I turned into “that guy” but it did get to the point I was not comfortable being around unmasked people. Guess I credit it to the constant fear mongering and the hundreds of tourists I have to deal with on a daily basis- plus, I pretty much don’t like people in the first place.

Yeah- I told people early on, I don’t believe the mask can stop this thing, but if it’s required to keep the doors open, I’ll wear the focker. Our mayor is a vindictive who has shut down multiple businesses during the past year. 
Today, this appeared in local news, effective May 14, ALL COVID restrictions are lifted-EXCEPT the mask mandate. Go figure.
https://www.wsmv.com/news/davidson_county/metro-to-drop-all-covid-19-restrictions-except-mask-mandate-on-may-14/article_c9a766f8-a6eb-11eb-a9f2-ebab11eb2af3.html?utm_source=News4+WSMV&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Breaking+News&fbclid=IwAR0mW5gFFyYWS4tD3K2cuhesHpKCViM0iqBgHpTtENVGCFRAE3aH-HW9Y-Y

It's literally the thing I hate the most. It's the thing the CDC says is lower than avoiding people, social distancings, and using proper hygiene. Fock man.

I'm cool with everything else. I just don't want people to try and force me to wear a mask.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Think it depends where you live.  Nashville pretty much shut down everything and after partially reopened- the mayor would again shut down anyone who spoke out against his policies. The place I work had the Board of Health and a doctor from a local medical set up our operating procedures and they came in to monitor us in order to let us keep the doors open. 
There’s still a ton of hospitality workers out of work in this town. 

Hopefully that changes next month when ALL restrictions are lifted- except the mask mandate. HTF is a business going to enforce that when everything is wide open again? 
Our mayor speaks fluent double talk, so I won’t be surprised to see him use the mask mandate to once again shut down or fine businesses if the owners speak out against his policies. 

23 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Got yesterday at Walgreens for free. My arm still hurts like a kick in the nuts.

Your arm is in a weird place.  :unsure:

22 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

The one that made the vaccine that tanatastic got. Scroll up a few posts.

That’s cool!  I thought you were a mechanical engineer though; do you work on fluid analysis, or packaging?  :dunno: 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

My neighborhood is full of bars that are open. Sore you have to wear a mask to enter / sit but that’s about the only restriction. Not surprisingly the only people there seem to be 20-somethings.

It’s not worth it to me. I’m in good health in my 40s but I have elderly parents and don’t want to gamble with my kids health. I went out to eat twice last year, both times outdoors and once was my anniversary. I’ll roll the dice on that. Going to bars just seems like a needless risk. My gym is operating now too but I cancelled my membership for the same reason.

After I’m vaccinated I’ll go back. Not worth it for now.

56 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

and some of them also likely said a $7 beer isn't worth the risk of getting covid

No but living my life is.  Many of us have been back to work for around a year.  Im not that afraid to go to a bar a year later.  

Im not a big bar guy.  But I dont really go as much right now because it is just the regulars.  The bars arent that great right now because through the wash a lot of people just do without now.  

Im not obese nor old nor do I have any serious health problems.  Old fatties should stay home if they are afraid to catch the covid.   Thats cool.

If you are obese and old or do not have the vaccine then stay home.  If you are a healthy individual.  Or young.  Or got the vaccine.... then be normal.  

I have elderly parents. They both got the vaccine.  Life should be normal now.  Get the fatties out of public.  Get the old people vaccinated.  And tah dah!  My grandparents in theit 80s watch 1 of their great grandchildren who is 5 once a week.  He goes to school.  They did this for thr last couple years.  Before thr vaccine.  With a germy kid.  They werent afraid.  

What happens when covid is still lingering around next fall?  What happens if there is a slight spike at th4 start of flu season? Back to the cave and wait it out?  

Id hate to live so afraid.  But to each their own.  

41 minutes ago, Old School said:

Think it depends where you live.  Nashville pretty much shut down everything and after partially reopened- the mayor would again shut down anyone who spoke out against his policies. The place I work had the Board of Health and a doctor from a local medical set up our operating procedures and they came in to monitor us in order to let us keep the doors open. 
There’s still a ton of hospitality workers out of work in this town. 

Hopefully that changes next month when ALL restrictions are lifted- except the mask mandate. HTF is a business going to enforce that when everything is wide open again? 
Our mayor speaks fluent double talk, so I won’t be surprised to see him use the mask mandate to once again shut down or fine businesses if the owners speak out against his policies. 

When I was in Nashville right after Christmas I was surprised by the amount of places that were open.  Has to wear a mask into establishments but took them off as soon as seated so it wasn't a big deal.  We had a great time there.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

That’s cool!  I thought you were a mechanical engineer though; do you work on fluid analysis, or packaging?  :dunno: 

Yeah, I'm a mechanical engineer, by degree. I work as a Process Engineer, which is typically a ChemE, but sometimes a MechE like me. It's more of an equipment engineer role - I make sure the processing equipment is ready for use, do equipment modifications and upgrades, troubleshooting, and develop maintenance and calibration plans, among other things. At the risk of sounding Digby-esque, I had to make sure the mRNA manufacturing equipment was ready for the Covid vaccine production, and I'm the one they'll call if any mechanical issues come up.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Yeah, I'm a mechanical engineer, by degree. I work as a Process Engineer, which is typically a ChemE, but sometimes a MechE like me. It's more of an equipment engineer role - I make sure the processing equipment is ready for use, do equipment modifications and upgrades, troubleshooting, and develop maintenance and calibration plans, among other things. At the risk of sounding Digby-esque, I had to make sure the mRNA manufacturing equipment was ready for the Covid vaccine production, and I'm the one they'll call if any mechanical issues come up.

When does the chip get added during the process?