Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Super Bowl 55: Chiefs v Buccaneers

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I fully expect at least 1 2nd half make up penalty vs Bucs that won't affect the game.

Didn't happen on that first drive

4 minutes ago, polecatt said:

No, it doesnt matter.  The game is over.  One of the worst SBs ever.  Game taken over & ruined by the refs early and often.  Too bad.  You'd think Goodell would let them know that we want the players to control the outcome, not the zebras. 

Just now, RoadLizard said:

No, it doesnt matter.  The game is over.  One of the worst SBs ever.  Game taken over & ruined by the refs early and often.  Too bad.  You'd think Goodell would let them knwo that we want the players to control the outcome, not the zebras. 

Goodell has been an idiot the entire time, I don't know why he would stop now

Just now, AxeElf said:

Worst halftime show ever?

It was bad, I don't know how you decide which is the worst though

8 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Now you'll see it cause this game is over.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:11 PM, Thornton Melon said:

I'd pray for everyone except Britt Reid

Chiefs 31, Bucs 27

No , you pray for everyone, everyone makes a mistake.  

3 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Goodell has been an idiot the entire time, I don't know why he would stop now

Yep.  Well, its embarrassing when your "showcase" game is this much of a debacle.  The NFL ought to be ashamed.  So NOT legit, lol. 

At least the chiefs have just sucked so far in the 2nd half and it's not the refs.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

At least the chiefs have just sucked so far in the 2nd half and it's not the refs.

Yeah, now they'll call it even once it's out of reach

8 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Yeah, now they'll call it even once it's out of reach

There it is.

3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

A meaningless 5 yard penalty.

Yeah but thats a "makeup" call.  Its clear they wanted Arians and Golden boy to win.  Yawn.  WWF style ascripting here.  Vince McMahon would be proud, lol. :)

It'll be Brady, Brady, Brady..... and he did really nothing special to win this game at all.  Just along for the ride. Hes good at that though.

Sick throw by Mahomes falling down.  Whips a pass straight off of Darrel Williams facemask in the end zone right in between 3 bucs.

9 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

It'll be Brady, Brady, Brady..... and he did really nothing special to win this game at all.  Just along for the ride. Hes good at that though.

No way.  Tampa was 7-9 last year.  Brady IS why they're here and why they're the best team on the field right now.  The man is a winner.  

53 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You guys are acting like there's a chance the Chiefs might lose...  ?

As opposed to acting like the Chiefs might win?...

As much as CBS is pimping Queen Latifah as a badass, I hope someone actually watches this new Equalizer series.

Thought most commercials were subpar. Best one Will Ferrell Norway one...

5 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

No way.  Tampa was 7-9 last year.  Brady IS why they're here and why they're the best team on the field right now.  The man is a winner.  

A gift wrapped super bowl.  Yawn. Couldn’t have been easier. Refs handed it to TB in first half. Facts. Data. 

Brady is snapping the ball with 10 seconds left on the play clock.  He needs to be letting it get under 7.  You don't want the defense knowing that you're going down to 2, but just vary it in between 7 and 2 and you'll get another 20 seconds off the clock over 5 plays.

The chick that cuts my hair called it.  She said she was going to tune in for the halftime show, but she said, "I know all the commercials are going to be a bunch of, 'we're all in this together BS.'   We're not in shìt together."

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

As much as CBS is pimping Queen Latifah as a badass, I hope someone actually watches this new Equalizer series.

I'm not, I've had all the propaganda and programing I can take for a while. The Super Bowl was a joke. That's a shame, because the Bucs looked like the better team. If they had just let it play out, I think there's a really good chance they win any way. After that, I have to go to sources from Australia or India to get halfway honest news coverage. I don't think I can stomach a show about a 60 year old woman who is 150 lbs overweight kicking everybody's arse on the streets of New York, or Chicago, or wherever it is

This is a very unlikable bucs team.  They're damn good, but they make it easy to dislike them

Chiefs are going to have to use their two timeouts on this drive if TB gets one first down.  It's been over, but it's coming down to the bucs defense keeping the vaunted KC offense out of the end zone.

The Bucs dominated this game...  They deserve this win and the defensive coordinator came up with a great game plan...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, posty said:

The Bucs dominated this game...  They deserve this win and the defensive coordinator came up with a great game plan...

Refs won it early for TB. 

43 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

A gift wrapped super bowl.  Yawn. Couldn’t have been easier. Refs handed it to TB in first half. Facts. Data. 

Troller gonna troll?

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Chiefs defense isn't built to play from behind. 

True.

But the Defense didnt  lose the game  for  them.   The offense did.  More specifically the  O line.   They were completely  dominated by  Tampas defensive front.   This led to  a complete  breakdown of  the  Offensive gameplan.

The D  had some good moments.  like  the 4th  and goal  stop of The Bucs on  the  1  yard line.

as  a whole they were not  brilliant, but  they were also not terrible.  I just dont think they were  the reason for the loss.

2 hours ago, posty said:

This.:thumbsup:

honestly I  was a bit surprised Brady  got the MVP.    He played well,  but the defense was  (in my opinion) what  won the  game for them. 

The Defense was  fantastic on all fronts.

I  would  have voted for one of  them  to be the MVP but  in reality, everyone played well, and not many stood  far above the others.  it  was truly a team effort.

either  way Brady getting  MVP  is a nice story for the press.  I just dont  think  he  deserved  it  this time.

Agree about the MVP.  When no one stands out, the qb just kind of gets it by default.

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

Agree about the MVP.  When no one stands out, the qb just kind of gets it by default.

that seems to be the case more often than I'd like to admit.

another guy who easily could have got MVP would  be Gronk.

He  made a huge impact while the outcome of  the  game was still in question.

I think they could've considered Fournette and Devin White for MVP as well.  White seemed to be involved in every play, and Fournette had a nice stat line 135 all purpose and a score, but I can't argue with Brady either.  

Bucs and the under = easy money.  

It’s great to see the Goat win a Super Bowl without the Hoody. 

Congrats Bucs fans. 

Thank you Jesus.  

8 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Troller gonna troll?

It’s just data.  Look, it’s pretty obvious that the MVP first should be defensive holding and pass interference. That started the avalanche early.  That interception callback was game changing.  The fairytale defensive PI call in the end zone was also a game changer. There were easily 3-4 of those that simply had too much effect on the game. Every TB eh hem "drive" in the first half was handed to them. They gained very few yards.  Whatever.  By the second half, yeah, they took over but by then the extreme damage had been done. 

After what we saw two weeks ago where they were letting them actually play....I found it quite abhorrent that they went into flag mode for the biggest game of the year and ruined it. It didn’t matter that Tampa won. It mattered how they won and how it was given to them. That’s all.  Terrible game and terrible super bowl. Period. 

9 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

7-9 cause Winston stinks. Brady went to TB cause he knew the team was built to win. They were a franchise QB away. Had he gone to any other teams with a QB opening, he would not have made it to the game.

Great game, Tampa Bay earned it. K C o-line banged up but everyone knew that a week ago. Reid/staff have been around for ever and from what I could see made zero adjustments. T B took away Hill, where have we seen that before, and the TB front 4 had Mahomes running for his life all day. The Chiefs have gotten away with this "game plan" many times but yesterday they fell flat. Off season should be very interesting. 

27 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

It’s just data.  Look, it’s pretty obvious that the MVP first should be defensive holding and pass interference. That started the avalanche early.  That interception callback was game changing.  The fairytale defensive PI call in the end zone was also a game changer. There were easily 3-4 of those that simply had too much effect on the game. Every TB eh hem "drive" in the first half was handed to them. They gained very few yards.  Whatever.  By the second half, yeah, they took over but by then the extreme damage had been done. 

After what we saw two weeks ago where they were letting them actually play....I found it quite abhorrent that they went into flag mode for the biggest game of the year and ruined it. It didn’t matter that Tampa won. It mattered how they won and how it was given to them. That’s all.  Terrible game and terrible super bowl. Period. 

Actually not just data, that is an opinion.

10 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Refs won it early for TB. 

:lol:

Maybe the Chiefs needed to stop committing penalties...