Jump to content
Hardcore troubadour

Rush Limbaugh - RIP

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

He was right about McNabb

He most certainly was...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was never a big fan of his, but after seeing that Huff Post article, he was clearly a great man.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was the right's Michael Moore

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I was never a big fan of his, but after seeing that Huff Post article, he was clearly a great man.

The thing about that article, they act like he coined the phrase "Barack the Magic Negro", but he did not...  That was done in a LA Times editorial by David Ehrenstein...  He just mentioned in on this show to the tune of "Puff the magic dragon" and Paul Shanklin then wrote it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, edjr said:

He was the right's Michael Moore

I am assuming you mean roughly in weight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dad used to listen to rush on an old dial radio in the garage when tinkering around...I miss my dad and will miss Rush...RIP!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was a horrible divisive person.  I never thought what he said about McNabb or the NFL was too wrong.  I listened to him quite a bit as I would drive around PA covering my sales territory.  In a lot of spots it was his station, Country music(which stinks), and the Jesus Station.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Herbivore said:

He was a horrible divisive person.  I never thought what he said about McNabb or the NFL was too wrong.  I listened to him quite a bit as I would drive around PA covering my sales territory.  In a lot of spots it was his station, Country music(which stinks), and the Jesus Station.

So, you think divisive people are horrible now? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His point about black quarterbacks is what? They are mediocre? That the NFL wants a great black quarterback? That the NFL is giving black QB's Affirmative Action and there are a slew of excellent potential Tom Bradys that are being excluded because of the desire to promote black QB's? I hope not because that would be a ridiculous lie. 

Lamar Jackson
Dak Prescott
Deshaun Watson 
Russell Wilson 
Patrick Mahomes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Herbivore said:

He was a horrible divisive person.  I never thought what he said about McNabb or the NFL was too wrong.  I listened to him quite a bit as I would drive around PA covering my sales territory.  In a lot of spots it was his station, Country music(which stinks), and the Jesus Station.

He cared about this country. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Hand said:

He cared about this country. 

maybe a portion of the country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Herbivore said:

maybe a portion of the country

He cared about money and pandered to an audience that made him a lot of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

He cared about money and pandered to an audience that made him a lot of it.

Wrong again Rusty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

maybe a portion of the country

Complete BS. Keep hating 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rusty Syringes said:

He cared about money and pandered to an audience that made him a lot of it.

He was a pioneer with that ploy. Eye roll. He showed the way for mainstream media I guess,  no one on the left does that or did before him. You’re a stupid person. Listening  to you is the equivalent of listening to a 19 year old college kid. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, peenie said:

His point about black quarterbacks is what? They are mediocre? That the NFL wants a great black quarterback? That the NFL is giving black QB's Affirmative Action and there are a slew of excellent potential Tom Bradys that are being excluded because of the desire to promote black QB's? I hope not because that would be a ridiculous lie. 

Lamar Jackson
Dak Prescott
Deshaun Watson 
Russell Wilson 
Patrick Mahomes

 

I didn't follow him that much, but I believe his point was specifically about Donovan McNabb, not all black QB's.  Also, when he said that, I don't believe that any of the QB's you listed were in the NFL at the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I didn't follow him that much, but I believe his point was specifically about Donovan McNabb, not all black QB's.

Correct, this was about McNabb only...

From 2003:  First he said he was overrated and then "Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He showed the way for mainstream media I guess,  no one on the left does that or did before him.

Comma splicer.

:mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, posty said:

Correct, this was about McNabb only...

From 2003:  First he said he was overrated and then "Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

Thanks.  I thought that was the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect to see very touching tributes from Fallon, Kimmel, Colbert and Noah tonight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad people ignored his bashing of McNabb and continued to hire black QBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peenie said:

Glad people ignored his bashing of McNabb and continued to hire black QBs.

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, posty said:

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peenie said:

He will not be missed by me. I have nothing positive to say other than he had enough sense to copy from Howard Stern. 

Yep. He liked and preached small government and more freedom for individual citizens. Two things you despise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Utilit99 said:

Yep. He liked and preached small government and more freedom for individual citizens Two things you despise.

He was a jerk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

And what is your problem with that.?

He cared about his countrah!

:cry:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:first:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peenie said:

He was a jerk. 

I see you are just listening to what the MSM is saying again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, posty said:

I see you are just listening to what the MSM is saying again...

No, my shuttle driver used to listen to him (therefore I was forced) and he was a disgusting lying racist that feeds the egos of insecure white people who want to feel superior and not think. Kind of like most of the members on this site. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peenie said:

No, my shuttle driver used to listen to him (therefore I was forced) and he was a racist . 

What did he say that made him a racist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peenie said:

No, my shuttle driver used to listen to him (therefore I was forced) and he was a racist . 

The word racist means nothing now...  It has been thrown around way too much by the media during Obama's presidency...  It holds no weight now...

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drizzay said:

He was right about McNabb

and the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, posty said:

I expect to see very touching tributes from Fallon, Kimmel, Colbert and Noah tonight...

you watch those Company Partisan Cucks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×