Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel - Netflix - No Spoilers

Check it out.  Good, freaky sh1t. I had it nailed very early

Morbid got the shaft.  Focking "web sleuths".  Don't those idiots have real jobs? 

• Like 1

I remember watching this story on youtube. 

Just now, DonS said:

Morbid got the shaft.  Focking "web sleuths".  Don't those idiots have real jobs? 

Right? Losers. They have since turned into people that try and get sh1t canceled on twitter

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I remember watching this store on youtube. 

I never heard of it when it 1st happened. They did turn like 2 hours of sh1t into like 8 episodes, but I enjoyed it. The hotel manager is focking cooked. 10 years managing that place? Fock, that's the best she could do?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Right? Losers. They have since turned into people that try and get sh1t canceled on twitter

I like that one poosay that was getting so choked up about a person he never met.  :lol:

"I must have visited the hotel 20 times and I feel so close to her" (or whatever) 

Just now, DonS said:

I like that one poosay that was getting so choked up about a person he never met.  :lol:

"I must have visited the hotel 20 times and I feel so close to her" (or whatever) 

Focking frauds. Sickening. I said the same thing and the girl says "have some compassion"  🙄

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

I never heard of it when it 1st happened. They did turn like 2 hours of sh1t into like 8 episodes, but I enjoyed it. The hotel manager is focking cooked. 10 years managing that place? Fock, that's the best she could do?

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Did you turn into a Web Sleuth after watching?

Just now, edjr said:

Focking frauds. Sickening. I said the same thing and the girl says "have some compassion"  🙄

Jeesh.  My wife usually tends to be more sympathetic/apologetic as well, but even she was laughing at how pathetic he was. :cry:

Yeah that was pretty good. Scary place for sure...sad deal though. 

feel bad for those people who deal with mental illness...has to be so hard. 

No one on the web bothered to do any real investigation whatsoever.

"The elevator door didn't shut!"

"Why was she acting so strange?"

"Some black metal guy once stayed there!"

"The lid was shut!"

All of it easily explained.  Frauds.  It reminded me of an episode of Ancient Aliens, sans the Greek dude with the queer hair.

This makes me want to watch it all the more: "Potentially dangerous". :lol:

CNET review:

Netflix's Cecil Hotel documentary: An irresponsible, bloated mess

It's dull, drawn out and potentially dangerous.

It's bad. And not just bad. Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel is bloated, dull and confusing. It's irresponsible and dishonest, indulging conspiracy theories that put already vulnerable victims at further risk.

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

This makes me want to watch it all the more: "Potentially dangerous". :lol:

CNET review:

Netflix's Cecil Hotel documentary: An irresponsible, bloated mess

It's dull, drawn out and potentially dangerous.

It's bad. And not just bad. Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel is bloated, dull and confusing. It's irresponsible and dishonest, indulging conspiracy theories that put already vulnerable victims at further risk.

Yeah I’ve seen where the references to Richard Ramirez they never really have concluded that he actually even stayed  there and stuff like that. 

In the end it’s a very very well produced documentary with a very simple answer. Also calls out the web sleuths which I actually enjoyed. Those people are losers...

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Check it out.  Good, freaky sh1t. I had it nailed very early

Watched it last weekend.  Enjoyed it

Meh. 
Could have been fewer episodes and not thrown the Morbid guy under the bus. 

8 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Meh. 
Could have been fewer episodes and not thrown the Morbid guy under the bus. 

you thought he was cute, didn't you?   I think they did him a solid by having him on the show. Gave him a chance to finally defend himself.  FOCKING MURDERER :mad: HE DID IT!!! :mad:  WEB SLEUTHS RULE! 

10 hours ago, Mungwater said:

Were they thirsty again 30 minutes after drinking the water?

:lol:

Some of the filler was stupid. The couple that were staying there. Wow. They were staying there. Didn't see or know anything. Great. It's like interviewing someone that lived in Dallas when Kennedy was shot, but were at home and didn't see anything.

19 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Some of the filler was stupid. The couple that were staying there. Wow. They were staying there. Didn't see or know anything. Great. It's like interviewing someone that lived in Dallas when Kennedy was shot, but were at home and didn't see anything.

But weren't they there when the water started being weird and tasting funny? 

Enjoy how Netflix celebrates web sleuths in Dont Fock With Cats then bash them in this documentary. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

But weren't they there when the water started being weird and tasting funny? 

Hmmm. You could be right. All I remember is them seeing a poster of her. 

14 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Enjoy how Netflix celebrates web sleuths in Dont Fock With Cats then bash them in this documentary. 

YES. This one was awesome and those people basically caught Luka Magnotta; they warned the police that he'd step it up and kill someone. 

8 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

YES. This one was awesome and those people basically caught Luka Magnotta; they warned the police that he'd step it up and kill someone. 

That was a good one. 

I'm in the middle of episode 4.  Ugh, somewhat entertaining but so far they are dragging this out way to much.  Could've been and hour and 40 minutes documentary.  

Any reason to continue?  I'm bored of it at this point.

Wait, this threw me off, just finished it.  It's 4 episodes, not 8.  :mad:

I thought the whole time there was so much more random stuff coming, then it just ended.  Damn you edjr. 

Just finished it......I'll give it a C+.  Cool story but could've been a 20/20 or Dateline hour show. 

Tucker Carlson is claiming that this is proof of Q anons accuracy in reporting that Hunter Biden had her killed.