Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

**Round One-Three Commentary**

Recommended Posts

Thanks for clearing up the issue of drafting def & kicker…..we must draft one of each!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not usually up by 6:00, sent my list to Mike & Fumble.  Let's do this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hawkeye is officially on the clock...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry about that guys.  I knew I should have just post my pick yesterday so I wouldn't forget.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a surprise Hawkeye. Did you consider anyone else (no names yet)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, robb said:

What a surprise Hawkeye. Did you consider anyone else (no names yet)? 

No, and that's why I thought of posting my pick yesterday.  Need to get in draft mode now.  Been a little hectic lately with getting a puppy Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, remote controller said:

This Top 3 in this format is pretty set in stone.

Yeah, for me it was really close between Cook and Henry.  The #3 slot looks to be a good one this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy, Standard Scoring makes pick #5 very interesting.  Not much to say or defend until all the players that "should have gone" are taken, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the first five picks are all solid.  I considered Chubb after seeing some projections.  He was #2 on a few of them and is on a talented team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry. Was driving to the beach. 
 

I can find positives and negatives with every player outside cmc cook and henry at the RB position. So I’m honestly happy picking anywhere in the top 9 or so. 
 

also think the upside on Barkley makes him top 4 and I would select him over Kamara and Chubb. He’s got big question marks but so do those guys, imo. Had Barkley been gone there another back I would have taken that would have been viewed as against the grain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was debating between Barkley and Kamara.

I still have those old reservations about taking a back coming off an ACL tear. Barkley's was early enough that he should be OK, but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barkley was going to be my pick, not surprised WW grabbed him there.  I think there is risk with this guy, but news reports suggest that the Giants are going to handle him with caution which should translate to him faring well over the length of the season.

Taylor is a decent value at 1.07 , he might be pedestrian but he also might outperform his ADP and get into the top tier overall for scoring. I think his value in this format could be muted just a bit, but decent value at that spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted Kamara, and was hoping you'd take Barkley.

Can't deny the potential, IF he stays healthy, which has been a problem the last couple of years.  Love the talent, but I might be a little gun shy after last year.  Can't ever predict injuries, per se, but circumstance didn't make me comfortable enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn’t pass up the value at 1.09 of Elliott. Could have a great year, also realize folks are down on him. He is still rather young and has his passing game in tack so no putting in 8 man fronts. Not an Elliott fan, but to get him at #9 is a bargain in my opinion.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the value of Elliot where you grabbed him, you should feel pretty good about that one.

Round 1 already feels more deep to me than it has been in a number of years, the "drop off" has yet to emerge in my eyes, where in years past one could reasonable place it in the 5-8 range.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He just has not appeared motivated since he got paid.  His ADP is around 8.  I see his ceiling as being kind of limited and his floor,  found.  He was horrible for me as my first pick last year so I am bitter.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, remote controller said:

He just has not appeared motivated since he got paid.  His ADP is around 8.  I see his ceiling as being kind of limited and his floor,  found.  He was horrible for me as my first pick last year so I am bitter.

His work ethic is an issue, he seems like a guy who won't get motivated unless money is on the line.

But the Dallas O-line was decimated by injuries last year, and the D couldn't stop anyone, which limited the running game.

He could easily bounce back, and I don't know that anyone else in this area has his upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, robb said:

Couldn’t pass up the value at 1.09 of Elliott. Could have a great year, also realize folks are down on him. He is still rather young and has his passing game in tack so no putting in 8 man fronts. Not an Elliott fan, but to get him at #9 is a bargain in my opinion.

He was my pick at 6 if Barkley was not there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

His work ethic is an issue, he seems like a guy who won't get motivated unless money is on the line.

But the Dallas O-line was decimated by injuries last year, and the D couldn't stop anyone, which limited the running game.

He could easily bounce back, and I don't know that anyone else in this area has his upside.

He was also better fantasy wise before his QB went down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone be available to text me for my next pick. I'm stuck on a damn call till 5pm and sometimes forget to check. 317 586 0589. Thanks a ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Yep......pretty interesting.   🤬

Guess the reigning Champ wants to keep us in suspense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Would anyone be available to text me for my next pick. I'm stuck on a damn call till 5pm and sometimes forget to check. 317 586 0589. Thanks a ton.

I’ll remember to do that as should others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones is currently my number 9 (ppr and standard my top 9 are the same) and will move up if his QB remains in Green Bay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Jones is currently my number 9 (ppr and standard my top 9 are the same) and will move up if his QB remains in Green Bay. 

I have him at 9 also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little slow today. Need to pick up the pace a bit tomorrow. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The turn has been made.

ICEMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

A little slow today. Need to pick up the pace a bit tomorrow. 😉

No excuses for the second round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been sitting here hitting F5 all day. Not complaining, but I have to run an errand. I'll be back online to make my pick by 6pm Eastern.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

He was my pick at 6 if Barkley was not there. 

That was the other one I expected there to be questions about passing over at 5.  I like his talent, but as you've already pointed out, there's question marks in the group after the top 3 - though I would put Kamara up in that clump myself.

If this is PPR, I'm putting Adams on the table at 5.  But with Standard and 2 required RBs, it changes the valuing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

A little slow today. Need to pick up the pace a bit tomorrow. 😉

I have big chunks of open time (ie, computer work) tomorrow, so I'm hopeful that we swing through several rounds.

Seems historically, we always have one day that doesn't make sense . . . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Been sitting here hitting F5 all day. Not complaining, but I have to run an errand. I'll be back online to make my pick by 6pm Eastern.

Ray is likely fixin to hop on his sail boat and leave us all hanging like he normally does.  He's lucky he's so dead sexy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×