Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Singer Macy Gray argues US needs a 'new flag' to replace 'tattered, dated, divisive' Old Glory

7 hours ago, peenie said:

Why is it that a single black person says something and that person’s words represent the feelings of all black people and liberals. I love the flag. I own a real flag and a flag pin and I even have a flag on 2 t-shirts. One shirt has the American flag on the front and the Japanese flag on the back. Stop generalizing please. 

Because for whatever reason the minority seems to be the deciding factor in a lot of issues. We are censored more than ever because a small portion of the population is a bunch of giant pvssies who get their feelings hurt from everything

All it takes is a few thousand people to push this through. The government would rather not offend that few thousand than the millions of people who would find changing the flag as an insult

Just like the Juneteenth and gay pride celebrations in Evanston. They would rather not offend those smaller groups of people than the much larger group of patriotic locals. Its ass backwards

We had a government that spent millions trying to pass a bathroom bill so that 50 people in the country could use whatever bathroom they felt like.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, peenie said:

Why is it that a single black person says something and that person’s words represent the feelings of all black people and liberals. I love the flag. I own a real flag and a flag pin and I even have a flag on 2 t-shirts. One shirt has the American flag on the front and the Japanese flag on the back. Stop generalizing please. 

No one said that. 

Why stop with just the flag? Lets change the Constitution, the White House, every statue ever put up, oh, and lets change the National Anthem while we are at it.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, peenie said:

Same reason 50 morons have a rally, and all of a sudden white supremacy is the biggest threat to America I guess. 

• Sad 1

"It no longer represents ALL of us," Gray wrote. "It’s not fair to be forced to honor it. It’s time for a new flag."

Evidently this numb cunt doesn't understand that the reason she's able to tweet this is because she's NOT forced to honor the American flag.

2 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

Why stop with just the flag? Lets change the Constitution, the White House, every statue ever put up, oh, and lets change the National Anthem while we are at it.  

That's the plan

• Thanks 1

In Jan 1991, at the onset of the first gulf war, Whitney Houston sang the national anthem in Tampa and moved me and so many others to tears. In Oct of 2001, weeks after the attacks on 9/11, Ray Charles sang America The Beautiful at the World Series in Arizona. Again, moved so many to tears. What the Fock happened? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In Jan 1991, at the onset of the first gulf war, Whitney Houston sang the national anthem in Tampa and moved me and so many others to tears. In Oct of 2001, weeks after the attacks on 9/11, Ray Charles sang America The Beautiful at the World Series in Arizona. Again, moved so many to tears. What the Fock happened? 

The left controls language.  Patriotism became nationalism.  Nationalism became white nationalism. White nationalism became white supremacy.  And here we are where a NYT "journalist" is disturbed by American flags on pick up trucks.

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

The left controls language.  Patriotism became nationalism.  Nationalism became white nationalism. White nationalism became white supremacy.  And here we are where a NYT "journalist" is disturbed by American flags on pick up trucks.

Liberals are mentally ill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Don’t forget the colleges and the useless professors who teach useless subjects that soft minded fools like Worms are brainwashed by. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Don’t forget the colleges and the useless professors who teach useless subjects that soft minded fools like Worms are brainwashed by. 

Colleges are the incubators for leftist logic that will eventually destroy us

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Colleges are the incubators for leftist logic that will eventually destroy us

It’s out of the incubation state it seems. 

3 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

I'm amazed that the original constitution and the white house haven't been attacked yet.

I mean the original constitution on display has the 3/5ths compromise written right there. Under glass in a taxpayer funded building. That is about as racist as you're gonna find.

And how can the symbol of our nation have the word white in it? I'm amazed they haven't painted it rainbow colors by now.

It's a matter of time before they bolt a giant c0ck on the statue of liberty to honor the trannies. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, peenie said:

Same reason all cops are bad because of a select few.....

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Same reason all cops are bad because of a select few.....

RLLD just won this thread...

Crushed it out of the park...

:first:

The b!tch is doubling down...  One thing for sure, if it wasn't for that flag, she wouldn't have a net worth of $12-$23 million...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/macy-gray-american-flag-redesign-salute-honor-234112346.html

Macy Gray isn't backing down from her controversial stance that the American flag should be redesigned. 

The 53-year-old Grammy-winning singer elicited mixed reactions over a Juneteenth op-ed she wrote for MarketWatch that quickly went viral. In the piece, Gray compared the U.S. flag to the Confederate flag, calling it "tattered, dated, divisive and incorrect." She doubled down on her assertion on Monday.

"Why do we have to celebrate a flag that now represents divisiveness and hate?" she declared on FOX 11.

Gray felt the need for change more than ever on Jan. 6, when she watched rioters storm the U.S. Capitol, many of whom carried American flags.

"The people there held it up as their symbol as 'this is what America represents,'" Gray continued. "'We're threatening to hang the vice president and our gang sign is the flag.'"

Gray said she "shouldn't have to salute" the current flag.

"I shouldn't have to honor it, I shouldn't have to pledge to it," she explained. "All I'm saying is let's redesign the flag for the rest of us who aren't a part of that tribe."

The musician worked with an artist to create a new flag, one that is more inclusive of all Americans. It has 52 stars to include Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico, and it features stars that are a range of colors, from dark to light, as on the melanin scale. As for the stripes, Gray wrote in her essay why they should be "off-white."

"The Smithsonian documents that the 'white' stripes represent purity and innocence. America is great. It is beautiful. Pure, it ain’t. It is broken and in pieces," she stated.

"The blue square represents vigilance and perseverance; and the red stripes stand for valor," she added. "America is all of those things. So, what if those elements on the flag remained?"

The latest change in the American flag was more than 60 years ago, when the new states Alaska and Hawaii were given stars.

"Sixty-two years later, in 2021, we have changed and it’s time for a reset, a transformation. One that represents all states and all of us," Gray concluded.

So will I be forced to pledge and honor this "new and improved" flag? If I don't, will I be canceled, doxed, fired...what is it? 

She doesn't have to pledge, honor, touch or do ANYTHING with the current flag, does she realize this? In fact she can kneel for it, and even burn it if she wants to. Will I be able to burn her new flag, or will I get arrested? 

3 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

So will I be forced to pledge and honor this "new and improved" flag? If I don't, will I be canceled, doxed, fired...what is it? 

She doesn't have to pledge, honor, touch or do ANYTHING with the current flag, does she realize this? In fact she can kneel for it, and even burn it if she wants to. Will I be able to burn her new flag, or will I get arrested? 

If you defy the new and improved flag, you will probably get hanged, drawn and quartered...

if the flag does get changed, "It won't be my flag!"