Sign in to follow this  
Crestwood 2

Fock Chicago

12 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Hmm… we have more gun deaths per capita than any African country… and they are almost all black people. There goes your “blame the blacks” argument right out the window.

:lol:

Your racism shines through. I never said anything about "blacks." 

20 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Some light reading for dogcows

Enlighten yourself and give up on that tired argument. 

I don’t feel greatly enlightened by reading that. The author’s entire piece to me is simply reframing things the way he wants them reframed.

He wants to include all countries, fine. America is still in the top 10 for gun deaths per capita.

But then the author decides “well let’s include all countries, but let’s exclude certain states in the US.” So, he wants to include everything first, but then start excluding data from states with high crime rates. Why is that different than excluding non “developed” countries? The author fails to explain why. Then he wants to change the argument from gun deaths to murder overall. Just constantly spinning and changing the argument until he gets the conclusion he wants. I guess that’s why the Mises Institute doesn’t have a great reputation…

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/mises-daily/

If we want to play the framing game, America is far better off economically than the South American countries with high murder rates. This generally should correspond to a much lower murder rate… but it doesn’t. Other countries with similar economies to America have much lower murder rates. Better economies generally correspond with less crime, so for us to be at similar levels to borderline failed states must be attributable to other factors. If you think the overabundance of guns isn’t a major factor in that, I personally think you’re ignoring reality.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

I don’t feel greatly enlightened by reading that. The author’s entire piece to me is simply reframing things the way he wants them reframed.

He wants to include all countries, fine. America is still in the top 10 for gun deaths per capita.

But then the author decides “well let’s include all countries, but let’s exclude certain states in the US.” So, he wants to include everything first, but then start excluding data from states with high crime rates. Why is that different than excluding non “developed” countries? The author fails to explain why. Then he wants to change the argument from gun deaths to murder overall. Just constantly spinning and changing the argument until he gets the conclusion he wants. I guess that’s why the Mises Institute doesn’t have a great reputation…

If we want to play the framing game, America is far better off economically than the South American countries with high murder rates. This generally should correspond to a much lower murder rate… but it doesn’t. Other countries with similar economies to America have much lower murder rates. Better economies generally correspond with less crime, so for us to be at similar levels to borderline failed states must be attributable to other factors. If you think the overabundance of guns isn’t a major factor in that, I personally think you’re ignoring reality.

Focking racist liberal.

10 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Regardless, statistical evidence shows if you remove certain demographics and a select few localities from the record books, America, with its 350+ million guns, in private hands, is a perfectly safe country in which to live. It's indisputable. 

The overwhelming majority of gun owners in this country are not the problem. If we were, you wouldn't be here to complain about it. Trust me. 

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Regardless, statistical evidence shows if you remove certain demographics and a select few localities from the record books, America, with its 350+ million guns, in private hands, is a perfectly safe country in which to live. It's indisputable. 

The overwhelming majority of gun owners in this country are not the problem. If we were, you wouldn't be here to complain about it. Trust me. 

Sure, remove certain demographics… and you can get any result you want.

We have too many guns. I don’t think most “law abiding” gun owners are the problem. It’s the sheer number. 1 out of 1000 guns are stolen each year. That doesn’t sound like a lot, but with nearly 400 million guns, that’s 400K stolen every year, presumably on the streets in the hands of criminals. It’s a numbers game. Even if people are careful, having 1 out of 1000 guns stolen is probably about what you can expect. 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Hmm… we have more gun deaths per capita than any African country… and they are almost all black people. There goes your “blame the blacks” argument right out the window.

You can talk all you want about gun deaths rates(which include suicide), and the total number of guns.  But as you can see, gun ownership absolutely does not correlate with actual gun murder rates. In 2010, Delaware had a meager 5% gun ownership rate.  But their gun murder rate per 100,000 was more than FOUR TIMES the rate of Montana where well over FIFTY percent of the people own guns. And in DC, where only 25% people own guns, you're exponentially more likely to get kilt than places with twice the gun ownership rate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_death_rates_in_the_United_States_by_state

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

We have too many guns. I don’t think most “law abiding” gun owners are the problem. It’s the sheer number. 1 out of 1000 guns are stolen each year. That doesn’t sound like a lot, but with nearly 400 million guns, that’s 400K stolen every year, presumably on the streets in the hands of criminals. It’s a numbers game. Even if people are careful, having 1 out of 1000 guns stolen is probably about what you can expect. 

You are fighting a losing battle. You are not correct. It's people who kill people, not guns killing people. 

Crime is what should be addressed, but liberals want to defund the police. And in democrat cities where all these murders are happening, is because of the democrats running those cities. 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Cause half of them die of aids, starvation and malaria. Also those that don’t get into gangs really young as well

10 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Couldn’t it just as easily have been a white, homeless guy all messed up on drugs?

Except- that isn’t what actually happened. 

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Cause half of them die of aids, starvation and malaria. Also those that don’t get into gangs really young as well

Machetes. The Rwandan genocide that occurred within 3 months in 1994, that killed between 800k- 1.1 m was not done with guns, but machetes. I bet dogclowns didn’t learn that in his history class.  Muh, racism! 

12 hours ago, fandandy said:

There is a reason the good lord segregated us by race.  Who am I to tell him that was a bad idea?

Also made each of us a different color to keep em sparated.

16 shot, 7 killed yesterday in Chicago. White supremacy is the biggest threat we face. Unless you’re black in a democrat run city. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

16 shot, 7 killed yesterday in Chicago. White supremacy is the biggest threat we face. Unless you’re black in a democrat run city. 

And it's going up. When does lightfoot get her turn?

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 314
Shot & Wounded: 1478
Total Shot: 1792
Total Homicides: 332

It is still amazing to me that "guns are killing people"...  I never knew that inanimate object's could do things like that...  Loading themselves, aiming and then pulling their trigger all without hands?  Pure talent...

35 minutes ago, posty said:

It is still amazing to me that "guns are killing people"...  I never knew that inanimate object's could do things like that...  Loading themselves, aiming and then pulling their trigger all without hands?  Pure talent...

#metoo :dunno:

• Like 1

My sons (11 & 13) went to the Cubs game with their friends tonight.  

I’m still waiting up for them to get home. 

The parents who took them said it was pretty much the same sort of experience it has always been. 

The place was packed, everything was expensive and the Cubs won   

It’s nice to hear that some things and people are returning to normal there  

We’re going to a big convention in Rosement in late July for biz.    

We might throw a side trip to get a pizza and catch a Cubs game while we’re passing the city.   

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

My sons (11 & 13) went to the Cubs game with their friends tonight.  

I’m still waiting up for them to get home. 

The parents who took them said it was pretty much the same sort of experience it has always been. 

The place was packed, everything was expensive and the Cubs won   

It’s nice to hear that some things and people are returning to normal there  

We’re going to a big convention in Rosement in late July for biz.    

We might throw a side trip to get a pizza and catch a Cubs game while we’re passing the city.   

I wouldn’t go near the place until they get serious about the crime. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I wouldn’t go near the place until they get serious about the crime. 

Like most big cities,  it’s always been dangerous in and around the ghettos. 

The shift to a more hands - off police force is a concern though.  

On 6/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, dogcows said:

The real insanity is that we literally have more guns than people in America. Probably there is some correlation between that and the fact that we have way more gun deaths per capita than every country except a couple 3rd-world South American failed states run by drug cartels…

You may be right when you say that the only people worse at keeping law and order than the Democrats that run things now are the drug cartels.  Though I am not sure that either group really wants real change.

On 6/20/2021 at 12:13 AM, dogcows said:

There are too many cars. Guns and cars kill people. Fried foods too!! Fat kills people. Sugar!!! That kills people. 

Get rid of all of these things. They all kill people. 

Oh, and sharp objects. :mad:

Oh crap, and rape....get rid of people....I guess.....

On 6/20/2021 at 12:13 PM, dogcows said:

I'll agree there.

Guns should be registered, like cars, and the registered owner is responsible for it.

If you don't report your gun stolen, and it is used in a crime, you get charged with a felony.

If you can't keep up with all your guns, you have too many guns. 

• Thanks 1