Jump to content
Mike FF Today

Round Eleven-Sixteen Commentary - July Mock 2021

Recommended Posts

I didn’t read the rules thread and totally would have drafted a kicker in 16. 
 

thank you, sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Remember, no kickers! :nono:

🗣️

I saw that and was thinking someone would draft a kicker! Guess that won’t happen now. This is the way leagues should be set up! Thanks Mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is everyone alright with me making my picks in the morning?  I have my player list at my office so it’s a lot easier doing it there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Is everyone alright with me making my picks in the morning?  I have my player list at my office so it’s a lot easier doing it there. 

Did you not give your picks to Mike per what you said in the Round 10 Commentary thread? If not, NP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, robb said:

Did you not give your picks to Mike per what you said in the Round 10 Commentary thread? If not, NP.

There were so many people taken it was hard for me to keep track of who was left.  Without my list and just using my phone it was a pain trying to keep track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point in the draft it's all about building depth and trying to find guys who might break out.  Michael Gallup is in a contract year and while he's their WR3, he can put up some good numbers.  He's certainly good enough to be my WR4 in the 10th round.

James Conner is in a backup role but he's better in that role than the fulltime starter.  He should have plenty of opportunities to put up good points.  He's my RB5 so he offers nothing but upside for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

At this point in the draft it's all about building depth and trying to find guys who might break out.  Michael Gallup is in a contract year and while he's their WR3, he can put up some good numbers.  He's certainly good enough to be my WR4 in the 10th round.

James Conner is in a backup role but he's better in that role than the fulltime starter.  He should have plenty of opportunities to put up good points.  He's my RB5 so he offers nothing but upside for me.

Both were on my Draft List for these later rounds. Good pick ups!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty impressed with this squad through 10 rounds.

 

Lamar Jackson

Sanders, Mostert, Fournette, Edwards

Hill, Ridley, Thomas, Hilton

Thomas

 

Did real well scooping up values.  Those wideouts are crAZY GOOD, add to that the Qb and it's a scorcher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I'm pretty impressed with this squad through 10 rounds.

 

Lamar Jackson

Sanders, Mostert, Fournette, Edwards

Hill, Ridley, Thomas, Hilton

Thomas

 

Did real well scooping up values.  Those wideouts are crAZY GOOD, add to that the Qb and it's a scorcher. 

:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, remote controller said:

Mecole at #5 just adds some sauce.

actually i have to say i sort of spaced out on my desire to draft Irv Smith. good pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to say, but it’s been over 2 hours. Any idea where Frozenbeernuts is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help me out folks,,,,,,,,,why would Fuller fall so far here? His ADP and Best Ball Rankings have him going in the 7-8 rounds. Here he lasted until the 11th. Just curious for my knowledge going forward. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robb said:

Help me out folks,,,,,,,,,why would Fuller fall so far here? His ADP and Best Ball Rankings have him going in the 7-8 rounds. Here he lasted until the 11th. Just curious for my knowledge going forward. Thanks!

Suspended first 4 games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspension, injury history, crowded WR corps, and questions on how well Tua will be able to utilize Fuller's strengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Suspended first 4 games

I think he's only suspended for the first game this year.  Still, he was on my list for my next pick.  These last 6-7 picks we're all on my list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, robb said:

Help me out folks,,,,,,,,,why would Fuller fall so far here? His ADP and Best Ball Rankings have him going in the 7-8 rounds. Here he lasted until the 11th. Just curious for my knowledge going forward. Thanks!

I considered taking him but there are just way too many questions.  He's never done very well with anyone other than Watson at QB.  He's suspended for a game.  He has more competition for catches.  How good is Tua going to be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worm: I was debating between Trautman and Gesicki. Would you have taken Trautman had I taken Gesicki?

others have comments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trautman is a little lower in my rankings, I don't think I would have taken him.  Got sniped on Hardman/Parker/Fuller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, robb said:

Worm: I was debating between Trautman and Gesicki. Would you have taken Trautman had I taken Gesicki?

others have comments?

I would have taken Gesicki over Trautman, but I like Truatman's potential.  NO let Cook and Hill go, which makes Trautman pretty much the only game in town at the TE position.  He could easily become the third receiving option in that offense.  I think he's a great #2 TE.  If he pans out you are gold, if not you're already covered (although there are some question marks surrounding Tonyan this year too...so I may have leaned in a "safer" direction?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Did Troutman really get taken over Evan Engram? I dont get it. I love the value here.

I agree.  I took Engram in the June mock and thought it was great value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr. Landry said:

I would have taken Gesicki over Trautman, but I like Truatman's potential.  NO let Cook and Hill go, which makes Trautman pretty much the only game in town at the TE position.  He could easily become the third receiving option in that offense.  I think he's a great #2 TE.  If he pans out you are gold, if not you're already covered (although there are some question marks surrounding Tonyan this year too...so I may have leaned in a "safer" direction?).

Glad to hear the feedback on Trautman, kind of why I selected him. As my TE2 I was looking for “opportunity” here. He very easily could be their 3rd option in the passing game. Gisecki has a ton of pass catching competition in front of him and I am not convinced he is a true “pass catcher”. Time will tell I guess. Thanks everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering when Waddle would get taken. I think he is GREAT value here Mr Landry and personally, by the middle of the season, he will be Miami’s best WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Landry would have done his job he would have grabbed Gallup in round 11, then Waddle would have fallen to me here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robb said:

I was wondering when Waddle would get taken. I think he is GREAT value here Mr Landry and personally, by the middle of the season, he will be Miami’s best WR.

I was considering him but didn't want to roll with 2 rookie WR. I'm also not sold on Tua. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×