Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Zack Moss, Trey Sermon Inactive

What the hell?  Sermon wasn't even on the injury report.  I wonder why he's inactive.

I guess Sermon has an ankle injury?  I see the Shanihanigans passed from father to son.

Now I have to figure out if I need to drop Sermon for my sleepiest sleeper pick Elijah Mitchell.  I mean, shìt.  If Sermon is a healthy scratch, what the hell happened.  He practiced all God damned week.

Hasty is a 3rd down pass catching back.  Apparently Sermon is the #4.  

Also possible Sermon just doesn't play special teams so they deactivate him on game day, but if Mostert goes down, Sermon gets significant playing time.  I can tell you this, though.  As a Elijah Mitchell fan, I don't think you want him showing what he can do in this outside zone scheme.  He's a legit runningback.  The only reason I didn't bang the drum on him is I THOUGHT Sermon was in front of him.  

Things are looking up for the guy that drafted Dobbins in my league. He has both Mostert and Singeltary.

I wonder why Sermon is inactive. Hopefully he gets a chance to show what he can do this year.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Matt Breida is one of the fastest RBs in the NFL.

Just sayin'...

Speed don't mean squat if you don't get the opportunity to use it.  Clearly teams don't see him as a starting caliber RB.  He's a perennial backup.

33 minutes ago, nobody said:

Now I have to figure out if I need to drop Sermon for my sleepiest sleeper pick Elijah Mitchell.  I mean, shìt.  If Sermon is a healthy scratch, what the hell happened.  He practiced all God damned week.

No way you drop him. If he is 3rd on the depth chart those RB’s need to play special teams. Anyone who drafted Sermon and Willams knew they might not pay off right out of the gate. It’s only a matter of time before Sermon climbs the depth chart and we all know Mostert’s injury issues

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Sermon dream is over, much like Carter, he is 4th string and simply got beat out by everyone else.

I don't know about the dream being over but its still kind of funny watching Sermon truthers scramble this am. My opponent in my BML currently has him in the flex spot. Still after this week I will throw a lowball offer at him see if he is panicked. 

Breida a backup but and caveat ‘when healthy’ can be quite productive. He will see the field this year and I’m guessing he’s picked up the playbook quite well.

8 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I don't know about the dream being over but its still kind of funny watching Sermon truthers scramble this am. My opponent in my BML currently has him in the flex spot. Still after this week I will throw a lowball offer at him see if he is panicked. 

Yea there were legit lots of people flexing him thinking he would be splitting 50/50 with Mostert in a winning game today. 

31 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Speed don't mean squat if you don't get the opportunity to use it.  Clearly teams don't see him as a starting caliber RB.  He's a perennial backup.

And then the 2021 season started...

16 minutes ago, DrG said:

Breida a backup but and caveat ‘when healthy’ can be quite productive. He will see the field this year and I’m guessing he’s picked up the playbook quite well.

Picked it up enough to make Moss inactive.

37 minutes ago, rilett said:

No way you drop him. If he is 3rd on the depth chart those RB’s need to play special teams. Anyone who drafted Sermon and Willams knew they might not pay off right out of the gate. It’s only a matter of time before Sermon climbs the depth chart and we all know Mostert’s injury issues

In the only league I invested in Sermon, the rosters are so small I can't afford to hold a guy who's value is so little that the 49ers don't even need to activate him.  That's not a good look for Sermon.  His draft position was predicated on him having stand-alone value.  Mitchell had a hip injury for most of preseason and didn't even play for Christs sake.