Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Climate change nerd schooled by Jordan Peterson

Seriously, who is this guy & why does the internet lionize him? I guess hes the replacement to when you guys were jerking off to Rand Paul?

28 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Seriously, who is this guy & why does the internet lionize him? I guess hes the replacement to when you guys were jerking off to Rand Paul?

Maybe because he's a brilliant thinker and a very interesting speaker?     

You could educate yourself - there's many interviews and podcasts with him available.    His sit downs with Joe Rogen are good.    His podcasts are good but can be very dry depending on who he is talking to.    His 1 hr interview that he did with Tucker about 4-5 months ago is excellent in my opinion.    Don't worry - Tucker hardly speaks in it.   He basically just asks a couple of questions and then shuts up while JP answers.    That interview spends most of it's time going over who he is and how he got to where he is now.      

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

Maybe because he's a brilliant thinker and a very interesting speaker?     

You could educate yourself - there's many interviews and podcasts with him available.    His sit downs with Joe Rogen are good.    His podcasts are good but can be very dry depending on who he is talking to.    His 1 hr interview that he did with Tucker about 4-5 months ago is excellent in my opinion.    Don't worry - Tucker hardly speaks in it.   He basically just asks a couple of questions and then shuts up while JP answers.    That interview spends most of it's time going over who he is and how he got to where he is now.      

:wub:    yup. The dude is great to listen to.  He even sat down with Bill Maher

40 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

He is a realist. Therefore the left must hate him because their whole platform is fantasy. 

100%  He speaks up against beta cuck men too, so the left despises him

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Why don’t you listen and find out? 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why don’t you listen and find out? 

I have. He just comes across as pompous and condescending. And I guess what you people consider insight, I consider common sense.

But, UBU.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I have. He just comes across as pompous and condescending. And I guess what you people consider insight, I consider common sense.

But, UBU.

The kid that asked the question seems like he's a  hell of a lot more pompous and condescending to me. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

But, UBU.

Then why did you ask who he is? 

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

But, UBU.

Real is pompous. Educated properly is pompous. Being one of the most read persons on earth is pompous. Calling out pronouns is pompous got it

stay stupid and in line

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Real is pompous. Educated properly is pompous. Being one of the most read persons on earth is pompous. Calling out pronouns is pompous got it

stay stupid and in line

No. I would say that stating the obvious while acting like you just invented the concept is pompous.

He's just a different flavor of Joel Osteen.

18 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

No. I would say that stating the obvious while acting like you just invented the concept is pompous.

the obvious that nobody on the left can accept?

39 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I don’t see libtards freaking out about Olsteen, trying to get him banned. 

23 hours ago, wiffleball said:

You'd be surprised at how valuable someone staying obvious shìt is. For instance, how can you effectively advocate for climate change when the models are all wrong and you can't even measure the impact of any measures taken?

People don't seem to think those two obvious things are very obvious.

The real money is in doing obvious shìt.  Elon Musk is going to be a trillionaire by doing obvious shìt.  It's one thing to talk about it.  It's another thing entirely to actually follow through.

On 11/25/2021 at 1:37 PM, wiffleball said:

But, UBU.

A stupid man’s idea of a smart man.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 1:37 PM, wiffleball said:

But, UBU.

You should read his book, its great.  He really calls out bad behaviors and ways of thinking to inspire people to be less dumb.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

A stupid man’s idea of a smart man.

Says the guy who supports Biden

who is one of the smart men you listen to or read?  Do you read? Cause nothing I’ve ever heard from Jordan Peterson is not well researched and studied  much less logical. Sorry he doesn’t care about feelings 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Please educate me as to his educational background.

DIY

This is what kids in college should be hearing and learning

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

My daughter loves him and is on a waiting list to get tickets to see him when he comes to Georgia next year. (Who even knew he was traveling doing shows?)

You should listen to your daughter. . .

Racism is just a tool to divide the lower classes. History is full of examples of strife between the upper and lower classes without racism being a factor. Think the divide in France that led to a revolution was about race? No, it was about the haves and the have nots. We are sold that the conflict is left and right when it’s really up and down. A middle class black person and a middle class white person have more common concerns than differences. But if you throw race into it now we are divided. That one thing separates us because that’s what we are fed. It’s a made up conflict to divide us as if we were land. One side gets most of the whites, the other side gets the rest. 

• Thanks 1

You have to appreciate that a guy saying a bunch of word salad is considered "schooling" someone. Even a dorky kid like the one in the video asking the question.

Also, I know when I want discussion on climate change I go first and foremost to a psychologist. They have their finger on the pulse I'm sure. 

41 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You have to appreciate that a guy saying a bunch of word salad is considered "schooling" someone. Even a dorky kid like the one in the video asking the question.

Also, I know when I want discussion on climate change I go first and foremost to a psychologist. They have their finger on the pulse I'm sure. 

seems like a good place to start, a guy who isn't paid off by the green scam and just reads more than probably most 99.99999% of the people in this world

he always sites facts from everything

Would you consider Biden partaking in word salad? At least a salad works together and can make sense. Biden just says a bunch of words that don’t even form a salad. Racism! Russia! 

59 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

No, you go to people like Greta Thunberg, Al Gore, and Bill Nye the Mechanical Engineer!

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

No, you go to people like Greta Thunberg, Al Gore, and Bill Nye the Mechanical Engineer!

Ha! No way in hell he can name a real scientist.  

31 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

seems like a good place to start, a guy who isn't paid off by the green scam and just reads more than probably most 99.99999% of the people in this world

he always sites facts from everything

Well considering you don't know the difference between "cites" and "sites" no wonder you think he is brilliant. 

11 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I mean- Bill Nye is at least closer to being a scientist of some kind. I could give a what Greta Thunberg says. The only reason I even know the name is because conservatives posted videos slagging her. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Well considering you don't know the difference between "cites" and "sites" no wonder you think he is brilliant. 

I mean- Bill Nye is at least closer to being a scientist of some kind.

And what kind of scientist would that be?

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

And what kind of scientist would that be?

Nye at least did engineering and built parts of 747's for Boeing.

So not a scientist by letter of the title but still- closer. 

• Haha 1

There are/were scientists that claim coal can be burned cleanly. Sad that people rely on what they hear instead of what they see. Cigarettes are good for you! Smoke Winston, 4 out of 5 doctors recommend Winston! 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Nye at least did engineering and built parts of 747's for Boeing.

So not a scientist by letter of the title but still- closer. 

🤪

OK, so you get your information from a mechanical engineer because you believe he is CLOSER to a Scientist than a psychologist.  

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

🤪

OK, so you get your information from a mechanical engineer because you believe he is CLOSER to a Scientist than a psychologist.  

I mean I didn't say I got my information from Bill Nye. Just pointed out that if someone wanted to get their information from him he is at least near the ballpark. 

30 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I mean- Bill Nye is at least closer to being a scientist of some kind. I could give a what Greta Thunberg says. The only reason I even know the name is because conservatives posted videos slagging her. 

you got me damn you voice chat

I don't get my science from anyone, I listen to people speak, and determine whether what they say is intelligent, coherent and logical

I think you get your science from AOC

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I mean I didn't say I got my information from Bill Nye. Just pointed out that if someone wanted to get their information from him he is at least near the ballpark. 

Yes, science is based on being near the ballpark.  Lol. 

Why do lefties hate him? Is he some staunch republican? Does he love Trump?

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Why do lefties hate him? Is he some staunch republican? Does he love Trump?

One of the reasons is he says colleges are a scam. And they don’t want to accept that they have been scammed. Even though it’s clear as day. Private college enrollment has skyrocketed in the last three decades. They just built more dorms. It’s not like everyone all of a sudden took smart pills.