Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

59 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Lightyear isn’t Toy Story.  It’s a spin-off.  

Retard

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Retard

Have you seen the trailer?  It’s completely different.  

It’s been banned in 14 countries. Those countries accounted for 5 pct of toystory 4’s sales. That won’t help. And it’s not going to help future sales of other projects if they stick to their lgbtq agenda. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s been banned in 14 countries. Those countries accounted for 5 pct of toystory 4’s sales. That won’t help. And it’s not going to help future sales of other projects if they stick to their lgbtq agenda. 

I wasn’t aware that Saudi Arabia was counted in US box office numbers

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I wasn’t aware that Saudi Arabia was counted in US box office numbers

They aren’t. Duh. So what’s your point? This ought to be good. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They aren’t. Duh. So what’s your point? This ought to be good. 

Because the discussion was about how it “flopped” at the box office, which my understanding was only referring to US or maybe North American theaters.

28 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Because the discussion was about how it “flopped” at the box office, which my understanding was only referring to US or maybe North American theaters.

They already made a deliberate choice to write off / not bother looking toward the Muslim world and China to raise revenue.

Disney has no problem sh1tting on Uighers and Tiananmen protestors to score up cash in China. In summary, what we've learned is that genocide and crushing democracy are perfectly fine for Disney but they  draw a firm line at the greatest sin of all in their religious worldview: censoring LBGTQ stuff.

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Listen you brain dead jackass. I brought up the fact that they had a net gain. None of you retards did. You’re the worst poster here. And I mean that. Are you in a wheelchair or something? Not making fun, just wondering. 

Are you talking about Disney+ subscribers?  If so, you’re wrong.  I think someone else already pointed this out to you, but the “3 million” was talking about the Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD, not Disney+

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-lose-millions-of-viewers-to-streaming-services/

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

They already made a deliberate choice to write off / not bother looking toward the Muslim world and China to raise revenue.

Disney has no problem sh1tting on Uighers and Tiananmen protestors to score up cash in China. In summary, what we've learned is that genocide and crushing democracy are perfectly fine for Disney but they  draw a firm line at the greatest sin of all in their religious worldview: censoring LBGTQ stuff.

You’re talking about 2 different things.  Is Disney refusing to do business with any countries?  If not, then yea it’s because they like money.  That’s different than modifying a product specifically so a particular country will accept it. But they also like “being woke,” so they’re probably not going to do that either.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Are you talking about Disney+ subscribers?  If so, you’re wrong.  I think someone else already pointed this out to you, but the “3 million” was talking about the Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD, not Disney+

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-lose-millions-of-viewers-to-streaming-services/

No.

He's talking about the spat between Disney and Florida that occurred in April and so posting things timestamped November 22nd is irrelevant to that discussion. Several of us have looked, including me, and none of us have found data more recent than April 2nd (released in early May), so we're all still speculating at this point as to what effect the company's public spat with Florida and embrace of Woke religion will mean going forward.

7 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

No.

He's talking about the spat between Disney and Florida that occurred in April and so posting things timestamped November 22nd is irrelevant to that discussion. Several of us have looked, including me, and none of us have found data more recent than April 2nd (released in early May), so we're all still speculating at this point as to what effect the company's public spat with Florida and embrace of Woke religion will mean going forward.

He literally said “he googled and found Disney lost 3 million subscribers.”  But that was talking about the TV channels, not Disney+, and he was saying it was because they were woke (which of course they were even before the Desantis/Florida stuff), not because TV channels have been losing subscribers TO streaming services for years.

46 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You’re talking about 2 different things.  Is Disney refusing to do business with any countries?  If not, then yea it’s because they like money.  That’s different than modifying a product specifically so a particular country will accept it. But they also like “being woke,” so they’re probably not going to do that either.

You don't know/understand the significance of Disney choosing to film Mulan in Xingjaing two years ago. Xingjiang is an autonomous zone in the deep northwest of China, the home region of the Uyghur ethnic minority. It's not exactly a filming mecca, it's well off the beaten track. In normal times, it's a minor forgettable province that's mostly out-of-site, out-of-mind. But these aren't normal times. 

At the time Disney was thinking to make Mulan, they could have selected any province to film that movie in. Any one. China as a couple dozen provinces to chose from. For the past few years, and surely at this time though, normally backwards-ass Xiangjiang has been in the news a lot. This is the epicenter of where China has been enduring international condemnation for conducting genocide. They were/are sterilizing the Uyghur men and women, putting them in prison re-education camps, stamping out their language, religion, culture, and splitting up families. There was no better way for Disney to send the message to the CCP and the rest of the world that "we don't give a sh*t about Chinese atrocities" than to film their movie in the middle of where all the Chinese atrocities were going on around them.

Filming in Xiangjiang sent a message. It meant that Disney wanted to stick their tongues as deep up the CCP's ass as they could stretch it. Disney has theme parks in Shanghai and in Hong Kong. They want their films broadcast in the world's biggest market. They clearly don't care about Uyghurs and whatever China does with them. This was right around the time of the Hong Kong crackdowns too.

So, yes... it's a valid point. That corporation's defective amoral code has no problem with genocide or democracy crackdowns. It's singularly anti-wokeness where they draw a red line.

Since @Voltaire seems to really want to talk more about the Desantis/Disney special tax status story…

Remenber when the board righties didn’t care that this would be a tax increase on the local residents (seemingly because that area leans Democrat…by 56% to 43%)?

Whoops.  Desantis hints Florida may take over, so the whole state would be responsible for the added costs.

https://apple.news/Ankad6MZ3Qciio2XB3MPEoQ

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Since @Voltaire seems to really want to talk more about the Desantis/Disney special tax status story…

Remenber when the board righties didn’t care that this would be a tax increase on the local residents (seemingly because that area leans Democrat…by 56% to 43%).

Whoops.  Desantis hints Florida may take over, so the whole state would be responsible for the added costs.

https://apple.news/Ankad6MZ3Qciio2XB3MPEoQ

Hinted at... more likely that... from an article in May. Maybe there's something more substantial thata's transpired than an obvious hit piece from a month ago.

Disney has had special tax privelieges for decades and now those are being lifted because they bit off more than they could chew. Let's see if I can dig up something from the last week.

50 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

No.

JFC- HT said Disney+ was losing subscribers because "go woke, go broke" (which is incredibly idiotic anyway because Disney is not going to go broke- but hey it rhymes). He can't prove they are because numbers are not there yet. There are some Q2 numbers- that are not finalized- that show Disney+ net subscriber number is up so HT is incredibly wrong here. Or at the very least- has no data to support what he is saying yet. It's okay to say that instead of trying to play "Well...actually"

Also, Tim Hauck pretty succinctly wrapped up the inane things HT has said, and been wrong about, in this thread. HT took a beating in here and keeps coming back for more. 

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Hinted at... more likely that... from an article in May. Maybe there's something more substantial thata's transpired than an obvious hit piece from a month ago.

Disney has had special tax privelieges for decades and now those are being lifted because they bit off more than they could chew. Let's see if I can dig up something from the last week.

In fairness, I can't find anything more recent either after a quick search.

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

JFC- HT said Disney+ was losing subscribers because "go woke, go broke" (which is incredibly idiotic anyway because Disney is not going to go broke- but hey it rhymes). He can't prove they are because numbers are not there yet. There are some Q2 numbers- that are not finalized- that show Disney+ net subscriber number is up so HT is incredibly wrong here. Or at the very least- has no data to support what he is saying yet. It's okay to say that instead of trying to play "Well...actually"

Also, Tim Hauck pretty succinctly wrapped up the inane things HT has said, and been wrong about, in this thread. HT took a beating in here and keeps coming back for more. 

Other than speculate that HT is going to be proven wrong, everything else is exactly what I said. 

10 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

In fairness, I can't find anything more recent either after a quick search.

Yeah I don’t think there has been much on it recently.   Pretty sure nothing is confirmed yet.  My bet is it doesn’t even happen.  It was a distraction and a way for Desantis to earn some political points with the anti-woke crowd.

My bet is they just modify the agreement a  little like removing Disney’s ability to build a nuclear power plant.  But the current agreement is really what’s in the best interest of both parties.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah I don’t think there has been much on it recently.   Pretty sure nothing is confirmed yet.  My bet is it doesn’t even happen.  It was a distraction and a way for Desantis to earn some political points with the anti-woke crowd.

My bet is they just modify the agreement a  little like removing Disney’s ability to build a nuclear power plant.  But the current agreement is really what’s in the best interest of both parties.

Pretty sure at the time it was reported the districting thing was pushed out and could be reapplied for and negotiated. It was scheduled to happen after the upcoming elections in 2023. So yes- it is most likely just scoring political points and amounts to nothing. 

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

We don't know what they'll do and no formal plan has been released. We just have that speculation from a couple of months ago. When it is, it may not be be dumbed down significantly for me to understand. In the mean time, different news silos will have different predictions as to what the outcome will entail and there'll be a lot of court cases along the way before things settle. The only thing apparent to all is that the apple cart has been overturned.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

We don't know what they'll do and no formal plan has been released. We just have that speculation from a couple of months ago. When it is, it may not be be dumbed down significantly for me to understand. In the mean time, different news silos will have different predictions as to what the outcome will entail and there'll be a lot of court cases along the way before things settle. The only thing apparent to all is that the apple cart has been overturned.

And even if you could make a claim Disney is “being cancelled for being woke” (which you can’t), you couldn’t tie it to the Desantis/Florida issue.  I think the only thing HT got right in this thread is Disney stock was going down well before that.

On 6/17/2022 at 9:48 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Of course not.  They are too big to be canceled. But they are going to leave a lot of money on the table. 

Mooney is such an idiot. 

• Sad 1

With so many people sticking their necks on the line as to what these numbers are going to look like, somebody in this thread is going to be eating a Joey Chestnut sized serving of crow in the near future.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How is Spotify doing? Lol

Why don’t you tell us? 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How is Spotify doing? Lol

What does this have to do with Disney?

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why don’t you tell us? 

Down big time. 

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What does this have to do with Disney?

Other streaming services were mentioned. I can’t? That all you got? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Down big time. 

Well Rogan is still on there so they must not be very woke 

26 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Well Rogan is still on there so they must not be very woke 

Spotify is getting pressure from their woke employees and are taking half measures that don't placate them but meanwhile piss off the free speech people. Like they have recently set up an Orwellian/Bidenesque ministry of Truth type bullsh*t but who know what it'll do or if it'll have any real authority. They also removed a bunch of old Rogan episodes. What they've managed to do so far has the sh1tbag freaks unsatisfied and the Rogan fans are pissed.

Presently, it looks though like the sh*tbag faction's protests have peaked and are running out of gas. We'll see what their Orwellian Ministry of Truth does.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Spotify is getting pressure from their woke employees and are taking half measures that don't placate them but meanwhile piss off the free speech people. Like they have recently set up an Orwellian/Bidenesque ministry of Truth type bullsh*t but who know what it'll do or if it'll have any real authority. They also removed a bunch of old Rogan episodes. What they've managed to do so far has the sh1tbag freaks unsatisfied and the Rogan fans are pissed.

Presently, it looks though like the sh*tbag faction's protests have peaked and are running out of gas. We'll see what their Orwellian Ministry of Truth does.

Did they remove the Rogan episodes recently?  I thought I read that happened right when he signed the deal with Spotify 

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Did they remove the Rogan episodes recently?  I thought I read that happened right when he signed the deal with Spotify 

I don't think so. I am not aware of any in the last couple of months.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mooney is such an idiot. 

There is only one idiot in this thread....and Tim Hauck covered your stupidity pretty fully for everyone. 

16 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Are you saying they lost 3 million net subscribers?  If so, that is incorrect.  Other incorrect statements you have made in this thread:

Disney stock price closed 2021 at 201

Going woke is why Netflix is down

Disney waiting to move jobs that already existed is somehow a big deal for them

Saying a stock that was down $8 was down 8%

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Other streaming services were mentioned. I can’t? That all you got? 

I was just asking why you brought it up.  Spotify is anti woke as they support Rogan.  If they are losing subscribers then how does that support your argument that woke means broke?

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I was just asking why you brought it up.  Spotify is anti woke as they support Rogan.  If they are losing subscribers then how does that support your argument that woke means broke?

Well, they don’t have a choice. And I guess they didn’t re up with Obama and Meghan Markle because they were making so much money with them.  That usually happens when very few listen to what you offer. 

40 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Why didn’t you ask why others brought it up? Hack. 

Why didn’t you ask why others brought it up? Hack. 

You were the only one to bring up Spotify, retard.

• Haha 1

Well, they don’t have a choice. And I guess they didn’t re up with Obama and Meghan Markle because they were making so much money with them.  That usually happens when very few listen to what you offer. 

They certainly do have a choice.  

Do you still think Disney+ lost 3 million subscribers?