Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The 2023 Housing Bubble ***Apocalypse***

Just now, TimHauck said:

Simply pointing out that it’s not really relevant to compare the cost of renting an apartment to the cost of buying a house.  If you were to compare to the cost of buying a similar sized condo, that might make some sense.  That is all.

It's cost in general. I'm making a point that we do other things with our money rather than putting it into a house. We aren't moving from where we live now because of various reasons. We can afford to buy a house but choose not to because we don't need that much space. And property tax alone would cost us more than rent. We can take the $800,000 or whatever and invest it in other ways. Which is what we do. And we never have any home repair bills. Just our cars. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The average property tax in New Jersey is 8400. So craftsman says he lives in an area that is paying 22000-30000 in property taxes.

I mean- not likely

Yeah, you go live in Camden or Trenton, or even Newark, not me. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The average property tax in New Jersey is 8400. So craftsman says he lives in an area that is paying 22000-30000 in property taxes.

I mean- not likely

A bunch of towns in Bergen County have property taxes that top $20k. I doubt you’re getting an apartment in any of them for $1700 though.

More likely Peefoam is lying again.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Yeah, you go live in Camden or Trenton, or even Newark, not me. 

I wouldn't live in the trash hole that is New Jersey anyway

Just now, MDC said:

A bunch of towns in Bergen County have property taxes that top $20k. I doubt you’re getting an apartment in any of them for $1700 though.

More likely Peefoam is lying again.

Exactly....Or he has a 100 square foot apartment for him and his hot plate

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

I wouldn't live in the trash hole that is New Jersey anyway

Whatever. Life takes people to places you don't necessarily see your self in at times. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Exactly....Or he has a 100 square foot apartment for him and his hot plate

You guys are really just stupid. It's why you live in shltholes wasting your money in life. 

I think I'm starting to make liberals here jealous. They flat out are in awe at my living space details and how smart it is, so they have to retreat into their shame and simply call it all a lie. :lol::banana:

Just now, craftsman said:

I think I'm starting to make liberals her jealous. They flat out are in awe at my living space details and how smart it is, so they have to retreat into their shame and simply call it all a lie. :lol::banana:

Yeah we’re all jealous of your 1BR apartment in some undisclosed neighborhood of NJ. 

Sounds awesome and sort of fake. :unsure: 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yeah we’re all jealous of your 1BR apartment in some undisclosed neighborhood of NJ. 

Yeah we are all jealous of a guy who lives in the Mid-Atlantic states armpit. 

If you were the give the US an enema you would stick the hose right in New Jersey.

And people who have a 1BR there shouldn't be bragging.

25 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I mean- not likely

It's possible, but it would have to be close to NYC.  I pay $25k in property taxes, but there are little to no apartments by me.  And where there are the most apartments, there are not that many single family homes.  By design.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I just don't think he lives in NJ.  I'm fairly sure he's in Canada 

I think he lives in a state of delusion. 

Just now, MDC said:

2 bedroom 840 sq feet and since we both work remote and each are on calls half the day we turned the dining area into an office since we always eat in the living room anyway, and use the second bedroom as a second office. Have plenty of room for a water rower (I recommend the WaterRower brand Link). It can stand upright when not using. And a stationary bike (I recommend the Keiser brand link). It's quiet as can be. Granted I think I said it is $1700 a month but I used the price at the time we moved in 6 years ago, it's up to about $1800 now. So you got me on that. Once we had a little problem with a dishwasher leak. Called up the office, they brought in and installed a new dishwasher the next day. Once the front bumper of my Jeep snagged on a storage container in the garage and I unknowingly dragged it until it met up with the garage door left rail and it got twisted. The apartment just changed out the rail at no cost to me. 

This place is awesome. 

Place is awesome even if it has to be in New Jersey. Nice area for sure. Well policed. Great clean grocery stores and such. No undesirables living in this area such as yourself. The apartment complex requires their renters to make at a minimum $80,000 a year so we don't get any lowlifes here. Made a bunch of friends in the area both at the apartment and down the streets. 

Sweet spot in not a great state. 

And happy lgbtqMDC day to you!! :banana:

15 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It's possible, but it would have to be close to NYC.  I pay $25k in property taxes, but there are little to no apartments by me.  And where there are the most apartments, there are not that many single family homes.  By design.

About 10 miles away. 

37 minutes ago, craftsman said:

You guys are really just stupid. It's why you live in shltholes wasting your money in life. 

I've never gotten the feeling that anyone here lives in a shitehole.  I think most here are pretty well off.

11 minutes ago, craftsman said:

2 bedroom 840 sq feet and since we both work remote and each are on calls half the day we turned the dining area into an office since we always eat in the living room anyway, and use the second bedroom as a second office. Have plenty of room for a water rower (I recommend the WaterRower brand Link). It can stand upright when not using. And a stationary bike (I recommend the Keiser brand link). It's quiet as can be. Granted I think I said it is $1700 a month but I used the price at the time we moved in 6 years ago, it's up to about $1800 now. So you got me on that. Once we had a little problem with a dishwasher leak. Called up the office, they brought in and installed a new dishwasher the next day. Once the front bumper of my Jeep snagged on a storage container in the garage and I unknowingly dragged it until it met up with the garage door left rail and it got twisted. The apartment just changed out the rail at no cost to me. 

This place is awesome. 

Place is awesome even if it has to be in New Jersey. Nice area for sure. Well policed. Great clean grocery stores and such. No undesirables living in this area such as yourself. The apartment complex requires their renters to make at a minimum $80,000 a year so we don't get any lowlifes here. Made a bunch of friends in the area both at the apartment and down the streets. 

Sweet spot in not a great state. 

And happy lgbtqMDC day to you!! :banana:

Now we know this story is fake.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've never gotten the feeling that anyone here lives in a shitehole.  I think most here are pretty well off.

I have no idea. I just think that those who attack someone who is in a good position as far as lifestyle (not boasting about it but just bringing a alternative view to housing than most have here) possibly have regrets in life. 

Why go after me for mine and my girlfriend's approach to housing and money management? Sounds like jealousy. 

6 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I have no idea. I just think that those who attack someone who is in a good position as far as lifestyle (not boasting about it but just bringing a alternative view to housing than most have here) possibly have regrets in life. 

Why go after me for mine and my girlfriend's approach to housing and money management? Sounds like jealousy. 

I'm not sure any homeowner is jealous of a person renting an apartment.  That's just me though.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not sure any homeowner is jealous of a person renting an apartment.  That's just me though.

Well, they are the ones who are in disbelief. Just read their comments saying I'm lying.

And we have our money where we prefer it to be rather than into a home that would be too big for us and cost us a lot more to live in. We can afford to buy a home in cash alone but we choose not to. 

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

It's cost in general. I'm making a point that we do other things with our money rather than putting it into a house. We aren't moving from where we live now because of various reasons. We can afford to buy a house but choose not to because we don't need that much space. And property tax alone would cost us more than rent. We can take the $800,000 or whatever and invest it in other ways. Which is what we do. And we never have any home repair bills. Just our cars. 

That’s fine, just pointing out that you were basically comparing apples and oranges.

To get back on topic, generally speaking I think recently average rents had been comparable to monthly mortgage payments on similarly sized properties. However, with the rapidly rising interest rates, we might be at the point where it could actually cheaper per month to rent than to buy, which will contribute to sale prices coming down.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah we are all jealous of a guy who lives in the Mid-Atlantic states armpit. 

If you were the give the US an enema you would stick the hose right in New Jersey.

And people who have a 1BR there shouldn't be bragging.

Go fock yourself.  There are plenty of awesome places to live in NJ.

This whole story is BS.  I'll point out some of the obvious problems.

we always eat in the living room - What kind of savage eats in the living room.  Util shows his true colors here.

I think I said it is $1700 a month but I used the price at the time we moved in 6 years ago, it's up to about $1800 now - Rent around here has gone up more than $100/mo.  Also shows he already lied once about the rent, so likely lying about everything

No undesirables living in this area such as yourself - Any 2 bed apt that you can rent for $1800/mo in NJ will have undesirables in the area.  Just a fact.

Made a bunch of friends - lol

Generally in the small city I live in and next door to me where I live the homes that are up for sale are anywhere from $650.000 to $4+M all within about 1-2 miles in each direction. If you find anything in the $500,000 dollar range it needs serious work or is tiny on a bad lot. - Any area of NJ with this type of housing will not have 2 bed apts for rent for $1800.  Generally any area that rents apts will have homes for sale under $500k

5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Go fock yourself.  There are plenty of awesome places to live in NJ.

The happiest part of New Jersey is when you pass the sign that says "Now leaving New Jersey."

TBF- I'm just needling utilit99

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

The happiest part of New Jersey is when you pass the sign that says "Now leaving New Jersey."

TBF- I'm just needling utilit99

Sure, but he doesn't live in NJ, see my previous post.

This place is such a drain on you people's soul. Is this fun for y'all? Miserable focks, all of you.

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

That’s fine, just pointing out that you were basically comparing apples and oranges.

To get back on topic, generally speaking I think recently average rents had been comparable to monthly mortgage payments on similarly sized properties. However, with the rapidly rising interest rates, we might be at the point where it could actually cheaper per month to rent than to buy, which will contribute to sale prices coming down.

It's fine. I was just putting an alternative living situation in the burbs. There is no getting around high property taxes. So you have to add that into the mortgage payments as well as basic home upkeep and heating and cooling of a unneeded excessively large space. With storms and accidents and such that can be costly. We like to travel a lot if we have time so being mobile and financially secure is what like most. No need to every worry about the housing market and if it's a bad time to sell if we need to move.  Zero unexpected bills other than if anything health issues should happen to arise.

5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This whole story is BS.  I'll point out some of the obvious problems.

we always eat in the living room - What kind of savage eats in the living room.  Util shows his true colors here.

I think I said it is $1700 a month but I used the price at the time we moved in 6 years ago, it's up to about $1800 now - Rent around here has gone up more than $100/mo.  Also shows he already lied once about the rent, so likely lying about everything

No undesirables living in this area such as yourself - Any 2 bed apt that you can rent for $1800/mo in NJ will have undesirables in the area.  Just a fact.

Made a bunch of friends - lol

Generally in the small city I live in and next door to me where I live the homes that are up for sale are anywhere from $650.000 to $4+M all within about 1-2 miles in each direction. If you find anything in the $500,000 dollar range it needs serious work or is tiny on a bad lot. - Any area of NJ with this type of housing will not have 2 bed apts for rent for $1800.  Generally any area that rents apts will have homes for sale under $500k

See, jealous. All you have to do is tell the truth and the liberals go nuts. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

This place is such a drain on you people's soul. Is this fun for y'all? Miserable focks, all of you.

Is it a drain for you to read it all and then comment on it too?

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

See, jealous. All you have to do is tell the truth and the liberals go nuts. :lol:

What is there to be jealous about?  I actually live in NJ, in an awesome area, a 5 bedroom house, that is real.  There are zero reasons for me to be jealous of you.  I'm just pointing out all the reasons why you're lying.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

What is there to be jealous about?  I actually live in NJ, in an awesome area, a 5 bedroom house, that is real.  There are zero reasons for me to be jealous of you.  I'm just pointing out all the reasons why you're lying.

Oh no. You don't believe me. Whatever will I do? Seriously just go away. You already reported me once and I got a nasty gram from the mod for going back and forth with you. Go away. 

Just now, craftsman said:

Oh no. You don't believe me. Whatever will I do? Seriously just go away. You already reported me once and I got a nasty gram from the mod for going back and forth with you. Go away. 

Wow more lies.  Shocker.

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Jeez my 3200 sqft house in California the mortgage is only 1483. Fock the east coast apt living 

How many years is your mortgage? And nothing against you but I wouldn't move to California if my life depended on it. 

Plus, we don't need a 3200 sqft house. What are your property taxes and heating and cooling bills and maintenance costs on a yearly basis? 

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

🤥

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

🤥

:lol: 

15 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Jeez my 3200 sqft house in California the mortgage is only 1483. Fock the east coast apt living 

I’d have thought it would be much higher. My monthly payment on a significantly smaller (2,000 sf) home in Philly is more.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’d have thought it would be much higher. My monthly payment on a significantly smaller (2,000 sf) home in Philly is more.

I think he lives in the desert

50 minutes ago, craftsman said:

How many years is your mortgage? And nothing against you but I wouldn't move to California if my life depended on it. 

Plus, we don't need a 3200 sqft house. What are your property taxes and heating and cooling bills and maintenance costs on a yearly basis? 

about 19 more, my property takes are 3500 a year, my solar pays for everything, I have a handyman on my payroll (business)

I only live here cause my son is here and I have my business here and born and raised here

40 minutes ago, MDC said:

A mortgage number with no details could mean anything, and is only based on what you owe, not what the house is worth.