Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Sup Boys...

Haven't been around in awhile.  Dropped in to say hey.  Things are going good.  Promotion in place at work.  No extra money but different job duties and a much needed change.

Boy graduated high school last month.  He's applied for, got accepted, and enlisted in the U.S. Space Force!  So proud of him.  No basic training date yet, but I guess it'll be in San Antonio, TX maybe end of August early September.

We have had my niece (just turned 3 last week) now with us for about 3 months.  Mrs...beer took of 12 weeks of the new Paid Parental Leave from the .gov to care for her.  Now it's time for her to go back to work so the second week of July I'm starting 12 weeks off to watch the lil one and figure out daycare options etc.

I got to thinking... I haven't had 3 months off work.... Well since junior high maybe?  I had a job every summer in high school and college.

I took a couple AL days off this week and taking all next week off to.. so really, I'm starting sabbatical the last two days.  It's been really wierd so far ... Not worrying about my phone.  I catch myself reaching for my work phone to check emails.  It's going to take some getting used to.

Anyway boys... Cherish your kids if you still have them at home.  I'm going to cry like a bish telling my son goodbye as he leaves for the military.

Also... Pet your puppers and give him a treat.  We had to put down our Olde English Bulldog "Bub" yesterday... The cancers gottem...  Pretty sad day at Casa de Beer...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry about your pup.  That's always hard.

You still in Vancouver?  Can't remember if you ended up transferring away from antifa central across the river. 

• Like 1

Good to see you and that things are continuing to work out in your career, although condolences about the dog.

Greetings brother, hope you stick around more in your free time.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

Was wondering what happened to you. Figured maybe you moved to that plot of land and went off grid. Or kicked in the wrong door. :o

Sorry about the dog. Glad you're still around. :cheers:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Haven't been around in awhile.  Dropped in to say hey.  Things are going good.  Promotion in place at work.  No extra money but different job duties and a much needed change.

Boy graduated high school last month.  He's applied for, got accepted, and enlisted in the U.S. Space Force!  So proud of him.  No basic training date yet, but I guess it'll be in San Antonio, TX maybe end of August early September.

We have had my niece (just turned 3 last week) now with us for about 3 months.  Mrs...beer took of 12 weeks of the new Paid Parental Leave from the .gov to care for her.  Now it's time for her to go back to work so the second week of July I'm starting 12 weeks off to watch the lil one and figure out daycare options etc.

I got to thinking... I haven't had 3 months off work.... Well since junior high maybe?  I had a job every summer in high school and college.

I took a couple AL days off this week and taking all next week off to.. so really, I'm starting sabbatical the last two days.  It's been really wierd so far ... Not worrying about my phone.  I catch myself reaching for my work phone to check emails.  It's going to take some getting used to.

Anyway boys... Cherish your kids if you still have them at home.  I'm going to cry like a bish telling my son goodbye as he leaves for the military.

Also... Pet your puppers and give him a treat.  We had to put down our Olde English Bulldog "Bub" yesterday... The cancers gottem...  Pretty sad day at Casa de Beer...

good to see you.

how do you feel about the 1/6 trials?

On 7/2/2022 at 12:43 AM, DonS said:

Sorry about your pup.  That's always hard.

You still in Vancouver?  Can't remember if you ended up transferring away from antifa central across the river. 

Yup...still in the Couve.  Wanted to sell and head out someplace else but we were in a 9 month long foster licensing thing.  Let me tell ya... That system is the suck.  I'm the girls blood Uncle and it still took us 9 months.

So... Dunno what we'll do.  We've been kicking around Puerto Rico again.  My new gig will let me remote work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Good to see you and that things are continuing to work out in your career, although condolences about the dog.

Yeah so like upper upper management now.  About as high as I want to go.  There was a pretty good chance I would have been selected for a SES class spot, but ai really have no desire.

11 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Greetings brother, hope you stick around more in your free time.  :cheers: 

Thanks Jerry... Glad to still see YOu around bro. ❤️

11 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Was wondering what happened to you. Figured maybe you moved to that plot of land and went off grid. Or kicked in the wrong door. :o

Sorry about the dog. Glad you're still around. :cheers:

Naw... Just a bit of a break from the monotony.

10 hours ago, taco breath said:

good to see you.

how do you feel about the 1/6 trials?

I don't... Haven't watch a second of any of it.  Nor have an opinion.  I have a bit of the meh... Don't care either way.

• Thanks 1