Kopy

America sure seems f'd nowadays.

5 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Isn't that what life is?  Things are constantly changing.

No and no. You start a movement slowly instead of trying to get what you want all at once. Start out slow Out slow and be patient. Adapt and look at the future of a movement. Baby steps till you get your desired results. Some take decades and some never come to fruition when you want them to. Two perfect examples are Obamacare and now abortion. Another is redistricting states voting districts using the census. There are many more. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He’s just a victim of the culture wars. His take on things can be dismissed. 

I do not know this man's story, but the ribbons on his chest testify to him having fought on foriegn soil, bravely. They are testiments that he has seen carnage and horror, that he has seen friends die in battle and other friends not return, that he has sacrificed the prime of his life to defend liberty.  This is a great man in his extreme twilight. We should pay him homage and take his advice reverently to heart.  I would hope someone with a kind heart and a storyteller's eye would interview him fully before he is lost to us.  His moment here in this interview would be a poignant conclusion to a movie of his contribution, his sacrifice. If I ask myself am I worthy of the legacy he provided. I have to admit, with shame, that I am not.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You ever watch Newsmax?

It's like Alex Jones Light, with so much of it angry demonization of what they perceive to be "liberals." 

You'll see a lot on MSNBC and CNN about specific right wingers such as Trump and Giuliani, but they're primarily issue-oriented and not conservatives :mad: conservatives :mad: conservatives :mad:

The far right has grown far angrier, intolerant and uncompromising in all this.

What this country needs is a moderate conservative in the White House.

I'm surprised to see this from you given recent discussions.  :( 

Anyway, the Left has always controlled the media message; what has changed recently is the openness with which the Left and particularly Big Tech are attempting to silence dissent.  It is why I no longer call them "liberals" -- to do so would be an insult to classic liberals who champion free speech and open debate.  Dissenting views are no longer tolerated; see the recent Twitter bans of Jordan Peterson for questioning if a boy can be a girl, and Dave Rubin for retweeting said post.  Rubin you may know is gay, but gay is so 2015 -- the new "luxury belief" toy for the Left is gender confusion.

This lack of voice leads to the Alex Joneses of the world, the recent emboldening of the Left to censor dissent has caused the Right to finally push back, and the recent SCOTUS decisions have created an apoplexy within the spoiled Veruca Salts that had overtaken the Democratic party -- they can't even fathom that they are not getting their way, and they could not remotely begin to empathize with the reasons provided by SCOTUS for the decision.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Sometimes, things have to get worse to get better.

There's a lot of truth to this.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Wouldn’t really count on that, if things to hit the fan, that might be taken away.  

If it hits the fan I make more money. But fwiw I don’t owe a single dollar to anything have 2 rentals 2 businesses grow all my own fruits and vegetables and my best friend has a full functioning farm 

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I'm surprised to see this from you given recent discussions.  :( 

Anyway, the Left has always controlled the media message; what has changed recently is the openness with which the Left and particularly Big Tech are attempting to silence dissent.  It is why I no longer call them "liberals" -- to do so would be an insult to classic liberals who champion free speech and open debate.  Dissenting views are no longer tolerated; see the recent Twitter bans of Jordan Peterson for questioning if a boy can be a girl, and Dave Rubin for retweeting said post.  Rubin you may know is gay, but gay is so 2015 -- the new "luxury belief" toy for the Left is gender confusion.

This lack of voice leads to the Alex Joneses of the world, the recent emboldening of the Left to censor dissent has caused the Right to finally push back, and the recent SCOTUS decisions have created an apoplexy within the spoiled Veruca Salts that had overtaken the Democratic party -- they can't even fathom that they are not getting their way, and they could not remotely begin to empathize with the reasons provided by SCOTUS for the decision.  

Why would it surprise you?

I think almost all of the media is biased, opinion-driven crap these days. 

And finally push back? Right-wing media absolutely dominates the ratings, and Rush Limbaugh was the start of what we see now.

I posted a link to an in-depth, thorough New York Times piece on Tucker Carlson. Then earlier today I saw Spicer on Newsmax saying something about how the New York Times should fold in disgrace.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

And finally push back? Right-wing media absolutely dominates the ratings, and Rush Limbaugh was the start of what we see now.

I posted a link to an in-depth, thorough New York Times piece on Tucker Carlson. Then earlier today I saw Spicer on Newsmax saying something about how the New York Times should fold in disgrace.

I guess once a troll, always a troll.  Per the data you provided, "right wing media dominates" = Fox.  It's basically Fox vs. ABC/CBS/NBC/MSNBC/CNN/NPR/PBS/... of the mainstream outlets, so everyone else has to split that share of the pie.  That is why Fox looks so dominant.  That combined with people on the right desperately seeking out a source which isn't far left like the ones I mentioned.

True that Rush was the first to recognize this phenomenon and capitalize on it so... congrats? :dunno: 

The NYT should "fold in disgrace" if they haven't yet owned their far left bias.  Their own past editors have admitted as much, I've posted links multiple times and won't do it again, look it up if you'd like.  if they've owned it, then good for them and they should keep on being partisan.  Like WaPo which still has 'Democracy dies in darkness," how pathetic.

Newsmax, some fringe far right site, calls for this?  And you compare this to reputable right-leaning sources like Peterson actually getting banned?  Sad. :( 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I posted a link to an in-depth, thorough New York Times hit  piece on Tucker Carlson. Then earlier today I saw Spicer on Newsmax saying something about how the New York Times should fold in disgrace.

FTFY

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It's basically Fox vs. ABC/CBS/NBC/MSNBC/CNN/NPR/PBS/... of the mainstream outlets, so everyone else has to split that share of the pie.  That is why Fox looks so dominant.  That combined with people on the right desperately seeking out a source which isn't far left like the ones I mentioned.

This seems to be a hard concept for people to understand, its been shown here for years yet folks just can't comprehend simple math/stats/logic.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

This seems to be a hard concept for people to understand, its been shown here for years yet folks just can't comprehend simple math/stats/logic.  

Well to be fair it's Rusty.  Math/stats/logic are not his strong suit

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I guess once a troll, always a troll.  Per the data you provided, "right wing media dominates" = Fox.  It's basically Fox vs. ABC/CBS/NBC/MSNBC/CNN/NPR/PBS/... of the mainstream outlets, so everyone else has to split that share of the pie.  That is why Fox looks so dominant.  That combined with people on the right desperately seeking out a source which isn't far left like the ones I mentioned.

True that Rush was the first to recognize this phenomenon and capitalize on it so... congrats? :dunno: 

The NYT should "fold in disgrace" if they haven't yet owned their far left bias.  Their own past editors have admitted as much, I've posted links multiple times and won't do it again, look it up if you'd like.  if they've owned it, then good for them and they should keep on being partisan.  Like WaPo which still has 'Democracy dies in darkness," how pathetic.

Newsmax, some fringe far right site, calls for this?  And you compare this to reputable right-leaning sources like Peterson actually getting banned?  Sad. :( 

We disagree on something, and now I'm a troll. 

Meanwhile:

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Dissenting views are no longer tolerated ...

I'm saying that all of this biased media is in the wrong, and you're trying to say that because I'm not in with your clearly right-leaning view of all this, I'm a troll.

You're not tolerating my midpoint view.

Come on, man.

And twitter and other social media aren't the same thing as MSNBC, CNN, Fox, Newsmax, etc.

These are private businesses free to ban anyone they want to and restrict content.

Just now, vomit said:

Well to be fair it's Rusty.  Math/stats/logic are not his strong suit

If only I had minors in those subjects like you do, making you the ultimate expert, for example solving the Separatix Separation problem years ago but not yet telling anyone.

Please don't report me to moderators and the Princeton Police Department for knowing this.

I'd bow down to you were it not for having to bow so far with a magnifying glass and risking throwing out my back.

:(

3 minutes ago, vomit said:

Fyi, Twitter is a public company 

So is Facebook, but that doesn't obligate either of them to let anyone post anything they want.

There are lots of publicly held media companies, but that doesn't mean they can't control their content or are obligated to let quivering weasels such as you say whatever they want.

In real life i consider myself a Conservative.  At the Geek Club though I find myself more middle of the road, center right.  :lol:

With that said, I have never seen NewsMax, don't even know how to watch it.....I guess if I sought it out and paid for a service?   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

So is Facebook, but that doesn't obligate either of them to let anyone post anything they want.

There are lots of publicly held media companies, but that doesn't mean they can't control their content or are obligated to let quivering weasels such as you say whatever they want.

I never said it did, dummy.

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

In real life i consider myself a Conservative.  At the Geek Club though I find myself more middle of the road, center right.  :lol:

With that said, I have never seen NewsMax, don't even know how to watch it.....I guess if I sought it out and paid for a service?   

Just Google newsmax.

They had a website for years, I think now they have a live news channel too, I don't know.

But it amazes me how people play dumb to the extremes of their ideology, claiming they know nothing about it.

6 minutes ago, vomit said:

Just Google newsmax.

They had a website for years, I think now they have a live news channel too, I don't know.

But it amazes me how people play dumb to the extremes of their ideology, claiming they know nothing about it.

No, I know of NewsMax, I know what it is, but I can 100% say I have never visted the website or watched a news cast.  Maybe if linked here but yeah.  Dead serious. 

The point is that I scroll my TV and see CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS all the time. I like music so NPR is everywhere.  To compare NewsMax to any of those entities is ridiculous is the overall point. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

No, I know of NewsMax, I know what it is, but I can 100% say I have never visted the website or watched a news cast.  Maybe if linked here but yeah.  Dead serious. 

That's cool.  I used to be a regular at newsmax, not sure why I stopped, but it was pushed on the hannity and rush shows.

10 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

It's part of a regular cable package and growing in popularity. Sean Spicer has his own show there and spouts all manner of far-right nonsense.

When Fox correctly called the Arizona election, alt-righties once loyal to that network departed in anger for Newsmax because it better reflects their views, not because they are unbiased and fact-based. And because Clownzo got all mad about that.

Here is Newsmax trumpeting beating CNN in prime-time ratings.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/newsmax-ratings-prime-time-ratings/2022/05/09/id/1069158/

Clownzo gets mad at Fox, his lickspittles get mad with him and take their marbles elsewhere, despite zero evidence of enough voter fraud to overturn the results.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

29 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

We disagree on something, and now I'm a troll. 

Meanwhile:

I'm saying that all of this biased media is in the wrong, and you're trying to say that because I'm not in with your clearly right-leaning view of all this, I'm a troll.

You're not tolerating my midpoint view.

Come on, man.

And twitter and other social media aren't the same thing as MSNBC, CNN, Fox, Newsmax, etc.

These are private businesses free to ban anyone they want to and restrict content.

You are a troll because you are trying to equate NewsMax with MSM, and refusing to see the math which explains why individual Fox shows dominate the ratings.

Also, Twitter and other social media are absolutely at minimum the same thing, and most realistically more important.  Those outlets are the future of "news" and where your former press compadres are going or have gone, but I'm sure you know that already.

10 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Perhaps this could be a great homework assignment. We all watch selected segments of the biased media outlets and then debate them here, free of being called trolls if we have differing opinions about them.

We can fact-check the crap out of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It's part of a regular cable package and growing in popularity. Sean Spicer has his own show there and spouts all manner of far-right nonsense.

When Fox correctly called the Arizona election, alt-righties once loyal to that network departed in anger for Newsmax because it better reflects their views, not because they are unbiased and fact-based. And because Clownzo got all mad about that.

Here is Newsmax trumpeting beating CNN in prime-time ratings.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/newsmax-ratings-prime-time-ratings/2022/05/09/id/1069158/

Clownzo gets mad at Fox, his lickspittles get mad with him and take their marbles elsewhere, despite zero evidence of enough voter fraud to overturn the results.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Maybe they got Arizona right, but why did they call it so early? Way before the other networks and I think there was only like 20 pct of the vote in? 

Just now, jerryskids said:

You are a troll because you are trying to equate NewsMax with MSM, and refusing to see the math which explains why individual Fox shows dominate the ratings.

Also, Twitter and other social media are absolutely at minimum the same thing, and most realistically more important.  Those outlets are the future of "news" and where your former press compadres are going or have gone, but I'm sure you know that already.

You're a whiny Eeyore who points out the intolerance of dissenting opinions while being intolerant of dissenting opinions and falling back to your safe place of calling someone a troll, in addition to your tired sadness of what you perceive someone to be.

I ain't trolling here.

I don't even know what people consider MSM, which is one of those alt-right terms to describe media entities they don't like.

As far as I'm concerned everything from MSNBC and CNN to Fox news and Newsmax is considered mainstream. 

Biased media that is more rooted in opinion than facts is bad in my book. 

What are your go-to infotainment sources anyway?

Oh, and seeing as you're fixated on individual shows, here's how it stacks out networkwise:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news-network-viewership-usa/

Fox by a landslide is the most watched news network. That makes it the very summit of MSM, so if you're going to demonize MSM, you have to start there.

Twitter and other social media are free to run their ships the way they place, and there are outlets for far righties to say what they please, super successful places such as Parlor and Truth Social. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe they got Arizona right, but why did they call it so early? Way before the other networks and I think there was only like 20 pct of the vote in? 

Because it's super easy to break it down by cities, counties, etc., analyze those areas' voting history, see where the votes have been tallied so far and make a call.

This is Political Science 101.

Just now, Pimpadeaux said:

Because it's super easy to break it down by cities, counties, etc., analyze those areas' voting history, see where the votes have been tallied so far and make a call.

Then why did everyone get it wrong in 2016 if it’s so scientific? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then why did everyone get it wrong in 2016 if it’s so scientific? 

Because they way underestimated the evangelical vote and the pure hatred of Cankles. 

Even though I didn't vote for Clownzo, I did sit on the couch that night and laughed my ass off at all the crying, whiny Democrats who thought their girl had the election in the bag.

That was wildly entertaining.

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Because they way underestimated the evangelical vote and the pure hatred of Cankles. 

Even though I didn't vote for Clownzo, I did sit on the couch that night and laughed my ass off at all the crying, whiny Democrats who thought their girl had the election in the bag.

That was wildly entertaining.

There’s a lot of evangelicals in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Ohio? They were voting democrat until Trump? 

17 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You're a whiny Eeyore who points out the intolerance of dissenting opinions while being intolerant of dissenting opinions and falling back to your safe place of calling someone a troll, in addition to your tired sadness of what you perceive someone to be.

I ain't trolling here.

I don't even know what people consider MSM, which is one of those alt-right terms to describe media entities they don't like.

As far as I'm concerned everything from MSNBC and CNN to Fox news and Newsmax is considered mainstream. 

Biased media that is more rooted in opinion than facts is bad in my book. 

What are your go-to infotainment sources anyway?

Oh, and seeing as you're fixated on individual shows, here's how it stacks out networkwise:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news-network-viewership-usa/

Fox by a landslide is the most watched news network. That makes it the very summit of MSM, so if you're going to demonize MSM, you have to start there.

Twitter and other social media are free to run their ships the way they place, and there are outlets for far righties to say what they please, super successful places such as Parlor and Truth Social. 

You've called me an Eeyore multiple times now, sorry I cause you sadness by pointing out reality, but please objectively explain your label.

You are a troll.  You still are.

Not knowing what MSM is, as a journalist, is mind-numbingly laughable, as is your attempt to throw NewsMax in with CNN.

My media sources are mostly podcasts at this point.  In order of descending listening frequency and their political affiliation, Shapiro (right), Dark Horse (center-right, although traditionally liberal hosts), Freakonomics (left), Tim Ferris (center-left), Honestly (center-left), Dave Rubin (right).

I'm not fixed on individual shows you idiot, you are. And Statista wants me to sign up, no thanks.  I already explained why Fox is the most watched, multiple times.  Are you just testing my willingness to type the same thing over and over again?

Good job ignoring my position that social media is the new journalism.

Otherwise good job, good effort.  :thumbsup:

When I flipped through last night Fox was covering the shooting and some law that passed in NY.  CNN and MSNBC where non-stop coverage of the Kangaroo court. 

39 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Macro or Micro???

Mix in local news which has been unwatchable since 2016 due to the liberals running it. They put out the EXACT same narrative as liberal cable news. It is absolutely and completely partisan liberal garage. It's focking disgusting. 

4 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Mix in local news which has been unwatchable since 2016 due to the liberals running it. They put out the EXACT same narrative as liberal cable news. It is absolutely and completely partisan liberal garage. It's focking disgusting. 

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/3/17180020/sinclair-broadcast-group-conservative-trump-david-smith-local-news-tv-affiliate

Most local affiliates are run by a conservative group

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Did you bang your head against the wall a few times to make that seem funny to you?  :( 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Did you bang your head against the wall a few times to make that seem funny to you?  :( 

Nah. Lol. 

• Confused 1

Remember when Obama was elected? It was going to be the death of America back then too. This current Chicken'Little-Sky is Fallin crowd is just a carryover from them, a crop of those who wiffed in their earlier prediction. 

America has her problems, a lot of problems.. But with all the resident geniuses here, experts on everything from economics to politics to football to music. All this brainpower (and not to mention wealth), all this and not one omnipotent Geek is leaving, bolting for another country........................... That's how I know Mericu is going to be just fine, I'm not too worried. 

10 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Remember when Obama was elected? It was going to be the death of America back then too. This current Chicken'Little-Sky is Fallin crowd is just a carryover from them, a crop of those who wiffed in their earlier prediction. 

America has her problems, a lot of problems.. But with all the resident geniuses here, experts on everything from economics to politics to football to music. All this brainpower (and not to mention wealth), all this and not one omnipotent Geek is leaving, bolting for another country........................... That's how I know Mericu is going to be just fine, I'm not too worried. 

So you think the reaction to Obama from the right was apopolytic , and the left took Trump winning in stride. Ok. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you think the reaction to Obama from the right was apopolytic , and the left took Trump winning in stride. Ok. 

Good grief, this wound up and touchy sensative, even at this hour....wow. 

The left isn't crying right now, the right is. If/when Joe gets crushed and a Repub wins the Oval Office, the same will be true then - when the left starts crying. 

• Like 1