Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Support the troops unless...

16 hours ago, wiffleball said:

As opposed to changing aliases faster than most women change their tampon.

REPORTED!!!!!  The correct non-bigoted term is "people that menstruate"!  GTFO with your "women" hate speech. :nono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Funny thing is, the issue can be fixed, relativity quickly. The left wants their opportunity to scream from the soapbox first though. 

Grandstanding is very effective when your base is weak minded. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The bill will get  passed when the democrat stop playing games and using our veterans plight to get what they want. Disgusting. 

/thread

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Funny thing is, the issue can be fixed, relativity quickly. The left wants their opportunity to scream from the soapbox first though. 

Grandstanding is very effective when your base is weak minded. 

Well based your last post doesn’t sound like you supported the bill at all

26 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What does all this mean?

It means Toomey is correct and the ask is warranted. They'd rather scream and cry about it rather than fix it because they know it will play well with their low information voter base.

I do hope they make the change though, I have a feeling it may not pass as easily as some here think even if they do

Why is this not a no-brainer? I don't care if they threw in 100 million dollar subsidy to study weather bugs and Daffy were actually unrequited gay lovers. How do you not do this?

One suffering veteran is Army Captain Le Roy Torres, who spent 23 years in the United States Army, including two years in Balad, Iraq, where American forces operated more than 250 burn pits, burning about 140 tons of waste daily. When he returned home to Texas as a state trooper, Torres suffered from complications from illnesses caused by toxic burn pit fumes. He faced constrictive bronchiolitis and toxic brain injury, which cost him both his health and his livelihood.

Torres’ wife, Rosie, worked with the Department of Veteran Affairs; that didn’t speed his care. His medical attention was delayed and ineffective and his health benefits were denied. So, the Torres family went their own way, founding Burn Pits 360, an advocacy group that ensures other veterans wouldn’t have to navigate that labyrinth of suffering and denial. I serve as a member of Burn Pits 360’s scientific advisory board.

Pact Act passes with NO CHANGES

The Senate voted Tuesday night to pass a long-sought bipartisan legislation to expand health care benefits for millions of veterans exposed to toxic burn pits during their military service, sending the bill to President Joe Biden to sign into law. The final vote was 86-11.

Passage of the bill marks the end of a lengthy fight to get the legislation through Congress, as veterans and their advocates had been demonstrating on Capitol Hill for days. Many veterans were allowed into the Senate gallery to watch the final vote on Tuesday evening.

And before anyone says that he just wanted his amendment to be voted on - he had that opportunity last week and passed on it.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat, said Thursday afternoon he plans to hold another procedural vote on Monday evening. He said he would also re-extend an offer to Toomey to put his amendment forward on the floor.

“I don’t know where they came up with this. We offered Toomey, who is standing in the way, the ability to do an amendment at 60 votes, just like the bill is a 60-vote bill,” Schumer said.

Toomey instead insisted in conversations with others that he wanted his proposed changes reflected in the bill automatically without an amendment vote, Schumer said, noting he stands by his original offer.

Headline should read GOP stops playing games with Veterans Health after being exposed.

Thank you GOP, for eventually doing the right thing.  

Yeah, this was an own goal on the republicans.

Stupid move. And they did it strictly as a tantrum against the spending deal that Manchin greenlit the day before. 

And how do we know this? Because in a matter of days, this s*** got passed regardless. And there wasnt a single concession to the Republicans in that regard.

You may not like Jon stewart. That's fine. But he spelled it out really clearly. And owned them on their hypocrisy and pettiness. 

Hard to see who had a worse week; Josh Hawley or Pat toomey.

I just think that anything that pisses off liberals is good for the country and it needs to be done on massive scales.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I just think that anything that pisses off liberals is good for the country and it needs to be done on massive scales.

And this is exactly what we need to move away from and what we’ve been programmed to do. The more we focus on hating the other party, the less they have to actually do anything meaningful. People having opposing views is actually a good thing and keeps things more balanced. I’m glad not everyone thinks exactly like me.

• Like 2

They Backed down, made a calculated decision. Doesn’t mean the democrats didn’t play games. Congrats babies, you cried and cried and got what your way. 

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yes. Liberals have proven to practice lack of common sense on a consistent basis. "Oh, we have out of hand inflation in a recession? Perfect time for more massive government spending and let's raise taxes while we're at it.  Brilliant, Joe!!"

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They Backed down, made a calculated decision. Doesn’t mean the democrats didn’t play games. Congrats babies, you cried and cried and got what your way. 

...and  Their way is to provide benefits to victims heroes, heroes of 9/11. 

Jesus.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

And this is exactly what we need to move away from and what we’ve been programmed to do. The more we focus on hating the other party, the less they have to actually do anything meaningful. People having opposing views is actually a good thing and keeps things more balanced. I’m glad not everyone thinks exactly like me.

I don't have a problem with opposing view points, I have a problem with liberal politicians, activists, and media people calling those who have differing opinions to them... Nazi's, racists, misogynists, etc.

14 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

...and  Their way is to provide benefits to victims heroes, heroes of 9/11. 

Jesus.

Not that part. The other part. Nice try doofus.