Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***EdEx - FedEx Playoff Challenge***

Recommended Posts

$50 buy in and all are welcome, but assume our original country club folks will all be in as well. 

Link to roosters and scoring:

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7OHz7W27L0ifdXaCnNKuZC70UDVFj-t0pKjlSRyQz8/edit?usp=sharing

 

 

$50 - Week 1 best 3 scores

$60 - Week 2 best 3 scores (repetitive of regular EdEx)

$70 - Week 3 best 2 scores

$70 - Whoever has the Tournament Champ

$100 - Best Cumulative Score Total (3+3+2) 

 

edjr:             Scottie Scheffler --- Viktor Hovland --- Max Homa --- Corey Conners ---- Brian Harman --- Marc Leishman --- Joel Dahmen --- Justin Rose --- CT Pan --- Rickie Fowler 

Horse:         Cameron Smith --- Jordan Spieth --- Joaquin Niemann --- Maverick McNealy --- Davis Riley --- Tommy Fleetwood --- Taylor Pendrith --- Lucas Herbert --- Adam Hadwin --- Emiliano Grillo 

Clocaine:     Rory McIlroy --- Will Zalatoris --- Sungjae Im --- Tom Hoge --- Keegan Bradley --- Mito Pereira --- Adam Scott --- Daniel Berger --- Chez Reavie --- Mackenzie Hughes

Lager:          Justin Thomas --- Cameron Young --- Matt Fitzpatrick --- J.T. Poston --- Cameron Tringale --- Kevin Kisner --- Denny McCarthy --- JJ Spaun --- Luke List --- Kurt Kitiyama

Alias:           Jon Rahm --- Shane Lowry --- Hideki Matsuyama --- Seamus Power --- Sahith Theegala --- Chris Kirk --- Christiaan Bezuidenhout --- Alex Noren --- Matt Kuchar --- Brendan Steele

Wonder:      Patrick Cantlay --- Sam Burns --- Joohyung Kim --- Aaron Wise --- Scott Stallings --- Tyrrell Hatton --- Si Woo Kim --- Cameron Davis --- Jason Day --- Callum Tarren

KSB:             Tony Finau --- Xander Schauffele --- Billy Horschel --- Collin Morikawa --- Russell Henley --- Keith Mitchell --- Harold Varner --- Sebastian Munoz --- Russell Knox --- Wyndham Clark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is from edjr

 

Quote

take best 3 scores from each event, 2 from the Tour championship - if you don't have 2 guys make the 30 person final, YER OUT!

So we pay out the pot proportionally? 20% after round 1, 30 after round 2, and 50 after round 3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

This is from edjr

 

So we pay out the pot proportionally? 20% after round 1, 30 after round 2, and 50 after round 3?

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

$50 buy in and all are welcome, but assume our original country club folks will all be in as well. 

 

Ed laid out the rules in the shop talk thread and I will try to do so here, but might need to read in that thread for full details. I played golf this morning and I'm a little drunk. 

 

We all draft 10 guys, I know that. Not sure what happens after that. Feel free to sign up though. 

Draft 10 guys. take best 3 scores for 1st 2 playoff events. for tour final, we take top 2 scores, must have 2 guys to qualify. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, edjr said:

Just juan draft. 

Are you saying replace the EdEx since WW already won and just do this one?

If that is what  you're saying, I'm in, but I'm still going to send WW $5 extra. I'm not a joo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Are you saying replace the EdEx since WW already won and just do this one?

If that is what  you're saying, I'm in, but I'm still going to send WW $5 extra. I'm not a joo

Yes. and fock him  🖕

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bostonlager, not a joo. Gues who is? Hall of famer Rod Carew, he converted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are doing both. We aren’t going to get anyone to join that doesn’t already play magic golf with us. Here is our random draft order I plugged in at FantasyPros. 

Let us know if you don’t want to play this one and I will remove your name. Draft starts Monday - same as EdEx season finale. 
 

  1. edjr
  2. Horse
  3. Clocaine
  4. Fumble
  5. lager
  6. Alias
  7. dain
  8. Wonder
  9. KSB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2022 at 2:25 PM, edjr said:

Draft 10 guys. take best 3 scores for 1st 2 playoff events. for tour final, we take top 2 scores, must have 2 guys to qualify. 

We need to clarify now - are we using the players actual score in the tour championship or the dumb made up scores they use going in?

I strongly vote for the actual scores and not the pole position scores they use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will make up a google doc and send everyone the link no problems so we can keep score at the tour championship. I hate the way they do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

We need to clarify now - are we using the players actual score in the tour championship or the dumb made up scores they use going in?

I strongly vote for the actual scores and not the pole position scores they use. 

That's a good point.  The actual scores don't matter though. It's all luck anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

I’m out for this, sorry

No worries, buddy. 

 

Draft order updated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I am in for whatever but doesn't second place in the EdEx Season payout win something as well?

No. WTA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I am in for whatever but doesn't second place in the EdEx Season payout win something as well?

i think we may have paid 1 and 2 last year when a bunch of people dropped out mid season and we didn't know what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bostonlager said:

We need to clarify now - are we using the players actual score in the tour championship or the dumb made up scores they use going in?

I strongly vote for the actual scores and not the pole position scores they use. 

I am in no matter twhat but I am also curious about this.  There was at least one other year where we did a a tour championship draft just a few of us and it was some rule like your golfers could only total a starting score of -15 or something. 

 

actual scores seems to make sense.. doing  pole position scores would probably make it too easy to just draft the current Fedex leaders for safety

 

so if Scottie starts the tour championship -10, he's really even par and his score would be -5 if he finishes the tournament at -15?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I am in no matter twhat but I am also curious about this.  There was at least one other year where we did a a tour championship draft just a few of us and it was some rule like your golfers could only total a starting score of -15 or something. 

 

actual scores seems to make sense.. doing  pole position scores would probably make it too easy to just draft the current Fedex leaders for safety

 

so if Scottie starts the tour championship -10, he's really even par and his score would be -5 if he finishes the tournament at -15?  

huh? We are drafting once. How do you know how the tour championship will start? We are still doing a snake draft. Like all the top guys wouldn't get drafted in the 1st couple rounds anyway. Don't the points reset to start the playoffs? How do you know Scheffler won't sh1t the bed? The dude leading doesn't always win. Sure he has a decent lead now. But the person who picks 1st, also picks last in the 2nd round.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

i think we may have paid 1 and 2 last year when a bunch of people dropped out mid season and we didn't know what to do.

My bad. I was out last year, I don't know what you guys did. When I was running things, edex winner got all the $

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, edjr said:

huh? We are drafting once. How do you know how the tour championship will start? We are still doing a snake draft. Like all the top guys wouldn't get drafted in the 1st couple rounds anyway. Don't the points reset to start the playoffs? How do you know Scheffler won't sh1t the bed? The dude leading doesn't always win. Sure he has a decent lead now. But the person who picks 1st, also picks last in the 2nd round.

 

 

I know it's one draft. No, as far as I know, regular season points carry over into the playoffs which is why in past seasons you'd sometimes see Tiger or Phil or whoever still skip the first event completely. Unless that has changed. So I thought maybe using pole position scores for the tour championship might make the drafts a little more "chalky" based on current Fedex standings. 

doesn't matter, sounds like actual score of the event is what we are using. I just wanted to know for scoring purposes that week. 

 

2 hours ago, edjr said:

My bad. I was out last year, I don't know what you guys did. When I was running things, edex winner got all the $

you're right, I just don't think anyone found an old rules thread so we were not sure :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

 

you're right, I just don't think anyone found an old rules thread so we were not sure :thumbsup:

There has been some pretty huge payouts for winning Edex cup. $400+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we are going to have a limited number of participants for this. Hold off and draft 8 guys next week and pay out 40%/60% for the 2 event - Winner take all in each?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO regular EdEx this week. Lets get this kicked off. 

10 golfers each. 

 

@edjr is on the clock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will work on a google sheets doc tonight to help with scoring since we are using actual score for the final tournament and not the made up scores they use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2022 at 11:00 AM, bostonlager said:

Ed laid out the rules in the shop talk thread and I will try to do so here, but might need to read in that thread for full details. I played golf this morning and I'm a little drunk. 

Top 125 (drafting now) - top 3 scores

Top 70 - top 3 scores

Top 30 - top 2 scores (you're disqualified if you don't have two make the top 30)

Top Total Score Wins

 

Is it WTA or 60-40:1st-2nd?  $350 ($50 each) prize pool.  Who are we paying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Horseman said:

Top 125 (drafting now) - top 3 scores

Top 70 - top 3 scores

Top 30 - top 2 scores (you're disqualified if you don't have two make the top 30)

Top Total Score Wins

 

Is it WTA or 60-40:1st-2nd?  $350 ($50 each) prize pool.  Who are we paying?

Ed - can you please clarify the above for us?

 

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×