Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

SNF Discussion: Bengals at Ravens

Inactives

Bengals: RB Trayveon Williams, CB Cam Taylor-Britt, OT D'Ante Smith, OL Jackson Carman, DT Jay Tufele

Ravens: WR Rashod Bateman, OLB Justin Houston, RB Justice Hill, G Ben Cleveland, LB A.J. Klein, CB Jalyn Armour-Davis

Some how some way I hope Mixon can get the ball in the end zone if the Bengals get the ball inside the Ravens five, I hope Mixon has a great game , because I’m going to shop him come Tuesday.  

I have to shop some RBs this week for sure, as suddenly my collection of #2 backs isn't a collection of #2 backs (Gordon, Walker, Mostert, Stevenson...with Hunt and Herbert still second fiddles). 

33 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Some how some way I hope Mixon can get the ball in the end zone if the Bengals get the ball inside the Ravens five, I hope Mixon has a great game 

Me too. I'm down 44 with Mixon and Duvernay to go. Do y'all think Bateman being out helps Duvernay?

It's Dobbins time to SHINE (flex) 💪 

I got Burrows and Mixon playing tonight, hope they'll do well but am confident that they will mess the bed just like that wannabe bass player hockinson and pitt(wo)man did. AND...............so far it looks like my guys tonight are off to leading me to an @$$-kicking loss-thanks ALOT you pretenders-go to HELL! LAZY LOSERS!

2 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Thursday night part 2. The "block a single defender challenge (impossible)". 

You must be talking about cincy's "improved" o-line? What a bunch of puff-balls they are, AFRAID of physical contact! Fat, lazy slobs that display NO ability to protect their QB-EFF THEM!

Down 28 in PPR with Jackson/Mixon/Carlson vs Tucker to go 5-0. It sure doesn't look like I'll be getting enough offense from these two teams. 

This game will be a blowout for ravens, Bengals look gutless-the whole EFFING TEAM. Cincy has played like cowards this year, a bunch of overrated pretenders. Culls.................

7 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

This game will be a blowout for ravens, Bengals look gutless-the whole EFFING TEAM. Cincy has played like cowards this year, a bunch of overrated pretenders. Culls.................

You bet on the Bengals. It's early relax 

3 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

You bet on the Bengals. It's early relax 

He’s right — they’re listless.

Must be the ol’ super bowl hangover?

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s right — they’re listless.

Must be the ol’ super bowl hangover?

It's early, relax 

Lamar reminds me of Dak .... a run around no brains circus smh

12 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

It's early, relax 

They SUCK, this will be a blowout for Ravens, they're real MEN. I compare Cincy's "skill players" (and I use that term loosely) to women announcers in/on football pregame shows and telecasts-TOTALLY 100% CLUELESS. Cincy has just laid down (on their fat-@$$ boy-loving frontsides) and let Ravens have their way with them. $hit "performance".

3 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Lamar reminds me of Dak .... a run around no brains circus smh

He's (and any mid-road QB) good enough to dominate a POS " team" like overrated cincy. They SUCK-and it's supposed to be a PLUS MATCHUP. Pure 100& $hit they are.

1 minute ago, huskyhater75 said:

They SUCK, this will be a blowout for Ravens, they're real MEN. I compare Cincy's "skill players" (and I use that term loosely) to women announcers in/on football pregame shows and telecasts-TOTALLY 100% CLUELESS. Cincy has just laid down (on their fat-@$$ boy-loving frontsides) and let Ravens have their way with them. $hit "performance".

You need to be in a padded room :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Whatever, you sound like a trumpy, right? NO WAY anybody can deal with you brainwashed jack-offs, so good night-and keep losing!

Paaaaaaaaaaded roooooooooooom. This is a football thread :lol:

If they would just give the ball to Dobbins they wouldn't have to punt smh

Just one td Mixon just one, so I can trade you.  

33 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

You need to be in a padded room :lol:

No, he just needs to take some time off from this bored. 
Hell, he's prolly blowing up the tech support bored here also.  Annoying

Is Higgens hurt again? 
eta: nevermind...I just heard the news

3 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

No, he just needs to take some time off from this bored. 
Hell, he's prolly blowing up the tech support bored here also.  Annoying

He's focking padded room nuts. 

3 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Is Higgens hurt again? 
eta: nevermind...I just heard the news

He's there secret weapon...so secret the qb doesn't even know about him 

I thought Higgins was active for this game.

Something tells me we're not going to see too many more philly specials.

Bengals going for it on 4th and goal from the 2.  

And another team refuses to take points.  Let's see if this leads directly to another loss as well.

Lol.  Mark Andrews was busy crying about a potential offsides on the defense, and ends up about a half second late getting off on the snap and somehow is still wide open on the slant.

34 minutes ago, Law said:

I thought Higgins was active for this game.

Questionable to return, ankle

And as usual the team that took the easy three beats the team that passed on the easy three by 2.

Bengals made a game of it. Blew it with shitty defense on the last drive. But, It was a home game for the Ravens. So, they'll trade off after it doesn't matter anymore on the Bengals  home game week 18. Thanks, NFL! 

47 minutes ago, nobody said:

And as usual the team that took the easy three beats the team that they passed on the easy three by 2.

and deservedly so.  the fg would have tied it at the time.

unfortunately that also cost me my fantasy game this week too.  they kick that fg and I win my matchup.   but they didnt and I lost by 1 point.

The thing analytics doesn't capture is the disparity in desperation of going for it on 4th down.

On the defense, you're almost guaranteed A+ focus and effort.  It's win or be embarrassed.  They took your heart. That desperation is rocket fuel. On offense, by definition, it's cold hard math, no emotion, break out your calculator and protractor, the spreadsheet says go for it, so I guess we're going for it.  The problem is it's using numbers and statistics over the history of the NFL where the desperation was equal on both sides.  The offense was going for it because, for them it was win or die as well.  

People who have never played sports can't seem to grasp the concept.  That shìt is straight out of Art of War.  Desperate men fight hardest.  One side is desperate while the other feels they have an avenue of escape... I.e., We'll force a punt and score next time around.

Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight.

If they will face death, there is nothing they may not achieve. Officers and men alike will put forth their uttermost strength.

Soldiers when in desperate straits lose the sense of fear. If there is no place of refuge, they will stand firm. If they are in hostile country, they will show a stubborn front. If there is no help for it, they will fight hard.

Thus, without waiting to be marshaled, the soldiers will be constantly on the qui vive; without waiting to be asked, they will do your will; without restrictions, they will be faithful; without giving orders, they can be trusted

Also, the tightend lining up directly behind the qb on the sneak and pushing him in.  

Great in theory.  Until your QB gets hurt because he got shoved into a rampaging linebacker.

15 hours ago, nobody said:

Also, the tightend lining up directly behind the qb on the sneak and pushing him in.  

Great in theory.  Until your QB gets hurt because he got shoved into a rampaging linebacker.

No kidding, that was a major injury waiting to happen :doh: