Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

I don't think I ever watched back to the Future 2 & 3

It's on right now at the church in which I worship.

After posting the video of Michael j fox the other day, I was worried that it was on because maybe he died or something.

I mean, the first one was pleasant. But I just don't have any desire whatsoever to see the other two. I guess it's a little bit like Avatar two and three.

There's , to my perception, a certain degree of avarice and hubris when you make not only one but two sequels at a time.

By the way, I don't know if there's a more beloved actor out there right now.

I really liked him in spin city. It was an underrated show. With some quality actors. Just a great ensemble.

(And then Charlie Sheen showed up.)

Did he do a show with Robin williams? Seems like some synapse in my brain firing about that. Or was it Robin Williams and Buffy the vampire Slayer? 

Damn. Back to the googler...

Same for me with the Matrix.  Saw the first, never had enough interest to see the second two

I liked back to the future 3 the best out of the series, but I was younger when i watched them than the majority of you.

6 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

I saw today they’re making twister two. Definitely a movie where a sequel isn’t needed.

Could be interesting.  I saw Reed Timmer was involved with keeping it accurate.

loved the first one.

second was meh.

couldn't get into 3 at all

Just now, Bier Meister said:

loved the first one.

second was meh.

couldn't get into 3 at all

They went right in order for me.  The first was great.  I enjoyed the second.  The third was a bit odd but still watchable.

The first two are classics. The third one is entertaining, kind of like Aliens 3.

the first one was really a love story disguised as a sci fi romp.  and as a love story, it didnt need a sequel.  the climax was george punching biff.  it completed its story arc and was done.

the second one was just a time travel film.

the third one tried to add the love story back into it but an elderly man hooking up with a young lady was weird.

if they wanted 3 films, they needed to have Marty and Doc suffer from personal issues in the first fiilm that could be resolved in the other 2 films.  the whole thing where Marty learned not to take offense to getting called a chicken was dumb and not a good story arc.  Doc finding love as an elderly man was a creepy story arc.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Could be interesting.  I saw Reed Timmer was involved with keeping it accurate.

Philip Seymour Hoffman made that movie unwatchable.  Worst character I can remember

• Like 1

honestly, the ONLY way to go with a sequel was make biff the main character.  he was very flawed and that provided a great launching pad to make a redemption story arc for him where he does from bully to a good man.

i could see a better version of back to the future 2 where marty and doc are motivated to help biff turn his life around.  george gets recruited (maybe he knows about time travel or maybe not).  george and biff get paired up as a team to deal with a situation and theres tension and resentment at first.  maybe biff stab george in the back.  but then things circle back and their pair back up. marty and doc trying to help where they can.  eventually biff makes a breakthrough and becomes a better man.  where the climax in 1 was george punching biff, the climax of 2 is george and biff sharing a handshake.

i suppose the only place to go with part 3 is doc's parents, their death, and a lonely doc that tries to hang himself in the bathroom.  you could set up a situation where they try to turn docs life around back then.  although that would get pretty dark.   but then again, that subplot was in part 1, they did paper over it and say "he hit his head on the sink and drew the flux capacitor".  but really doc was hanging himself.

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

i could see a better version of back to the future 2 where marty and doc are motivated to help biff turn his life around.  george gets recruited (maybe he knows about time travel or maybe not).  george and biff get paired up as a team to deal with a situation and theres tension and resentment at first.  maybe biff stab george in the back.  but then things circle back and their pair back up. marty and doc trying to help where they can.  eventually biff makes a breakthrough and becomes a better man.  where the climax in 1 was george punching biff, the climax of 2 is george and biff sharing a handshake.

i suppose the only place to go with part 3 is doc's parents, their death, and a lonely doc that tries to hang himself in the bathroom.  you could set up a situation where they try to turn docs life around back then.  although that would get pretty dark.   but then again, that subplot was in part 1, they did paper over it and say "he hit his head on the sink and drew the flux capacitor".  but really doc was hanging himself.

Breakthrough and becomes a better man? Some would argue Biff was already a great man. 

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Same for me with the Matrix.  Saw the first, never had enough interest to see the second two

Good call.  The 2nd was "meh" aside from a really cool highway chase scene.  The 3rd was an absolute abortion of cinema. 

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I thought the first Matrix sucked so bad I never looked back. 

Back to the Future 2? I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of it.  Never looked back. 

27 minutes ago, DonS said:

Good call.  The 2nd was "meh" aside from a really cool highway chase scene.  The 3rd was an absolute abortion of cinema. 

Agreed.  Like Wiff tho, I've never seen BTTF 2 or 3.  :dunno: 

3 hours ago, Mungwater said:

Philip Seymour Hoffman made that movie unwatchable.  Worst character I can remember

On a broader theme, seriously, one of the most odious  actors I've ever experienced.

Notice how basically nobody responded or reacted when he died?

1 hour ago, BiffTannen said:

Breakthrough and becomes a better man? Some would argue Biff was already a great man. 

that would be a good comedy skit.  biff changes george into another biff.

14 hours ago, wiffleball said:

On a broader theme, seriously, one of the most odious  actors I've ever experienced.

Notice how basically nobody responded or reacted when he died?

Dude was awesome in a lot of stuff.  Especially Boogie Nights