Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

TNF Discussion: Ravens at Buccaneers - Wk8

I don't know about that PI call.  DB absolutely was looking back.  I don't know what herbstreet is smoking.  I guess because he shoved Scotty miller in the face.

10 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Dropping Tampa D they couldn't stop a turtle

The only problem is that they get Stafford next week and he been a pick-6 machine recently.

7 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

What happened to the "vaunted Bucs defense" ? Pathetic Panthers kick the crap out of them... ok, every team has a bad game.  But now the Ravens are having their way.

Brady doesn't have to be great when the defense was working, but now they both suck.

They do have couple of injuries. Often, having just one key player out can make all the difference in the world.

Back in August when I drafted Brady and Prescott, I thought I was set.

Lol at Herbstreet saying Brady must be thinking, "Let me get one break" like Brady's entire career isn't full of him catching fortuitous breaks.

11 minutes ago, Showboat said:

The only problem is that they get Stafford next week and he been a pick-6 machine recently.

Rams are getting van Jefferson & kyren back think its gonna take some pressure off 

That Otton play is where they miss gronk.  Gronk would've drove his body into the DB before making that cut and created some space.  Otton just cuts and the DB makes a play.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

That Otton play is where they miss gronk.  Gronk would've drove his body into the DB before making that cut and created some space.  Otton just cuts and the DB makes a play.

You mean he shouldn't otton done that?

2 hours ago, Philo312 said:

The Likely kid flashing some skills tonight. 

yes, hes looked good

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

yes, hes looked good

Reminded me of what Kyle Pitts was supposed to look like.

Loved those Minnesota WR's coming into the draft. In back to back years, Johnson and then Bateman were my targets at the end of round 1.  

Ooof did I screw that one up.

9 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

What happened to the "vaunted Bucs defense" ? Pathetic Panthers kick the crap out of them... ok, every team has a bad game.  But now the Ravens are having their way.

Brady doesn't have to be great when the defense was working, but now they both suck.

Terrible coaching, plain and simple.  Their game plans are significantly way less aggressive.  With a 3rd string LG and 3rd string C, they don't have a lot of time to throw the ball, so a lot of routes have to be short and quick.  Fine, but, you can't run the ball on first down as often as they do, because then the defense plays up too often and takes away the underneath.  When that happens, ideally, you'd take deep shots to back them off, but that's not happening.  They're calling more quick plays and runs.  Bowles is proving why he was bad in NY and Leftwich is proving that he is a puppet to the HC, and that it was Arians' more aggressive approach works better in this system.  The net result is that the Bucs don't have the ball enough and the defense gets tired.  In the end, you have an offense that doesn't score and a defense that can't stop the other team from scoring.

At the very least, Bowles needs be demoted back to DC and Arians back in as HC.  The next best answer is to fire Bowles and ugh, promote Leftwich to interim HC and see if he can right the offense when he has total control.  The BEST answer, is to clean house and start fresh... but that can't happen until next year.

9 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I've always felt some guys are just good coordinators and no more. I think Bowles clearly falls into that category.

17 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Terrible coaching, plain and simple.  Their game plans are significantly way less aggressive.  With a 3rd string LG and 3rd string C, they don't have a lot of time to throw the ball, so a lot of routes have to be short and quick.  Fine, but, you can't run the ball on first down as often as they do, because then the defense plays up too often and takes away the underneath.  When that happens, ideally, you'd take deep shots to back them off, but that's not happening.  They're calling more quick plays and runs.  Bowles is proving why he was bad in NY and Leftwich is proving that he is a puppet to the HC, and that it was Arians' more aggressive approach works better in this system.  The net result is that the Bucs don't have the ball enough and the defense gets tired.  In the end, you have an offense that doesn't score and a defense that can't stop the other team from scoring.

At the very least, Bowles needs be demoted back to DC and Arians back in as HC.  The next best answer is to fire Bowles and ugh, promote Leftwich to interim HC and see if he can right the offense when he has total control.  The BEST answer, is to clean house and start fresh... but that can't happen until next year.

I agree..   part of the problem is injury but part is that they need a competent coach.    Its clear Arians was superior and even if brady doesnt like him, hes superior to what they have now.

On 10/27/2022 at 11:02 PM, Philo312 said:

This Bucs ineptitude wouldn’t happen if Brady hadn’t “fired” Ariens 

Yep. So, here we are.  Turns out Brady isn’t some worker of magic after all.  He needs and has always needed good players and coaches around him to succeed. Amazing, isn’t it? Take that away and he’s back to being a system QB.  Interesting.