Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

How have you revamped your roster the last few weeks?

There are guys sitting on waivers starting at you, and you wonder what other options these guys have up be leaving these guys out there.   Or maybe it's just me.   Then with injuries creeping up things are changing quickly. 

One league I had breece hall, Dobbins. chase, cooks and Thomas.   Now second half in looking like Walker, Swift, Allgeier and godwin. Lockett, Hockenson, Paris Campbell and duvernay.  Fock.

Another league I've swapped out cousins for geneo but I'm not sure that was a smart move but now I'm stuck.   Limited rosters but recently added Ken Walker, Keenan Allen, aiyuk, Dallas d and butker to complement a pretty stout team (ekeler and kelce in te req. ppr league)

As someone who drafts well to start with, this is a fascinating concept to me.  It will be interesting to see how other people live.

26 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

As someone who drafts well to start with, this is a fascinating concept to me.  It will be interesting to see how other people live.

Injuries can deplete any team, even ones who drafted well.  And the waiver wire can make any team competitive. 

In season changes is what builds winning ff teams.  It’s bound to happen, unless you play in best ball style leagues. 

Of course the need to make some changes to your team can come at any time during the season, if I kind of remake my roster, it's usually in the first 4-5 weeks of the season or so.

That's when people start making moves with regards to players that they're up in the air about.

It's also when the first sleepers are there.

10 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Of course the need to make some changes to your team can come at any time during the season, if I kind of remake my roster, it's usually in the first 4-5 weeks of the season or so.

That's when people start making moves with regards to players that they're up in the air about.

It's also when the first sleepers are there.

With the trades and injuries and players quitting on their teams (or teams tired of the players attitudes) these last couple weeks have felt monumental to the potential outcomes of this season. 

20 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

With the trades and injuries and players quitting on their teams (or teams tired of the players attitudes) these last couple weeks have felt monumental to the potential outcomes of this season. 

I picked up Kenneth Walker between weeks 5 and 6. He's the best RB I have

so frustrating.  in a dynasty I had my RB stable decimated by injuries in the past.  Worked my way into the #1 pick and got Breece Hall to go along with Elijah Mitchell (who i had managed to land last year) to finally have a respectable starting duo to go along with my good wr's and qb.  and now they're both in my IR and i'm starting Brian Robinson and Tyler Allgeier.  we're talking about years on end of seasons like this with my rb's

1. 3 weeks ago traded Thielen, B.Robinson and E.Mitchell (IR) for AJ Brown and Perine. Dropped Perine to pickup Deon Jackson as a JT handcuff.

2. Dropped Carr for Fields.

3. Grabbed Boyd off waivers 2 weeks ago.

4. Almost but did NOT drop DJ Moore

Week 1

QB- Burrow (pick #5)

RB- J Williams (pick #2)

RB- Hellaire (pick #6)

WR- Chase (pick #1)

WR- Evans (pick #3)

Flex- M Williams (pick #4)

TE- Everette (pick #15)

Week 9

QB- Burrow

RB- Sanders (pick #7)

RB- Singletary (pick #8)

WR- Evans

WR- Meyers (pick #13)

Flex- J Palmer (waivers)

TE- Everette

2nd highest in points, for now... ugh. Near-zero RB strategy worked until my top RB and WR went out. Drafting RBs 6-9 helped a lot. If I can limp into playoffs with Chase/Williams back... solid.

Overall, my roster isn't "revamped" with waivers... just good drafting saved me.

12 team STD:

Week 1:

QB: Hurts

RB:

Henry

Dillon

Robinson

Mostert 

Algeier

Hilliard

WR:

Higgins

Lamb

Davis

Aiyuk

Bateman

TE:

Everett

Week 9

Hurts

RB:

Henry

Ekeler

Foreman

Herbert

WR:

T. Hill

Higgins

Lamb

TE:

Higbee

Engram

Likely

My team's the sh1ts this year, so I sold.

12 team dynasty. 24 man roster. Three rd draft. Start 1qb,2rb,4wr,1te

Traded Jimmy Garoppolo, Javonte Williams, Ezekiel Elliot, a 2nd and 3rd.

For

Malik Willis, Eno Benjamin, Jerry Juedy, and a 1st.

8 hours ago, rotisserieking said:

1. 3 weeks ago traded Thielen, B.Robinson and E.Mitchell (IR) for AJ Brown and Perine. Dropped Perine to pickup Deon Jackson as a JT handcuff.

2. Dropped Carr for Fields.

3. Grabbed Boyd off waivers 2 weeks ago.

4. Almost but did NOT drop DJ Moore

Great trade for A Brown. 

Week 1- win 138- 68

QB J Herbert- 23 pts

RB- C Patterson- 19 pts

RB- D Harris- 3 pts

WR- C Kupp- 31 pts

WR- C Lamb- 3 pts

TE- K Pitts- 2 pts

Flex- J Jefferson- 36 pts

D/ST- Cincy- 7 pts

K- H Butker- 14 pts

Week 9

QB- J Herbert

RB- J Williams

RB- K Walker

WR- C Kupp

WR- J Jefferson

TE- K Pitts

Flex- C Olave

D/ST- TB

K- R Succop

I've started the Cowboys D/ST every other week than week 1 when they played the Bucs and week 9 is their bye

I’ve been playing FFB for 25 years, and I’ve accepted that I’m a better trader than drafter.  I’m not that great on the waiver wire.  Almost all of my championships have been won with a very different roster championship week than what I had on draft day, because of trades.

I play in 3 money leagues, and my one with the biggest pot is a dynasty that we redrafted this year.  I’m 7-1 and must have cashed in all my luck on draft day, because I’ve made one trade all year (Sanders for Etienne after week 3) and lead the league in scoring by a mile…like 20+ ppg ahead of #2.  My only injury has been Chase, and my roster is deep enough that I had the highest scoring game of anyone all year last week, without him.

20 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

I’ve been playing FFB for 25 years, and I’ve accepted that I’m a better trader than drafter.  I’m not that great on the waiver wire.  Almost all of my championships have been won with a very different roster championship week than what I had on draft day, because of trades.

I play in 3 money leagues, and my one with the biggest pot is a dynasty that we redrafted this year.  I’m 7-1 and must have cashed in all my luck on draft day, because I’ve made one trade all year (Sanders for Etienne after week 3) and lead the league in scoring by a mile…like 20+ ppg ahead of #2.  My only injury has been Chase, and my roster is deep enough that I had the highest scoring game of anyone all year last week, without him.

Congrats 

21 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Congrats 

Of course I probably just jinxed it now, and over the next 5 weeks will lose a couple of starters per week to injury, only to put together a duct taped roster from the WW to use in the playoffs!

Lost Javonte Williams who was one of my one year keepers.

Keepers: Mark Andrews and Tee Higgins

Drafted Tyreek Hill, Dameon Pierce, Mahomes, Dak Prescott in a start 2 QB league.

Start Chris Olave (who I drafted) since week 4.

Picked up Travis Etienne a few weeks ago and start him since week 6.

I start DJ Moore (who I drafted) over David Montgomery now.

Picked up Mariota in place of Justin Fields to cover Dak's injury and Mahomes' and Dak's bye weeks. 

Pick up Defenses as needed based on matchup.

Starting DeAndre Hopkins (who I drafted) since he came off suspension.

Mostly waiver wire adds like Palmer... and a few more head scratchers and scoops at flex like DPJ last week and Marquise Goodwin the week before.

Injuries basically moved ETN up to my RB2 and forced unique WR/flex starts.

• Like 1

I just load up at running back for anyone That might have a good situation going forward. Like Deon Jackson. Obviously there’s an injury but they could end up shutting Taylor down for the year and you’ve got a starter for several weeks. Or even Jaylin Warren, who they are talking about getting more involved. Guys, that could have some upside down the stretch. 

• Like 1

I don’t see J Warren being very productive, don’t see when he would matter, so starting him wouldn’t happen. 

Najee not having a great year. I try to make waiver moves early and not reactively. Warren worth a flier in deep bench leagues. Added rbs in all leagues. Traded for Jacobs and MCarter.  WR bench depth consequently always thin.