Sign in to follow this  
edjr

***official*** 2022 World Cup in Qatar ***official***

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The coaches choice of shirt in the fist match was questionable. After seeing the one he had on today makes me think he’s making a statement.  

What kind of statement?

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What kind of statement?

You would think he would wear something representing the US. It just seems like he’s making a statement. Maybe he’s a petulant child and reacting to the criticism of his earlier shirt? I don’t like him. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You would think he would wear something representing the US. It just seems like he’s making a statement. Maybe he’s a petulant child and reacting to the criticism of his earlier shirt? I don’t like him. 

My assumption was he didn't wear the usual STATE shirt that they normally wear because of people overreacting so he just wore a plain shirt.  Doesn't seem like a big deal.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My assumption was he didn't wear the usual STATE shirt that they normally wear because of people overreacting so he just wore a plain shirt.  Doesn't seem like a big deal.

It’s not. I just think he’s making a statement without saying anything. He’s worn USA garb before. And he seems like a dik. 

Do they play the Netherlands next? From my degan handicapping of a sport I don't know, seems like a good draw.   1 goal is all it takes and anything can happen but this USA team seems perfectly in the middle of crap teams and the upper tier.    They seem decently talented but can't actually score.  Hard to imagine thrm winning from here on out unless they catch a team on their off night.  

14 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Do they play the Netherlands next? From my degan handicapping of a sport I don't know, seems like a good draw.   1 goal is all it takes and anything can happen but this USA team seems perfectly in the middle of crap teams and the upper tier.    They seem decently talented but can't actually score.  Hard to imagine thrm winning from here on out unless they catch a team on their off night.  

4 Scoreless draws + 4 shootout victories = Championship

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Can't lose if you don't allow a goal 

18 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did you see that the shirt that he was wearing had the USA team logo on the back of it?  I just noticed it this morning.

18 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I have a bet on netherlands as a longer shot (i.e not Brazil, Argentina, France, England) to win it all so I’m sure Team USA will roll 😂 

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

You can only have 3 scoreless draws and that would be very iffy to get you through

13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

You can only have 3 scoreless draws and that would be very iffy to get you through

1st team would have to beat the other 2 teams in the group and those 2 teams would have to tie each other.

17 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I was talking from round of sixteen to glory. Isn't it H2H elimination from here on in?

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I was talking from round of sixteen to glory. Isn't it H2H elimination from here on in?

Sorry. Thought you were saying how you could win an entire World Cup without scoring in regulation 

52 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Did you see that the shirt that he was wearing had the USA team logo on the back of it?  I just noticed it this morning.

No I didn’t, he wore it during the game? If so good. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No I didn’t, he wore it during the game? If so good. 

Yes.  The shirt you were talking about.  It didn't have anything on the front but had the team logo on the back.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's been a crazy World Cup this year.  Germany, Belgium and Denmark all going home early.

completely

I don’t know anything about this sport, but the USA ML is +330 vs the Netherregions. Do the good guys have a chance to win?

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I just placed my first ever soccer bet. Hopefully I can wash the ghey off in the shower. Go USA

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I just placed my first ever soccer bet. Hopefully I can wash the ghey off in the shower. Go USA

Well now we’re focked

This is going to be a tough match for the US.  I don't have high expectations of them winning but anything can happen.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is going to be a tough match for the US.  I don't have high expectations of them winning but anything can happen.

I didn’t have high expectations of them getting out of their group. It’s go time

• Like 1

Down 1-0 in the 11th minute, but they look pretty good.  Cmon USA, beat these Van der Vans$#@!  

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Down 1-0 in the 11th minute, but they look pretty good.  Cmon USA, beat these Van der Vans$#@!  

They can get plenty of pressure but can't connect on their crosses.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They can get plenty of pressure but can't connect on their crosses.

F$#@! these crosses, shoot the damn ball!  :angry: 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Terrible corners and bad defense lost this game.

Along with quite a few missed golden opportunities.