BeenHereBefore

How Many Movie & TV Streaming Services Do You Currently Have ?

How Many Movie & TV Streaming Services Do You Currently Have ?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Movie & TV Streaming Services Do You Currently Have ?

• Zero
    • One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Five Or More
    • I Don't Watch TV
    • What Is A Streaming Service ?
    • I'm A Cable Guy
    • Does Free Ones Count ?

Prime video

Paramount+ (free with Walmart+ subscription)

HBO Max (free with internet)

Peacock (bought it when they had a sale for like $20 for the year)

Share passwords from friends/family: Fubo, Disney+, Netflix, B1G+, ESPN+

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

Can't afford $10/month for a streaming service like an adult? 

Oh I can more than afford it. All movies and shows in one app. Never any commercials. Just happens to be free.  👍

7 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Oh I can more than afford it. All movies and shows in one app. Never any commercials. Just happens to be free.  👍

Samsung TV plus is dog sh1t 

23 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Free. Most channels above your level though I imagine. There is a bunch of kids cartoons on there for you. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

THIS is the content you are pimping?  

Which you watch more, the 21 Jump Street channel or the Deal or No Deal channel? 

Stayed at a VRBO that had it. It’s not great but at least it’s free. Watched the Cowboys cheerleader channel for a bit. 

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Sony or GTFO. 👍🏻

Too many, I'm not proud of it...

This is embarrassing to say but, I'm just gonna be honest... I make a shltload of money, if there is something on that I want to see, I don't want to have access issues. 

Espn+ for mma

Netflix 

Youtube tv

I have a friends prime but don't use it.

I don't watch much tv other than sports.  If it weren't for golf I wouldn't carry a youtube tv type subscription from feb to sept.  It is obsolete.  I don't use it.  I watch much more TV in the winter.  I will go days without turning on my tv in the summer.  

9 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

THIS is the content you are pimping?  

Which you watch more, the 21 Jump Street channel or the Deal or No Deal channel? 

Dont cry about it like a little b!ich. Nobody's making you pay for a bunch of streaming services.  You do it out of your own stupidity. 

10 hours ago, Reality said:

This is embarrassing to say but, I'm just gonna be honest... I make a shltload of money, if there is something on that I want to see, I don't want to have access issues. 

It's your money, enjoy it.  They're just fun coupons.

10 hours ago, Reality said:

Mark down the one time I agree with you.

My wife and I do well financially and while I am notoriously cheap about things the one thing I will definitely pay for is channels and services I want to watch. If I'm looking for something I don't want to have to deal with issues in access either. 

43 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Dont cry about it like a little b!ich. Nobody's making you pay for a bunch of streaming services.  You do it out of your own stupidity. 

Adults pay for things they use.  I am making the assumption you have a job and can afford $10/month for a service.   Someone in our family uses the services i listed.  

You do you, if you are happy stealing stuff and watching Fear Factor reruns, more power to you.  You strike me as someone prone to complain about libs wanting free stuff and stealing, which makes it all the more humorous to me.  

28 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Mark down the one time I agree with you.

My wife and I do well financially and while I am notoriously cheap about things the one thing I will definitely pay for is channels and services I want to watch. If I'm looking for something I don't want to have to deal with issues in access either. 

Same here.  This started over covid, when we had nothing to do, and we weren't spending any money either, so I was just like fock it, sign up for any service.  Since then I try and cancel stuff that we don't watch, and then if we want to watch something I'll resubscribe.  Most channels are through Amazon, like AMC+, Starz, Showtime, and they give deals every once in a while like $1/mo for 3 months.  It's real easy to cancel and resubscribe vs the old days where you had to go through your cable company or call someone and have them try and talk you out of it.

32 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Adults pay for things they use.  I am making the assumption you have a job and can afford $10/month for a service.   Someone in our family uses the services i listed.  

You do you, if you are happy stealing stuff and watching Fear Factor reruns, more power to you.  You strike me as someone prone to complain about libs wanting free stuff and stealing, which makes it all the more humorous to me.  

He claims to make $300K per year.  He also also claims to have a HOTWIFE.

Like most people here who talk sh1t and twist the truth, he's rich and is married to a model and has lots of sex, lives the "ultimate male fantasy".  In my experience anyone that brags about this kinda stuff is usually full of sh!t.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

What makes you think I sit around all day watching Fear Factor when we've already establish the free streaming apps have every single show and movie available?  Besides low intelligence? It's people looking for free legal services that the Samsung TV+ might appeal to, I mean a bunch of reruns isn't much different than basic cable that some people are suckered into paying hundreds of dollars for.

As far as the lib comment, your skirt is showing, taxpayers aren't paying for the streaming apps I use.  I mean a monkey could figure out the difference there.  

25 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Like most people here who talk sh1t and twist the truth, he's rich and is married to a model and has lots of sex, lives the "ultimate male fantasy".  In my experience anyone that brags about this kinda stuff is usually full of sh!t.

This is the GC

You must be new here

28 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Ultimate male fantasy?   Man, success really bothers you for some reason.  It's your choice you had a bunch of kids with a fatty.  🤣

38 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Same here.  This started over covid, when we had nothing to do, and we weren't spending any money either, so I was just like fock it, sign up for any service.  

🤣  How many months was it before you were brave enough to leave the house?

28 minutes ago, Horseman said:

we've already establish the free streaming apps have every single show and movie available

Samsung+ does not have every single show and movie available.  Just stop it already.

26 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Ultimate male fantasy?   Man, success really bothers you for some reason.  It's your choice you had a bunch of kids with a fatty.  🤣

So you're equating a $300K salary and a model wife to success?

I am successful, I love my wife and my kids, and am very happy with the choices I made.  Not all of us want to share our HOTWIFE and do whatever else it is you do.  If it makes you happy, then good for you.  But don't put others down for choosing a different path to happiness.

27 minutes ago, Horseman said:

🤣  How many months was it before you were brave enough to leave the house?

I left the house every day during covid, what's the matter with you?

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Samsung+ does not have every single show and movie available.  Just stop it already.

Try and keep up.  I bolded the important part for you since you're reading challenged.

15 hours ago, Horseman said:

👍  Ton of stuff OTA.

$60/year for all the UFC stuff you get on ESPN+ is just too cheap not to have. 

Everything else I just steal: Cinema/TeaTV for movies and TV series.  Ustvgo for live TV.  Mmastreams for UFC PPV and NFL. 

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So you're equating a $300K salary and a model wife to success?

I am successful, I love my wife and my kids, and am very happy with the choices I made.  Not all of us want to share our HOTWIFE and do whatever else it is you do.  If it makes you happy, then good for you.  But don't put others down for choosing a different path to happiness.

Ok.  You just sound like the most miserable poster on this board.  Ask anyone.  

That and you're obsesses that I have a model for a wife.  Sorry you married a fatty.

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Try and keep up.  I bolded the important part for you since you're reading challenged.

Oh so you steal all your entertainment.  Makes sense.

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

What do you think we've been discussing?    🤣  Good Gawd you are sloooooooooow.

A better way to put it is I get all movies and tv shows for free, because technically watching a stream is not stealing anything.  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

What do you think we've been discussing?    🤣  Good Gawd you are sloooooooooow.

A better way to put it is I get all movies and tv shows for free, because technically watching a stream is not stealing anything.  :thumbsup:

I'm no lawyer, but I think you're wrong.

Is TeaTV Legal?

Watching any video content that is streamed without permission from the copyright holders is against the law.

https://www.vpnbrains.com/blog/is-teatv-safe-and-legal/

15 hours ago, Horseman said:

👍  Ton of stuff OTA.

$60/year for all the UFC stuff you get on ESPN+ is just too cheap not to have. 

Everything else I just steal: Cinema/TeaTV for movies and TV series.  Ustvgo for live TV.  Mmastreams for UFC PPV and NFL. 

47 minutes ago, Horseman said:

What makes you think I sit around all day watching Fear Factor when we've already establish the free streaming apps have every single show and movie available?  Besides low intelligence? It's people looking for free legal services that the Samsung TV+ might appeal to, I mean a bunch of reruns isn't much different than basic cable that some people are suckered into paying hundreds of dollars for.

As far as the lib comment, your skirt is showing, taxpayers aren't paying for the streaming apps I use.  I mean a monkey could figure out the difference there.  

Yeah, people with a brain understand that most of the main services own the rights to movies and shows, so no way your "free" channels provide every single show and movie, hence your other post above stating you just steal the rest.  

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I'm no lawyer, but I think you're wrong.

Is TeaTV Legal?

Watching any video content that is streamed without permission from the copyright holders is against the law.

https://www.vpnbrains.com/blog/is-teatv-safe-and-legal/

:lol:

Maybe give a link that doesn't set off virus and trojan alarm bells next time? 

There is no doubt that TeaTV itself is illegal, their servers host copyrighted material.  Whether watching a hosted stream online is illegal or not is what we are debating.   For my side of the argument I'd provide that no one, ever, has been prosecuted for simply watching a stream.  Case law does not exist.

But, in the end, I don't really care.  Hope that doesn't bother you too much.

3 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Yeah, people with a brain understand that most of the main services own the rights to movies and shows, so no way your "free" channels provide every single show and movie, hence your other post above stating you just steal the rest.  

Not sure what the first part of the sentence has to do with the second.  I assure you I can watch any TV show within 60 minutes of it airing.  Any movie that is available to stream.   :dunno:  

15 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

But it's a "free" app, so I guess that makes it OK.  He's trying to pass it off like he is using Tubi or Kanopy - actual free, but limited services.  Also often with ads.   

Pretty sure if you are watching Game of thrones on a non-HBO service, it's stealing.   I am sure he has a explanation why his stealing is different from other stealing though.  

5 minutes ago, Horseman said:

There is no doubt that TeaTV itself is illegal, their servers host copyrighted material.  Whether watching a hosted stream online is illegal or not is what we are debating.   For my side of the argument I'd provide that no one, ever, has been prosecuted for simply watching a stream.  Case law does not exist.

I should correct myself here.  TeaTV doesn't host or have the servers.  They scrape the internet for other servers that host copyrighted material.   

3 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

But it's a "free" app, so I guess that makes it OK.  He's trying to pass it off like he is using Tubi or Kanopy - actual free, but limited services.  Also often with ads.   

Pretty sure if you are watching Game of thrones on a non-HBO service, it's stealing.   I am sure he has a explanation why his stealing is different from other stealing though.  

You can call it stealing if you want. That doesn't bother me.  

Just now, Horseman said:

Not sure what the first part of the sentence has to do with the second.  I assure you I can watch any TV show within 60 minutes of it airing.  Any movie that is available to stream.   :dunno:  

Pretty clear in my post.  E.G. if you are watching Game of Thrones or The Office from a site that doesn't own them, it's stealing.   That's who owns the rights to stream them.  This isn't a hard concept.  

I saw your post, you don't care.  Cool.   People who steal usually don't and usually have a justification for it.  

7 minutes ago, Horseman said:

No I don't care, you do what you want.  It just shows what your character is, or further proves it based on everything else we know about you.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

No I don't care, you do what you want.  It just shows what your character is, or further proves it based on everything else we know about you.

:doublethumbsup:  As long as you're done crying about it.  

16 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

HBO Max is probably the best as far as overall package.

Peacock has a lot of good shows I've watched over the years so that is nice and has WWE Network which interests me. 

I'd agree with this.  If it was just me in the house, I'd probably be happy with HBO and Criterion and just getting stuff through the library.   Few times a year I'd fire up a couple others when the few shows I like come out with a new season.  I think NF is the worst and I barely ever watch that, but the 7yo seems to find a lot on there she likes, so we keep that and Disney+ for her.  

9 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Pretty clear in my post.  E.G. if you are watching Game of Thrones or The Office from a site that doesn't own them, it's stealing.   That's who owns the rights to stream them.  This isn't a hard concept.  

I saw your post, you don't care.  Cool.   People who steal usually don't and usually have a justification for it.  

This is untrue.  And I wish people would quit saying it.  While illegal it's not stealing.  Stealing applies to something tangible that, by my taking it, you can no longer use/sell.  Streaming content does not prevent the copyright holder from selling that product to someone else or using it themselves.  The words you all are looking for are copyright infringement, but that just doesn't sound as ominous and evil as THEFT.  But words have meaning, and that meaning matters. 

Decent article about this, although the comments are better than the article itself:

https://www.techdirt.com/2010/09/14/why-its-important-not-to-call-copyright-infringement-theft/

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

This is untrue.  And I wish people would quit saying it.  While illegal it's not stealing.  Stealing applies to something tangible that, by my taking it, you can no longer use/sell.  Streaming content does not prevent the copyright holder from selling that product to someone else or using it themselves.  The words you all are looking for are copyright infringement, but that just doesn't sound as ominous and evil as THEFT.  But words have meaning, and that meaning matters. 

Decent article about this, although the comments are better than the article itself:

https://www.techdirt.com/2010/09/14/why-its-important-not-to-call-copyright-infringement-theft/

Truth.

And nobody has ever been prosecuted for simply watching a stream. Objectively it's a gray area.  Download songs and movies to your hard drive, copyright infringement.